PDA

View Full Version : the death of auto enthusiest tuner sites??

HyperTek
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
remember back in the day, speedoptions.com, overboost.com?? even jtuned.com no longer seeing updates.. mannn!!! those where some of my favorite sites. They where pretty chill to kick back.. overboost had alot of nice technical blogs before they became a media coverage site.

speedhunters.com is probably the only cool site now.

Andrew Bohan
09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
i don't think i've ever gone to any of those sites

*shurg*

Om1kron
09-25-2008, 06:14 PM
remember back in the day, speedoptions.com, overboost.com?? even jtuned.com no longer seeing updates.. mannn!!! those where some of my favorite sites. They where pretty chill to kick back.. overboost had alot of nice technical blogs before they became a media coverage site.

speedhunters.com is probably the only cool site now.

speedoptions...rice and thief central
overboost.com... was pretty cool but paying for a membership for their weak content wasn't.

jtuned.com - bunch of honda dudes who modded out their honda's, bought camera's to take pictures of their honda's and then became professional photographers and circle jerk journalists.

same thing with some other site that is... ahhhh tunerzine.com as well.

Sites like that is how some certain douchebags in the industry get famous for nothing and get them connections like some of the enthusiasts that deserve the sponsorships they ask for and need. As opposed to the dipshits who do nothing with it.

Just like this one dude that got honda to sponsor his drag racing team, turns around and buys a sweet ass towing rig, and a lambo, drag racer never got built, money was spent. Now honda refuses to sponsor a lot of teams that would need that sponsorship.

Granted this is a nissan site, I'm just venting.

Sometimes we run out of internet but hell there is always 562draggers.com or something lol!

Taniguchi_Is_#1
09-25-2008, 09:41 PM
^^^ end thread. those sites are all terrible. jtuned was tolerable for 1 year while all those dudes were still figuring out their cameras. now, not so much.

ESmorz
09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Maybe it's because people forgot how to spell enthusiast?

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/LOL.jpg

:love:

kyoru
09-26-2008, 09:21 AM
speedoptions...rice and thief central
overboost.com... was pretty cool but paying for a membership for their weak content wasn't.

jtuned.com - bunch of honda dudes who modded out their honda's, bought camera's to take pictures of their honda's and then became professional photographers and circle jerk journalists.

same thing with some other site that is... ahhhh tunerzine.com as well.

Sites like that is how some certain douchebags in the industry get famous for nothing and get them connections like some of the enthusiasts that deserve the sponsorships they ask for and need. As opposed to the dipshits who do nothing with it.

Just like this one dude that got honda to sponsor his drag racing team, turns around and buys a sweet ass towing rig, and a lambo, drag racer never got built, money was spent. Now honda refuses to sponsor a lot of teams that would need that sponsorship.

Granted this is a nissan site, I'm just venting.

Sometimes we run out of internet but hell there is always 562draggers.com or something lol!

I can't agree more, it seems like alot of sites are circle jerking.

ZenkiGTS
09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
haha i never went to those sites i do visit speedhunters tho

Gnnr
09-26-2008, 01:01 PM
speedhunters keeps it real. there design sucks, but the content is good.

HyperTek
09-26-2008, 01:15 PM
sucks they are sponsored by ea games need for speed stuff,,.. but yah know, pays the bills

spartanic
09-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Check out RiceBoyTV : Import Cars, Tuner Cars, Drifting, Event Coverage, Videos, Reviews (http://www.riceboytv.com/)

Created by Rikkdaddy and Nads, both formally from SuperStreet. Looks ok so far.

Dousan_PG
09-26-2008, 06:50 PM
riceboy tv hahaha
such a terrible name

those other sites suck
speedhunters is awwesomeeeee

Vision Garage
09-26-2008, 06:58 PM
who needs tuner sites when you have ZILVIA?

Well Zilvia and TOPGEAR!

spikNspan
09-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Zilvia is all I need for now, too many forums and shit overloads my psyche!

IIIXziuR
09-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Speedhunters is cool, I actually dig that site because its not just some asshole guys who are sponsored by everyone $$$ (i.e. Jtuned)

Speedhunters has awesome coverage

blitzkrgCT9A
09-26-2008, 07:34 PM
+1 for SpeedHunters

lucky7
09-26-2008, 07:39 PM
i always liked jtuned. the photo section on the forum was ftw.

iwishiwas-all*
09-26-2008, 07:45 PM
gripunit??? drift unit/??? jtuned???

fucking what the fuck

Matej
09-26-2008, 08:00 PM
It's all about keeping the cool stuff underground.

Friends and I meet on the corner trading pics of fresh 180's.

ILoveMyRHS13
09-26-2008, 08:52 PM
I check SpeedHunters every day in school.