PDA

View Full Version : Talk about being lucking out for a long time!

drift925
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
How am I still alive? Well here’s the story. My girl has a 2003 trailblazer, and her and her brother have
been neglecting the truck for a few months now, and I’ve gotten really annoyed to the point where I just took it upon myself to maintenance it. One of the annoying little things that they ignored was a screeching, brakes, metal scraping on rotor type of sound on the front driver wheel. This sound happened only when the car was in motion and got louder when the car turned to the right. Only ONCE did they decide to quickly inspect the front driver wheel, just checking for a loose brake shield or something simple…….. nothing was out of the ordinary.

Few weeks later, the truck in a serious need of an oil change (there lazy ass’s not taking care of it) I take it upon myself to do it and bill them for the oil (yes my girlfriend owes me money haha, shit aint free!) I’m already working on the car so I say fuck it, that sound got really annoying and finally made me say, I won’t quit until I find out what it is. So I take off the wheel, and stare at the rotor and caliper, look at the entire spindle, tie rods, brake shield, wiggle things here and there, and Im stumped! Wtf is wrong with this thing???? Hmmm so finally I looked behind the rotor and what do I find? Metal shavings everywhere and an exposed bearing! Hmmm I doubt this thing should be exposed…. and whats up with all this shavings?

I compare it with the front pass wheel side and it obviously doesn’t have an exposed bearing, hm ok I think I’m onto something now! Now mind you I can’t see the entire bearing because I’m sticking my head inside the wheel well and tilting to see the back of the spindle. I spin the rotor and start noticing the problem. I take a flat head, stick it between the bearings and what happens? I notice there’s like HALF OF THE BEARINGS MISSING! Holy crap! I grab the rotor again, and sure enough that MF jiggles and moves around like nothing!! Apparently that exposed bearing got some foreign objects in it, and one at a time bearings started getting chewed up and taken out! I’m shocked that for all this time, after driving the car like a mofo thinking there’s NOTHING wrong with it, on the freeway 70mph+ for days!! We’re some lucky sons of *** that the hub didn’t just fall off on the freeway or at any speed over 25mph! And even with the bearing in the condition that it was, never once did we get any wheel shakes or any weird steering problem! Oh yeah, the new oem bearing is $400, yay!

qwikspool
09-24-2008, 11:57 AM
you are very lucky.
thats good you took it upon yourself to check things over.
you are a good man :bigok:

Future240
09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
No pics?

You are a good man, you may have juss saved the life of someone

drift925
09-24-2008, 02:00 PM
So apparently my girls brother's work is gonna open an account at a chevy dealer to get him hooked up on the part. $300 instead of $400msrp! Talk about having cool ass supervisors.

CrimsonRockett
09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
You ass.

I rode in that thing to the dodger game with you.

:rofl:

downshift_sideways
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Yea damn you fool!

You could have killed me when I went down to visit!

I hateyou!!!!

Let's never fight again kk?? <33:D

stiizy
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow hell yeah you lucky to be alive shiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt