PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem

nismo627
09-21-2008, 03:08 PM
First off I am new to these forums so just wanted to say hello to everyone. Second, im having a clutch problem. When I press the clutch pedal to downshift as soon as I put it into gear with the clutch pedal still pressed in, it sounds like the clutch isnt all the way disengaged. There is a rubbing sound and I feel vibrations in the pedal. If anyone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated. Im getting shipped out for the Navy Oct. 30th and wanna get this problem resolved before i go away. O and i checked the fluid, its full but a really dark brown. Thanks Josh.

Otherworldview
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Have you tried bleeding the clutch?

nismo627
09-21-2008, 04:08 PM
no not yet. like i said this just happend today. and before i decide to buy a new clutch when its not needed. i wanted to get some input on what to do. i have been reading and you can adjust the rods on the pedal. so maybe ill try bleeding the clutch first and if that doesnt work then adjust the rods. is there any writeups about the bleeding procedure?

Otherworldview
09-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Same way you'd bleed your brakes.

nismo627
09-21-2008, 04:31 PM
ya i did some research and found some helpful information out. im also gonna do the dampener mod as well because it will also make it much easier and i like a stiff pedal. ill let you no how it goes. thanks

nismo627
09-23-2008, 04:07 PM
well i just got done bleeding my clutch after i did the damper mod. i took it for a test drive. the clutch feels great. no slipping or anything and its stiff just the way a clutch is supposed to feel. however it is still making the rubbing sound. my buddy told me that i will probably need a new clutch soon. however i disagree with him because my clutch has never acted up or slipped once. still goes into gear everytime with no grinding. so if anyone could lead me in the right direction now it would be appreciated. Thanks Josh

*BOB*
09-25-2008, 09:03 PM
What about a T.O. Bearing? If its bad it will make noise when you disengage the clutch.

nismo627
09-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Its makes a grinding noise kind of like a bad brake grinding noise.(not squealing). It sounds like the clutch isnt all the way disengaging. I dont no if that is what a bad throw out bearing sounds like.