View Full Version : Failed Emissions.

adam s
09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Well, after fixing valve cover gasket, rack and pinion boots, all rotors and pads, brake master cylinder, and power steering pump, I was ready for state inspection. I passes it all with flying colors until it was time to do the emissions part. I failed that pretty bad.

I'm in Austin TX, and am allowed 220pp of HC, unfortunately, my car gave a reading of 729. THIS WAS ALL AT HIGH IDLE.

Its a '92 240sx fastback LE, bone stock, except coilovers (shouldnt affect it =p) with 151K miles.

Any ideas? Advice? Tips?

I'm honestly frustrated and exhausted after all the work (did it myself), and now it wont pass.

Thanks in advance.

Ben G
09-30-2008, 07:28 PM
well one its old...

adam s
09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
well one its old...

Maybe I should have included a clause in my original post, about no shit replies about shit I already know.

:mrmeph:

ManoNegra
09-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Other number were good? Sounds like the cat gave up the ghost.
How's your AFR?

adam s
10-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Other number were good? Sounds like the cat gave up the ghost.
How's your AFR?

Yeah, other numbers were fine, and I'm pretty sure its cat or o2 sensor, either way, I'm going back to work today to put a new o2 sensor in and run it again. If that doesnt work I guess I'll get a new cat. As far as my AFR goes, I have no idea.

SlideWell
10-01-2008, 07:42 AM
check your state requirements. WA State only requires a maximum out-of-pocket expense of $200 for "try" and fix the problem. so if it wont pass on the next round, which should be free on the second attempt, id just pay up and get the waiver. thats just me cuz i know i wont pass with a downpipe and no cat. but check the state, they just want to tax your ass a lil.

adam s
10-01-2008, 08:36 AM
check your state requirements. WA State only requires a maximum out-of-pocket expense of $200 for "try" and fix the problem. so if it wont pass on the next round, which should be free on the second attempt, id just pay up and get the waiver. thats just me cuz i know i wont pass with a downpipe and no cat. but check the state, they just want to tax your ass a lil.

Good idea, I'll give it a shot if I cant figure it out =]