PDA

View Full Version : need a good shop in san jose

kaking
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
im having some electrical problems w/ my ka24e. was being too lazy too jack up my low ass car so i took it to jiffy lube. well the dumbass ripped through my wiring harness taking off the oil filter.

i put the wires back together & charged my battery and the car ran but nothin else electic worked. the battery died again so i think theres another loose wire im missing or cant get to.

alt & new battery were fine before incident so ive got nothing. i work alot so id rather jus take it to a good shop. anyone have any recommendations???

ayuaddict
09-29-2008, 03:35 AM
i dunno, norcal kinda sucks.

Luke's shop or DGR are the first to come to mind as really good places to take your car around here.

TiNMAN
09-29-2008, 09:09 AM
blacktrax in milpitas

$$$ = quality

slider2828
09-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Blacktrax.... is crap..... Sorry.... Manjiparts....

After what they did to my friends MKIV, would never consider doing anything there...

kaking
09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
i dunno, norcal kinda sucks.

Luke's shop or DGR are the first to come to mind as really good places to take your car around here.

i live like 5min from DGR but arent they mostly fab and custom work?
what you think about VEX?

TiNMAN
09-29-2008, 10:42 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/9509/Charlie_Brown.png

ayuaddict
09-29-2008, 01:01 PM
i live like 5min from DGR but arent they mostly fab and custom work?
what you think about VEX?

couple friends work at vex, i would trust jeff.

you could give them a call, 408-678-0808.

i always thought they just did alignments and shit.

just don't let them dismount your tires to flip them, theyll rip your bead, leave you no choice but to buy 2 tires, and lack the ability to stretch them on and youll have to mount the tires yourself. haha.

or just go in when jeff is working.

kaking
09-30-2008, 09:48 AM
ill remember that when its time to flip em(actually got my tires there). ill hit up jeff and see whats up

bboyswoosh87
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Vex is pretty good. I trust them in my book. I dont know about blacktrax though... I got some quotes and they were expensive as f*** 110 an hour just to see whats wrong with my car. That was a while back though hopefully they changed their prices.