PDA

View Full Version : Rattling after Short Shifter

lightsource
10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
So... I installed the Megan Short Shifter V2 on my car, it performs great... Only one problem, I'm getting rattling in 4k through 7k RPM, I'll record a video later.

During the install, I had to drop the tranny. I'm 100% sure I tightened the bolts on the mount, all 4. However there are 2 factors... The shifter plate was sort of difficult to take off, a hammer & chisel was used from the bottom to take it off, the plate came off fine but the gasket was sorta screwed, only 80% of the gasket was put back on, the rest was thrown away, the solution for that is RTV I know. But could this be a reason for the rattling?

Also, the boot around the shifter, the UNDER boot, was connected to the old shifter through a zip tie, so part of it was ripped off, so it's not completely sealed, could this be a reason for the rattling?

Or could this just be something I have to live with?:confused:

Thanks!

slider2828
10-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Nah short shifters rattle... sounds like a kids teeth chattering in the cold... get a weighted shiftknob.... it helps...

apex
10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
my b&m shifter v1 does that too i got use to it
either that or my car is too loud that i cant hear it :naughty:

Vinny
10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
yup, short shifters rattle and mine rattles like a bish.....doesn't help I have a full titanium shift knob either. I might have to look into weighted shiftknobs as stated.

derek_s13
10-01-2008, 11:43 PM
replace the little plastic bearing thing with the oem one (i believe. someone jump in. cusco one?).
it helps more than weighted shift knobs do.

all shitty short-shifters rattle period.

old newwsssssss

lightsource
10-02-2008, 12:04 AM
is the B&M the only 'non shitty' short shifter?

ho0dlumka13
10-02-2008, 12:10 AM
my friends b&m rattles at 5k theres a write up on it on it and they said its supose to be like that since they removed the rubber section that normally joins two parts of the shifter together

94cc0rd
10-02-2008, 12:27 AM
i think the v2 b&m fixed the rattle..

i have v1 b&m and it rattles too... annoying ... but it gives me another reason to keep my rpms down... lol...

unless i'm at the track, then i can't even hear it..

derek_s13
10-02-2008, 12:29 AM
is the B&M the only 'non shitty' short shifter?

b&m v2 doesn't rattle from everything i've heard.

i've got a c's short shifter and it never rattles.

short throws are overrated anyway. it's not worth the annoyance.

SochBAT
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
As stated, B&M v2 doesn't rattle. had it in my car for the longest, best thing ever.

The 'one piece' construction shifters don't rattle, ie. CosmoRacing.

I remember by buddy bought his C's, and it rattled like a shaken baby.

bigOdom1
10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
b&m v2 my most enjoyable mod

lightsource
10-06-2008, 01:41 AM
it's pretty tacky... but i figured out how to stop the rattling...

I'll show pics of the 'mod' tomorrow.

You can do one of two things. Rubber bands or big ass zip ties. Tie them around two areas of the shifter and no more rattling.

chetacheese
10-06-2008, 11:37 AM
ahahh thats super ghetto. i have the same problem too. but if zipties or rubberbands can fix it then wonderful.
it's pretty tacky... but i figured out how to stop the rattling...

I'll show pics of the 'mod' tomorrow.

You can do one of two things. Rubber bands or big ass zip ties. Tie them around two areas of the shifter and no more rattling.

Vinny
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
wait...I don't understand...how do rubber bands or zipties stop the rattling?!
like what part of the shifter are you holding down with them???

lightsource
10-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Well, I posted that last post in confidence that I had rubber bands lol... What the sound actually is... Is the metal piece that's closest to the threads for the shift knob. So that needs to be dampened and the easiest way (now that I know what it is) is to TAPE it... Which sounds pretty fucked but here's my sorry excuse for a solution. Before tape-man is here to save the day...

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2456/dsc06564ye3.jpg

djcobra
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Tomei Short Shifters don't rattle, I have one installed, top notch quality. Too bad they don't make them anymore. I wouldn't even touch a Megan, best bet is to get the B&M v2.

Steve.

Phlip
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
My shifter rattles.

... I turn up the radio

kuruptR
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
+1 for rattle on B&M and Megan V2. If you change the shift knob to something with a rubber bushing, it makes less noise... I also put back on my leather boot... it helps too, to muffle noises.

420sx
10-06-2008, 01:32 PM
just about all short shifters rattle. cheap ones usually rattle the most

5t341tH
10-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Well, I posted that last post in confidence that I had rubber bands lol... What the sound actually is... Is the metal piece that's closest to the threads for the shift knob. So that needs to be dampened and the easiest way (now that I know what it is) is to TAPE it... Which sounds pretty fucked but here's my sorry excuse for a solution. Before tape-man is here to save the day...

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2456/dsc06564ye3.jpg
sorry i dont quite understand it. could u explain it more? is all that u are doing, tying that piece of string around the rubber boot?

lightsource
10-06-2008, 11:59 PM
sorry i dont quite understand it. could u explain it more? is all that u are doing, tying that piece of string around the rubber boot?

Yea sure

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4463/27079266vs2.jpg

Well what I have gathered is that the circled piece is not stationary. The entire shifter isn't solid so that extra weight is vibrating. The best thing to do is keep it from going in circles (my mod) by tying it down with rubber bands or a sweater lace :) or. If I understand correctly you can tape the entire weight and it won't move and you should be good.

Understood?

BlitzRPS13
10-07-2008, 10:06 AM
I have a c's short shifter.. no rattles. But i am using a nismo non metal shift knob.

Vinny
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
that piece isn't part solid with the shifter? I had no clue.....interesting...
I'll have to check this out now. Thanks!

iitywygms
10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Mine rattled until I put washer on top of the springs that hold the shifter in place. Add a couple of washer to make the springs push down harder, it will keep the shifter from rattling. At least it did for me.

lightsource
10-15-2008, 11:17 AM
that piece isn't part solid with the shifter? I had no clue.....interesting...
I'll have to check this out now. Thanks!

Yea. So I've found a pretty much surefire way to fix this problem.

Electric tape. My dad's friend didn't have packing tape so I used electric tape. Started taping from the bottom (before the metal weight) started taping tightly upwards, and then back down, pretty much insulating the weight in tape. The result is: No rattling whatsoever.
So to who ever has a rattling short shifter go ahead and tape it up basically making it one with the shaft of the shifter. Do it as tight as possible.

arkive43
10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
my c's dosent rattle?.....

lightsource
10-15-2008, 11:37 AM
c's is that Circuit Sports? Everyone's saying that I have NO idea wtf it is.

5t341tH
10-15-2008, 06:29 PM
^^ its called C's. thats the brand. look it up

240Thriller
10-15-2008, 06:56 PM
If buying a B&M from a member...how do you know whether it is V1 or V2?

lightsource
10-16-2008, 03:24 AM
the V2 has a full plate on the bottom just like the OE. The V1 has a different bolt in setup.

theronin
10-16-2008, 11:35 AM
my b&m version 2 never rattled. cant wait to get one on my new car.

BlueKpS13
10-17-2008, 03:40 AM
B&M V2 doesnt rattle, if it does then yours is defective, or you fucked it up. megan V2s rarely ever rattles, i have a V1 from Megan (DONT BUY!!!) and i hate it, and THAT set up rattles holys shit i hate it (and i dont have a radio) cant wait tp put on my shit and really drown out all the noise

lightsource
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Update...

I know it's kind of a hassle, but if you want to keep the weight/boot holder take off the c clip and apply RTV inside the weight and around the shaft of the short shifter, slide the weight on to the shifter and clean up all extra RTV, you should apply some around the corner at the bottom where the weight sits. Make sure you let the RTV sit for a while as the more it dries the better it holds the weight in place.

This completely eliminated my rattling problem.

melikepaint
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
i have the same thing and the same problem.
its annoying as hell. i have been told that its basically just poor quality, def not hating on megan products cause they are great, but thats what i was told. someone told me that its that little bity plastic part thats on the very bottom tip of the shifter that snaps into the tranny. in my kit it was supllied. the guy i asked about it said i should have used the part that was off the factory shifter, but i didnt have factory shifter so i couldnt. hope my info helps you out man.

lightsource
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Well like I said I've figured the problem out, it's not the plastic busing that goes into the shifter port.

I'm 100% it's the weight, so if you get the time, just take the c clip off and secure it... I was originally going to have it welded but I didn't have time to have that done.

But trust me, it's the weight, what happens is since it's not completely solid it turns and vibrates when rpm's get higher. I took the weight off and it completely fixed the problem, but if you follow the RTV instructions, you'll fix the problem, I'm sure of it.

soreballz
03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Alex (S13CoupeLuv) has a B&M V1 that rattles like a snake. lol... It sounds like a really bad timing chain rattle, only 50x louder and inside the cabin... Shit is terrible.

G240
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Hmm mine hums, not sure if its the short shifter, clutch chatter, or driveshaft vibration. I'll figure it out eventually.

Banegraphix
03-11-2009, 03:01 PM
My Isis shifter doesn't rattle at all in my track car and I beat the shit out of it

gyula hlavati
03-20-2009, 09:27 AM
I have B&M V2 and it does not rattle.I'm very happy because my previous short shifter rattled a lot and it drove me crazy.I think B&M worth the money and with ARC titanium shift knob shifts perfectly.

BPFTW
03-28-2009, 07:18 AM
My Isis shifter doesn't rattle at all in my track car and I beat the shit out of it

Mine does...I might try taping it, and if that works then I'll use some rtv. I didn't even think about that weight being the culprit

reaxion
03-28-2009, 07:57 AM

plus 1, ive got a C's on my s14 and it never rattled once for me

lightsource
03-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Mine does...I might try taping it, and if that works then I'll use some rtv. I didn't even think about that weight being the culprit

I say don't use tape, it just heats up and once it looses it's grip it's gonna get sticky and all over the weight, just do the RTV the first time...

plus 1, ive got a C's on my s14 and it never rattled once for me

Yeah, C's & B&M are Def. of higher quality. I don't regret not getting one but I will be buying one to test it out. Hopefully the throws are even shorter.:naughtyd:

landins13
03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Ikeya Formula Sequential Shifter S13 S14 Silvia 180SX HCR32 ECR33 Skyline (http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Ikeya-Formula-Sequential-Shifter-S13-S14-Silvia-180SX-HCR32-ECR33-Skyline-30052)

Buy this ^^^^^ it doesnt rattle, and it increases your pimp factor 190%

lightsource
03-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I always wondered what would happen if you were in 1st and you accidentally put it in reverse...

TravisSW
03-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Everybody talks and mentions about the B&M Version 2 short shifter.

I searched and I could not find such a product, even at the B&M website. Maybe somebody has a direct link to this? lol

ronmcdon
03-28-2009, 05:22 PM
I always wondered what would happen if you were in 1st and you accidentally put it in reverse...

with the ikeya formula shifter, you have to pull a lever of some sorts before you shift to reverse.
you also have shift to neutral before going to reverse iirc.
I've tried the ikeya shifter before and personally don't care too much for it.
I like to downshift directly to 2nd or 3rd from 4th or 5th.

ronmcdon
03-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Good Info!

I have the Mazworx shifter that came with the Z32 tranny convo kit.
http://www.mazworx.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2768

Don't know if its the shifter or its my car, but it rattles horribly cruising at 5th.
I will take your advice and use electrical tape for now.

also, what is this 'RTV' you speak of?
Pics to illustrate precisely where you apply this wondrous substance would be appreciated.

Either that, or use the excuse to spend $$$ on a C's.
It's already given me excuse to upgrade my speakers :)

lightsource
03-29-2009, 01:06 PM
I will take your advice and use electrical tape for now.

also, what is this 'RTV' you speak of?
Pics to illustrate precisely where you apply this wondrous substance would be appreciated.

I recommend against it, it won't last, and it just leads to more cleanup. You WILL have to use RTV or something better than electrical tape, the electrical tape's adhesive WILL melt and get the shifter super sticky.

RTV - Ace - Auto: Automotive Adhesives: RTV Silicone (http://www.acehardware.com/sm-rtv-silicone--fi-1259010_cp-2568455.2629356.html)

It's used for making gaskets or water & sometimes oil applications depending on how hot the oil is. Never for exhaust, it would get too hot and melt.

The application really isn't difficult at all, there's a C-Clip that holds the weight on... You remove that and once that is removed, you apply RTV to where the weight would be sitting, you then put the weight back on, make sure you have a towel/cloth/rag somewhere nearby because the RTV will seep out, clean it up, and apply some around the neck where the c-clip used to be. Let it cool, voila no more rattling.

TanaMU
03-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Actually, i do believe that the rattling is transmitted from the transmission up through the shifter. the stock shifter has a vibration damper in it, and aftermarket shifters do not. Just live with it.

lightsource
03-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Actually, i do believe that the rattling is transmitted from the transmission up through the shifter. the stock shifter has a vibration damper in it, and aftermarket shifters do not. Just live with it.

Well yes... The initial vibration IS transmitted from the transmission... But the shifter itself it's just rattling on its own.

The stock shifter is a one piece or two piece solid shifter. Either way it's coated with whatever it's coated with. If I could coat my short shifter w. that I would.

Trust me, it's not something you have to live with... I don't.

flip3d
03-29-2009, 02:20 PM
wow. just dont buy megan. B&M v2 ftw.

ronmcdon
03-29-2009, 04:41 PM
I recommend against it, it won't last, and it just leads to more cleanup. You WILL have to use RTV or something better than electrical tape, the electrical tape's adhesive WILL melt and get the shifter super sticky.

RTV - Ace - Auto: Automotive Adhesives: RTV Silicone (http://www.acehardware.com/sm-rtv-silicone--fi-1259010_cp-2568455.2629356.html)

It's used for making gaskets or water & sometimes oil applications depending on how hot the oil is. Never for exhaust, it would get too hot and melt.

The application really isn't difficult at all, there's a C-Clip that holds the weight on... You remove that and once that is removed, you apply RTV to where the weight would be sitting, you then put the weight back on, make sure you have a towel/cloth/rag somewhere nearby because the RTV will seep out, clean it up, and apply some around the neck where the c-clip used to be. Let it cool, voila no more rattling.

Thanks for clarifying that!

With the RTV though, is this something that's easy to reverse if I applied the adhesive wrong the first time around?
I know with the tape it might leave some residue, but at least I can clean it off, even if its a hassle.

lightsource
03-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks for clarifying that!

With the RTV though, is this something that's easy to reverse if I applied the adhesive wrong the first time around?
I know with the tape it might leave some residue, but at least I can clean it off, even if its a hassle.

It's only a gasket, so some brute force could take it off. But the only way to do it INCORRECTLY (that I can think of) is if you like... didn't push the weight all the way down and the RTV cured while the weight was higher up. Other than that... It's kind of fail proof.

apexi240sx
03-30-2009, 01:48 PM
thats why i stick to the OEM knob... the greddy counterwieghted knob is nice too... but durning hott weather..forget it!

besTint
04-11-2009, 02:19 AM
my b&m never rattled, and my c's now dont rattle.

megan? haha, ill just leave it at that.

xs240
04-11-2009, 07:36 PM
ive got a race clutch/flywheel combined with peak performance tranny mount and cusco engine mounts... i got a megan racing v2 shifter from fr sport... initial feel was AMAZING but after literally 2-3 days it started having looseness. Right now i have so much play about 1"+ of movement.. its garbage. When it 'worked' from 5000rpm the car was like a raging lion and i could feel the vibgration in my hand holding it.. and this was with the 2G DSm heavy shift knob that ams performance sells! after those 2-3 days it loosenesd and as is now with 1" of play but the noise went away but its a useles piece of shit

On top of that from the beginning the shifter could move on its axis if i can explain that.... it was never fixed in position it kinda moves rotates if that makes sense and ican see the little springs on the side inside moving with the lever of sorts that goes across horizontally if you looked down into it.. if oppl understand what i mean

All these pronblems! i want a shifter that shifts short and fast precisely and doesnt rattle... none of the above provlems...

Is the b&m v2 really that great and who sells it. all i gotta say is dont waste money on piece of shit megan products

SochBAT
04-12-2009, 02:37 AM
B&M really IS that amazing.

Nissan 240SX short shifter B&M 45088 (http://www.spiderautomotive.com/ni24bmsh.html)
Slowboy Racing, Inc. :: Nissan :: 350Z :: Drivetrain :: Short Shifters :: B&M :: 240sx, Skyline Short Shifter (http://www.slowboyracing.com/product.php?productid=6379&cat=0&page=1)
PDM Racing - Drivetrain (http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/drivetrain.html)

I have had it personally, and wouldn't recommend anything else.

Then again, I am looking into purchasing a similar design made by CosmoRacing.

Street Tuning, BMW Performance Parts, HONDA Performance Parts, Auto Parts - COSMO Racing Online (http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=137&pid=848)

I had their SOHC crank pulley, and it was amazing. Never have heard a bad thing about em.

gsxr141
05-14-2009, 08:54 PM
i ordered a circuit sports short shifter from touge-factory, and i got an isis somehow. well that's another story. i also got a peak performance street trans mount at the same time.
the first 2 days were awesome, no rattles and great feel. now it rattles all the time, and when i shift 1-2 there's some synchro noise? it doesn't happen all the time, but enough to worry me.
i guess i'll try the low buck repairs mentioned, and if they don't work i'll just get the b&m shifter.

ixfxi
05-14-2009, 09:25 PM
you guys realize that the upper sleeve is ONLY there for to secure the shift boot. i threw the fuckin insert into the garbage and zip-tied the boot to a smaller diameter.

i also tossed their fucking shift knob into the dumpster.

v1 B&M and no rattles.

FusionR240sx
05-14-2009, 11:01 PM

so what do u have a short shifter for then?

yea my megan v1 rattles as well.

who cares.
barely hear it over the exhaust/tire noise/music/girl bitching about her tits hurtting from the coilovers.

ixfxi
05-15-2009, 01:11 AM
so what do u have a short shifter for then?

yea my megan v1 rattles as well.

who cares.
barely hear it over the exhaust/tire noise/music/girl bitching about her tits hurtting from the coilovers.

pics or ban

btw, he specifically said he has a C's shifter.

soreballz
05-15-2009, 01:43 AM
^He said, "so what do you have a short shifter for then?"
Not, "so what short shifter do you have?"

The grammar wasn't the greatest, but there is a difference. Reading comprehension is of the utmost importance. <3

xs240
05-15-2009, 08:06 AM
ARGHH I WANA RIP THIS THING APART

I hate my megan v2...

Who sells THE latest B&M v2 buzz/raspiness/rattle 100%-free version. I have race peak perf tranny mount and cusco engine mounts... and a heavy shift knob. Also solid subframe bushings... i know the differential noise will be there but.. reducing noise and rattling and vibrations and crappy feel urgh...

Reason I'm asking, is because alot of people claim to be selling the latest one but there were revisions as far as I'm aware... and usually people don't sell the latest b&m shifter for our cars... makes sense?

sldwayz1
01-01-2010, 02:33 PM
i have the tenzoR weighted shift knob mine rattles as well

xavier240
01-01-2010, 03:54 PM
i have the megan short shifter as well but with a kazama knob i dont experience any rattling. thats crazy. but when i have my ebay one it was bad. gl wit it.

lightsource
01-01-2010, 05:07 PM
RTV! It works. Trust mah!

sr20drifter1
01-01-2010, 06:42 PM
I had a B&M before. It rattles just like everyone said before me,but I had a chance to get my hands on a super rare HKS short shifter. It's the best shifter ever. It doesn't rattle and it makes my car feel super hard and strong when I shift.

Big Zee
01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
b&m v2 my most enjoyable mod

+1 aside of coilovers

I have the V2 and it doesn't rattle.

eddieflo
02-15-2010, 04:02 AM
So what it seems like from this thread is, half of either brand (b&m or megan) rattle while the other half do not. Any more testimonials?

lightsource
02-15-2010, 06:19 AM
I can speak for B&M V2 when I say it does not rattle.

sirfallsalot243
02-15-2010, 06:25 AM
I have a Circuit Sports, V2... no rattles.

Easy install, no dropping of the trans required.

sirfallsalot243
02-15-2010, 06:27 AM
So what it seems like from this thread is, half of either brand (b&m or megan) rattle while the other half do not. Any more testimonials?

Looks like the v1's rattle, of any brand. The v2's dont.

eddieflo
02-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I have a Circuit Sports, V2... no rattles.

Easy install, no dropping of the trans required.

My trans is already out, so that's not a problem, lol. Any more circuit sports v2 or v3 owners?

roboticnissan
02-15-2010, 02:46 PM
short shifters rattle nothing you can do

felton local
04-15-2010, 11:38 AM
heres an idea i had while i had my motor out. i dont know if this is going to make any difference seeing as how everyone is saying rattling comes from the bar part but you never no. i have the Circuit Sports version , ill let you no how it works. im not expecting too much from it though.

lightsource
04-15-2010, 11:53 AM
heres an idea i had while i had my motor out. i dont know if this is going to make any difference seeing as how everyone is saying rattling comes from the bar part but you never no. i have the Circuit Sports version , ill let you no how it works. im not expecting too much from it though.

It'll help w. resonance but that thing's gonna get greasy as hell, version 2 of that idea should be thin rubber! almost like a gasket, either way good idea ;)

felton local
04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
well i just finished installing it. i did quite a bit more than just that. i ended up taking the weight off the shifter shaft. taping it up with 1 layer of electric tape then had to force the weight back into place but it doesnt move at all anymore. also the little bar the goes through the shaft... i first put a layer of thread sealer tape then ONE more layer of electric tape around so it fit nice a snug in the tranny and still shifted through all the gears without binding up . i have pictures ill put up in a min. just have a lot of other work to do.. now its on to getting my bumper over the intercooler.. Yay!

lightsource
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Sounds good.

That electric tape's gonna get hot and melt off after about 6 months. Use a better heat friendly alternative when you get a chance. And the bumper over the intercooler is only a question of cutting the bumper support (easy part) and cutting the bumper correctly. Chuki's a joke cutting but zenki's easy to fuck up (S13). Good luck

felton local
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
thanks for the suggestion on the tape . i was thinking that when i put it o but it was either electric tape or duct tape.
so here are some pics of what i did with the shifter along with a pic of where i stopped last night getting the bumper to fit. its a bit dark but eh. ill post more later if youd like.

1. remove shifter from transmission.

2. remove C-clip, and pull weight off.

3. wrap shifter from O-ring to O-ring with ONE very tight layer maybe 2 if you have the room, but don't tape over O-rings or else the weight more than likely wont fit over it.

4. I wrapped the rod going through the shaft that fits into the transmission first with thread tape (very tightly) than one more layer with electric tape. (you just want to make sure you dont wrap it too much or else A. the plastic peice may not fit around it.. not to crucial. B. It will bind your shifter inside the tranny, not allowing it to shift smooth.

After all that. reassemble and test.

I have not yet tested this while driving so it may or may not be effecient but i did rev the motor in idle to 5k and no rattle.
i would also suggest using a high temp tape if you have it.

Hope this helps some of you.

lightsource
04-15-2010, 02:01 PM
tearin' this thread up :)

thanks man!

Good job, tell me how it performs with the tape on the swivel ends.

slider2828
04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
You know what is easier than all that? get a close to 400 gram shifter like razo... Done.... Never rattled again.....

felton local
04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
You got it buddy, i gotta run to the store once i get my bumper and hood back on, that'll be a perfect time to test.
tearin' this thread up :)

thanks man!

Good job, tell me how it performs with the tape on the swivel ends.

felton local
04-15-2010, 04:24 PM
You know what is easier than all that? get a close to 400 gram shifter like razo... Done.... Never rattled again.....

Not a bad Idea. i was just working with what i had. Personally too broke to buy another shifter . and in plus i already have a prtty heavy greddy knob

felton local
04-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Alrighty, test drive complete. took it up to redline ... NO RATTLE... yet. now i'm curios to see how long it will last.
Oh By the way, For anyone curios, this was with the Circuit Sports short throw shifter. $99. enjuku.com

Bushido
04-16-2010, 08:16 AM
i got the cheapest shifter on ebay.

copy of the c's.

replaced the bushing with oem piece.

works perfectly, tight precise feel, smooth shifts, no rattles.