PDA

View Full Version : Mc Cain + Obama United? Fair and Balanced...

socal_kouki
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd like to hear people's educated opinion on the invitation to Obama from McCain to "come together" to resolve the true crisis at hand with our world economic situation.

SexPanda
09-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Heres the problem, as I see it.

Everything. The Illuminati are trying to create a global depression, so they can gain even more control over us.

It just makes sense.

socal_kouki
09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Good point, this move by McCain sits well with the the nostradamus prediction interpretation of a one world nation.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-24-2008, 05:45 PM
to be fair, Obama reached out to McCain at 7:45 this morning, McCain returned his phone call 10 minutes later and Obama proposed the idea to McCain. McCain agreed and made the announcement, leading people to believe that it was McCains idea, which it was not. Now, the funniest thing is that at 7:30 in the morning a shock jock came up with the idea in Tampa, and as we all know Obama's people are in Tampa. And yes, I WAS listening over the radio to it and heard the enitre thing. Pretty funny how 15 minutes after a simple suggestion turned into reality. So it was Bubba's idea.
But McCain had nothing to do with the inception.

socal_kouki
09-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Intresting. So that pretty much eliminates the conspiracist view unless the shock jock hypnotised everyone through the airwaves which I'm sure nobody will want to play with that idea.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I was kinda weirded out by the whole thing but that shit was true. I honestly believe that both candidates want to help our economy, they're both not too far apart from each other in terms of plans. No matter who's initial idea it was, I think this might work. Our economy NEEDS to get fixed or else there will be a shell of a nation, seriously.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-24-2008, 06:08 PM
According to a press release from the Obama (http://www.thestreet.com/story/10439171/1/mccain-obama-drop-politics-to-fix-economy.html?puc=googlen&cm_ven=GOOGLEN&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA#) campaign, Obama called McCain this morning to discuss a bipartisan solution to the crisis. McCain agreed early this afternoon. Furthermore, the McCain campaign has requested a delay to the first presidential debate scheduled for Friday night.

McCain, Obama Drop Politics to Fix Economy - TheStreet.com (http://www.thestreet.com/story/10439171/1/mccain-obama-drop-politics-to-fix-economy.html?puc=googlen&cm_ven=GOOGLEN&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA)

RJF
09-24-2008, 06:36 PM
McCain, Obama Drop Politics to Fix Economy - TheStreet.com (http://www.thestreet.com/story/10439171/1/mccain-obama-drop-politics-to-fix-economy.html?puc=googlen&cm_ven=GOOGLEN&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA)

If that story is true then why isn't Obama in Washington with McCain and instead still in Florida campaigning?

fromxtor
09-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Bubbas still on the air? Best morning show hands down.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
If that story is true then why isn't Obama in Washington with McCain and instead still in Florida campaigning?
I told you, it's because it wasn't his idea. Bubba the Love Sponge came up with the idea over 30 minutes before the initial phone call. Obama was in Florida and his people HAD to have heard it. If they didn't it was an amazing coincidence.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Bubbas still on the air? Best morning show hands down.
yup. Cox signed him. He streams, I don't have the link right now but he has a terestrial morning show and is on after Howard on Sirius. But that dumb fatass said it at 7:30am this morning. And I mean dumb fatass in the kindest of ways.

BustedS13
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
to be fair, Obama reached out to McCain at 7:45 this morning, McCain returned his phone call 10 minutes later and Obama proposed the idea to McCain. McCain agreed and made the announcement, leading people to believe that it was McCains idea, which it was not. Now, the funniest thing is that at 7:30 in the morning a shock jock came up with the idea in Tampa, and as we all know Obama's people are in Tampa. And yes, I WAS listening over the radio to it and heard the enitre thing. Pretty funny how 15 minutes after a simple suggestion turned into reality. So it was Bubba's idea.
But McCain had nothing to do with the inception.

gross, you listen to bubba the love sponge

ILoveMyRHS13
09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Good point, this move by McCain sits well with the the nostradamus prediction interpretation of a one world nation.
Funny, the Bible called that one before Nostradamus did. But I'm not even going to get into religion.

imotion s14
09-24-2008, 08:44 PM
We need more government to fix the problem it created in the first place.

ESmorz
09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
We need more government fix the problem it created in the first place.

Sarcasm?

Because if not, your sig is pretty funny.

:snoop:

RJF
09-24-2008, 09:00 PM
We need more government to fix the problem it created in the first place.

I do hope you made the statement as a joke.

What we need is LESS government. The Government is what caused the problem by forcing banks to give loans to people that couldn't afford to pay them back.

imotion s14
09-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Sarcasm?

Because if not, your sig is pretty funny.

:snoop:

why would you say that? No one runs things better than the government. NO ONE.

imotion s14
09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
I do hope you made the statement as a joke.

What we need is LESS government. The Government is what caused the problem by forcing banks to give loans to people that couldn't afford to pay them back.

"we need MORE government to FIX the problem it created" winkwink :)

BustedS13
09-25-2008, 12:39 AM

because DEMOCRATS LOL

DERR DERR DERR

ESmorz
09-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Just wait a fucking minute.

There is a radio personality called Bubba the Love Sponge?

BustedS13
09-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Just wait a fucking minute.

There is a radio personality called Bubba the Love Sponge?

he got himself ban'd from regular radio a few years ago, and now he's on Howard 101 or whatever on Sirius

i dunno, i just download the Stern show, i don't mess with the Bubba stuff

ESmorz
09-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Radio is shit.

Everything pertaining to radio is pure unadulterated shit.

If I had a radio show it would just be me telling Rush Limbaugh to drag his ass over to my station an park my balls square in his mouth.

deolio
09-25-2008, 01:09 AM
what the government needs to do is liquidate AIG and give the 85 billion to the people. about $297,500 to every citizen over 18 :) instant economy boom

SlideWell
09-25-2008, 02:04 AM
Bubba is the biggest piece of shit. i remember listening to 93.3 and the rock station he was on after that. i wish i had never seen a picture of him, i about puked.
as far as obama and mcdouche getting together, who cares, things need to change, and quick. we should all be working together to fix things. the issue at hand is someone is seeking credit for an idea wanting votes. or so it seems.
RJ is right, what we NEED is LESS GOVERNMENT

ayuaddict
09-25-2008, 02:51 AM
what the government needs to do is liquidate AIG and give the 85 billion to the people. about $297,500 to every citizen over 18 :) instant economy boom

i am so down for that.

socal_kouki
09-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Funny, the Bible called that one before Nostradamus did. But I'm not even going to get into religion.

Let's not, I'd have a handfull of facts here, buddy. You'd have a book full of excuses.

Or maybe stop running our economy like General Motors... And since some snarky kid is gonna jump in and yelp that GM does great in China THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN.

The fact of the matter is Obama and McCain can't do much to improve our economy in their current state. All they can do as senators is VOTE. The Role of presidential nominee has all of a sudden granted them super politician powers.. It's funny how they threw off the gloves and just decided morph into a megazord....

They should hang W with a noose just like Sadam so we can at least feel vindicated.

ESmorz
09-25-2008, 03:55 AM
They should hang W with a noose just like Sadam so we can at least feel vindicated.

Oh you're going to gitmo.

Grendel
09-25-2008, 06:58 AM
The entire deal with Obama and McCain trying to "fix" the economy is bullshit, they really can't do anything about it right now.

I saw some recent videos of Ron Paul talking with fox news about the economy, he had some really good things to say. I'm at work so I can't post them up :(

boro otaku
09-25-2008, 07:37 AM
they're both not too far apart from each other in terms of plans.
:confused: Obama doesn't have plans. How is that not far apart LOL:naughty:

The ROMAN
09-25-2008, 08:52 AM
McCain's attempt to get out of the debate Friday is killing him. No one is buying that "country is more important" crap, it's just seen as a publicity stunt. If he isn't capable of handling two things at once he shouldn't be president. Plus didn't McCain just say "economic fundamentals are good" last week? Then this week he says we may go into a depression if him and Obama don't save the day? WTF?

P.S. less government means less regulation = depression. Stepping in and dumping huge amounts of money into the economy is the only way out. How do you think the Great Depression started? Lack of regulation. Why haven't we had another depression? Regulation.

Antihero983
09-25-2008, 09:49 AM

just to make you mad. he told me so.

aziankingz
09-25-2008, 09:55 AM
McCain's attempt to get out of the debate Friday is killing him. No one is buying that "country is more important" crap, it's just seen as a publicity stunt. If he isn't capable of handling two things at once he shouldn't be president. Plus didn't McCain just say "economic fundamentals are good" last week? Then this week he says we may go into a depression if him and Obama don't save the day? WTF?

P.S. less government means less regulation = depression. Stepping in and dumping huge amounts of money into the economy is the only way out. How do you think the Great Depression started? Lack of regulation. Why haven't we had another depression? Regulation.

agreed.. bailout is the only way and both parties know that..

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-25-2008, 10:24 AM
lol. $85,000,000,000 / (apx) 200,000,000 American citizens = $425/person.

drftmark
09-25-2008, 10:30 AM

Ya I know right. I totally wish Stalin could lead us also!

Where do you think that huge amount of money comes from? Oh wait. They can just print more thus decreasing the worth of the dollar even more. Wow I love it!

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-25-2008, 10:33 AM

Where do you think that huge amount of money comes from? Oh wait. They can just print more thus decreasing the worth of the dollar even more. Wow I love it!
I semi agree. I think that the government should NOT get into the business of collections. It's a glorified collection agency ran by the government, and the government wins every time. What needs to happen is that AIG, Freddy and Fanny need to be liquidated. I'm just not too sure what the ramifications would be if that were to happen to the middle class. That's the reason why I'm undecided about the takeover.

Gnnr
09-25-2008, 10:39 AM
How do you think the Great Depression started? Lack of regulation. Why haven't we had another depression? Regulation.

The Great Depression was a WORLDWIDE economic period that spawned about 10years, it was a multitude of problems intersecting that triggered more than one chain reaction.

Great Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression)

The ROMAN
09-25-2008, 11:28 AM

Yeah cause government regulation means dictatorship. Deregulatory policies like trinkle-down and lassiez-faire allowed the stock market to crash, which in turn allowed the Depression to happen. Also printing more money is a devious practice, but money can be borrowed as well; a country can even borrow money from itself in a way.

The ROMAN
09-25-2008, 11:34 AM
The Great Depression was a WORLDWIDE economic period that spawned about 10years, it was a multitude of problems intersecting that triggered more than one chain reaction.

Great Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression)

Linking me to a basic wikipedia article is a pretty good attempt at an insult (no, seriously, I might use it someday), but even in that article it states that the Depression originated in the United States and grew out of the stock market crash. Many people believe (Kenneth Galbraith is a well-known example) that government regulation taken when the Depression was still a recession in terms of the economy and the market (especially in regards to Wall Street advisers) could have prevented it.

drftmark
09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah cause government regulation means dictatorship. Deregulatory policies like trinkle-down and lassiez-faire allowed the stock market to crash, which in turn allowed the Depression to happen. Also printing more money is a devious practice, but money can be borrowed as well; a country can even borrow money from itself in a way.

That is just a band-aid on a shotgun wound.

noshow
09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
the country is seriously bleeding itself dry, throwing money at anything at this point will only cause more problems.

The ROMAN
09-25-2008, 01:02 PM
That is just a band-aid on a shotgun wound.

Yeah this is true, but really nobody is coming up with anything better at this point. You can turn on Fox, MSNBC or CNN and there is a lot of criticism but no real plans that scream "Yeah! That will save us!" Some people I guess think putting McCain and Obama in a room together will create some super genius that will solve our problems, but I think those people are the same that swing voted from Hilary to Palin cause they are both "strong women." :tweak: Although, I guess it could restore some confidence, and that is a real power in itself.

But really, the first and immediate action is just simple, temporary relief, such as allowing AIG to slowly die out over years instead of overnight. Then actual reforms are supposed to come later, although historically they have tended to fall short. Really only massive spending has ever worked (think WWII).

RUTH'LESSDET
09-25-2008, 01:04 PM
ba-rock the vote!!!

KA24DESOneThree
09-25-2008, 01:14 PM
If that wasn't a joke, it was a good joke, RUTH'LESSDET.

Neither candidate has any idea what is going on.

Less government regulation is a GOOD thing. More government regulation is a BAD thing.

Gnnr
09-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Linking me to a basic wikipedia article is a pretty good attempt at an insult (no, seriously, I might use it someday), but even in that article it states that the Depression originated in the United States and grew out of the stock market crash. Many people believe (Kenneth Galbraith is a well-known example) that government regulation taken when the Depression was still a recession in terms of the economy and the market (especially in regards to Wall Street advisers) could have prevented it.

Sorry to insult you. Would you like me to point you to some respected Journals instead? I have access to millions of journals through my University's online library catalog, I'll just have to verify it doesn't violate my TOU agreement, and I'll find some for you if you wish. What I was pointing out is that it was a Worldwide event and we where just the first to plunge. Just because it originated here doesn't mean we caused the domino effect, that's still largely argued. If our markets crashed I doubt the whole world is going down with us like it did the last time, although they'd feel the effect. I hope not, then we'll need a WWIII to get back out (j/k). I'm not disagreeing with you either if you examine my post, I'm saying that deregulation was just one of the problems (much like now) that lead to it but that had there been more it still wouldn't have stopped it from coming (hopefully not like in our near future).

The ROMAN
09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Heh well I too have access to my University's database, but really I'm sure we could both find plenty of articles to support or criticize our positions. Scholars can be bias too. They only real objective journal would most likely just say "inconclusive." Maybe saying deregulation was the cause was a bit much, but I do feel that it was a huge factor.

As for the domino effect, I would think it would be more so now, just because the global economy interconnects everyone so much more. Back then it was still a balance of power deal, which meant your neighboring countries were more competitive than beneficial (as opposed to the later superpower era, were they affect each other more). And WWII got us out cause it involved total mobilization. With the state of modern warfare, I don't think even a WWIII would get us out (unless armageddon is considered a way out).

imotion s14
09-25-2008, 02:50 PM

Stepping in a dumping huge amounts of money for assets that are worthless does NOTHING to help the economy but make the effect last longer then it would if they would allow the debt to be liquidated.

Furthermore the money being "dumped" in huge amounts will be created out of THIN AIR and devalue an already weak dollar. The Great Depression started because the market was readjusting itself. Then the government stepped in and tried to prop it up at all cost and all that did was make it last longer then it SHOULD have lasted.

Regulation is what CAUSED this in the first place. The government interference in regulating the mortgage market by forcing banks to lend to risky borrowers.

Gnnr
09-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Furthermore the money being "dumped" in huge amounts will be created out of THIN AIR and devalue an already weak dollar. The Great Depression started because the market was readjusting itself. Then the government stepped in and tried to prop it up at all cost and all that did was make it last longer then it SHOULD have lasted.

Actually, although I'm not totally sold on the idea of these bailouts, the money is not being pulled out of thin air. They're not printing up money for these people. They're giving them loans on existing money.

BustedS13
09-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Radio is shit.

Everything pertaining to radio is pure unadulterated shit.

If I had a radio show it would just be me telling Rush Limbaugh to drag his ass over to my station an park my balls square in his mouth.

you know what the problem with hollywood is? they make shit. unbelievable, unremarkable shit

deolio
09-26-2008, 03:38 AM
lol. $85,000,000,000 / (apx) 200,000,000 American citizens = $425/person.

yeah... i figured that out after a while... that's why i'm a film major. fuck me, i've been dooped.

but still liquidated aig and pay off some of our debts(to those who are still in our favor) so the poorer ones won't bomb us to get money.