PDA

View Full Version : 4 killed in SC plane crash; drummer, DJ injured

Antihero983
09-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Some people may not be fans for Travis Barker, but as a drummer I respect him....

4 killed in SC plane crash; drummer, DJ injured

09/20/2008 10:53 AM, AP
Page Ivey

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina officials say four California residents died in the fiery Learjet crash that also critically injured former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity DJ AM.

The Lexington County coroner said Saturday that pilot Sarah Lemmon of Anaheim Hills and co-pilot James Bland of Carlsbad died. Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.

Authorities say the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane headed for Van Nuys, Calif., went off a runway, through a fence and crashed on a nearby road.

Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

Get well soon!

Koopa Troopa
09-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Damn man, I love Blink and am so excited to hear that he survived.

Sucks for those who lost their lives but to make light of the mishap...

Finally an accident the drummer didn't die in. +1 for percussionists.

niSm095
09-20-2008, 10:47 AM
right down the street from my house. yet another negative blip on the radar for columbia...

Yuri
09-21-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm going to lock this thread as there's already a longer one open on the subject.