PDA

View Full Version : S13 overheating problem

Flicktitty
09-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe Auto.

Car over heated about a week ago, And i brought the car to my buddies place to put a new thermostat in it. Well that DIDN'T solve the problem.
So i put in the a new radiator and dual electric fans that i got for when i do the swap. I wired the fans to the stock harness (to turn on when the stockers do) I also filled it up with 50/50 mix coolant. (NO WATER, the car was runnning mostly water before) Turn the car on and let it run for a while (30min) then it started over heating again! WTF! so i checked for any leaks and i fixed the one hose that had a slight leak. Checked it again and the car was fine. I left the car like that then tonight i was driving it home and noticed it started overheating again.
What do you think the problem is? Coolant temp sensor? Something wrong with when the fan turns on? Headgasket? what?
When i put the heat on full blast the car cools right back down, Then once i turn the heat off it stays fine for a while then slowly starts to climb again.
Any thoughts?
Cliffnotes: OVERHEATING KA24DE, NEW THERMOSTAT,RADIATOR,DUAL E-FANS,NO VISUAL LEAKS,NEW COOLANT OVERFLOW TANK, STILL OVER HEATS.

tommyboi
09-19-2008, 12:39 AM
did you air bleed the coolant system?

Flicktitty
09-19-2008, 01:41 AM
yessur. i've done it a few times for quite a while too, the car seems to run cooler the faster you go 35+MPH

LayNLow
09-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Checked/replaced the waterpump?

Flicktitty
09-19-2008, 09:36 AM
replaced a year ago almost to the day, i'd have a heard time believing it went out already but i'ma look into it.

s13boy89
09-19-2008, 12:35 PM
run no thermo then

Flicktitty
09-19-2008, 03:24 PM
run no thermo then
Just did that, and that helped, so i went and got another new thermo.

cars fixed.