PDA

View Full Version : Kouki Front Bites the Dust

Fries
09-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Collision yesterday. DAILY MUTHER FUCKING DRIVING! Wasnt even drift related. Urgh

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/James118/18sep08002.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/James118/18sep08001.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/James118/18sep08004.jpg

Possibly a JDM front for replacement?

Any advice for getting a quote from Progressive Auto? I would like to possibly do a JDM front, is there a way to have a collision place order that rather than the OEM front bumper?

If I pay the premium can I get the entire car repainted? The pin stripe will not be on the new fender so when the pinstripe is pulled from the entire car there will be a discoloration. [Hence my asking for full paint job]

Thanks for viewing my broken heart.

murda-c
09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Who's fault was it?

Brian
09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
The Japanese bumper IS OEM.

blueshark123
09-18-2008, 03:43 PM
so how it happen but if u want go to the most expensive body shop u know get a quote for the damage have the insurance give u a check to repair it then just find a good paint shop and hopefully u will have enough to do what u want to the car

!Zar!
09-18-2008, 03:49 PM
That's a dumb idea if the crash was his fault; which looks like it by the pics.

That would only increase his premium even more.

I'd say just have them fork out the cash for the other parties car and pay the damages for your car out of pocket.

That's if you have full coverage.

If you have liability, then you have no choice but to do that.

I suggest not talking about the accident and what happened on here until you have settled it with your insurance agent.

Fries
09-18-2008, 03:51 PM
The Japanese bumper IS OEM.

I know that. My post was a little vague. What I meant was; "Is there a way to order the JDM front from Nissan rather than the USDM one"

If I understood correctly, Progressive wont send me the check. They will send the body shop I choose the check.

Brian
09-18-2008, 03:56 PM
So tell the body shop that you want the Japanese bumper.
Just give them the part number or something

Fries
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I do have full coverage. Yes, legally it was my fault. Realistically, yeah probably my fault as well. Taking a right at a red light onto a 3 lane road, no one in my lane so I turned. I guess someone switched lanes as I pulled into my lane and blipped me. So yeah, fail to yield.

It will buff out on their Ford f250. Seriously, I was wiping my marks off their fender, no dents. But of course they'll fuck me and get random things fixed since it's free.

I should just fix it out of pocket? Hmmm, I suppose so. What sort of premium increase will this yield? Any idea?

240esux
09-18-2008, 04:04 PM
it will probably increase your monthly by like $40+

socal_kouki
09-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Get this part from the dealership.

Japanese Front Bumper #62022-80F25

Retainer should be the same. You're lucky you didn't crack that headlight.

This is the turn signal #26120-80F25

If your insurance isn't whack you should be able to conduct your own product search. Wawanesa treats me good and they bought me a new bumper I just had to buy the turns which I'm picking up tomorrow from Romey Rome :D

Credit for part numbers goes to Roman.

Matej
09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Ugh James, you buy another 240 because you don't want to drive the Kouki, and then you crash the Kouki anyway, in traffic?
Ghey!

What's with all the local people destroying Kouki's. I'm pretty sure this is the 5th or 6th local Kouki that used to be immaculate and now isn't. :(

Fries
09-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Bro. If there was rep, I'd rep you so hard god would respect you. <3

Fries
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Ugh James, you buy another 240 because you don't want to drive the Kouki, and then you crash the Kouki anyway, in traffic?
Ghey!!!!

Tell. Me. About. It. That just means I have to wreck the hatch into the wall first event she sees.

Ceepo
09-18-2008, 04:22 PM
insurance wont put jdm parts on, they usually do oem quaility, or a oem aftermarket part... i tryed to get the naven front end for my s14 zenki and they said no go... but i did get all brand new oem, hood bumper, fogs, and fenders :)

Fries
09-18-2008, 04:28 PM
The body shop guy said they have no problem putting on different parts as long as they fit but I would have to buy them. I wonder what they would do with the money that they would be given to buy a new bumper? Hmmm...

UsJdmTUner
09-18-2008, 04:36 PM
i would highly suggest to call your insurance agent.. did you get a police report? reason im saying this because I have a kouki as well and someone backed into me and it was obviously his fault but we agreed on not calling cops.. THATS a big mistake on my part.. Always call for cops to write a police report so you have something backed up unless the other party agrees to call his insurance at the same spot and admit it was his fault or whoevers fault.. in my case, it was his fault.. Luckily day after the accident he called his insurance and im getting all my damage fixed and i got a rental car as well.. He has GEICO ............ and i m trying to work on a deal with my bodyshop guy to get JDM aero.....

Brian
09-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Doesn't really make sense to me.

The body shop is supposed to call up Nissan and get a front bumper for your car.
You COULD just tell them there are 2 different bumper options and to please get "this" one instead.

projectRDM
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
insurance wont put jdm parts on, they usually do oem quaility, or a oem aftermarket part... i tryed to get the naven front end for my s14 zenki and they said no go... but i did get all brand new oem, hood bumper, fogs, and fenders :)

Insurance will do what you tell them, it's your money. A JDM front cover is actually less money over the counter than a US bumper, so they'll gladly buy it instead. Then just buy the signals and sell the old ones.

ZenkiGTS
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
looks like what i did... but a l a tad bit more damage... wasnt all that bad tho...

driven_
09-18-2008, 09:46 PM
ah, it'll buff out.

better than rust

punkrico
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
ouch that sucks

Full-Lock
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
damn dude you got lucky i say. it looks like your hood and headlight are fine. JUST got missed

240esux
09-19-2008, 12:07 AM
its not bad at all! fender, corner light, and bumper. no big deal.:coolugh::snoop:

RPS13-604
09-19-2008, 01:36 AM
its not bad as mine..here take a look at my damage i now need a whole new rad support all the way to the strut towers. I bent the frame on the bpttom and the other side of my fender got bent as well so im looking for basically a half cut of a rolling shell of a 240sx

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn377/RPS13-604/101_0312.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn377/RPS13-604/101_0311.jpg

Fries
09-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Yeah. I definitely agree that it's not bad. I just find it ironic that I buy another 240 to track so that I dont damage the Kouki [yet] and it gets blipped in a fender bender. [Literally]

I'm just seeing what I can get away with by using my insurance.

satal95
09-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Damn That Suxs but I think it can buff out

RPS13-604
09-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Yeah. I definitely agree that it's not bad. I just find it ironic that I buy another 240 to track so that I dont damage the Kouki [yet] and it gets blipped in a fender bender. [Literally]

I'm just seeing what I can get away with by using my insurance.

i wish i had ur damage though haha its costing me fucking $2000 to get fixed and my car was just about to go into the body shop for the widebody and paint now its being delayed due to this shit that happened to me. But i got a half cut that im picking up this saturday then the car wont be worked on until oct!

Fries
09-19-2008, 01:35 PM
I got the estimate check. I noticed its in my name. Can I cash it and do the work myself? [I have body shop experience] this way I could buy what ever I wanted for the car?

Will Progressive come and check the work after I'm done? Will I even have to tell them I'm done?

projectRDM
09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I got the estimate check. I noticed its in my name. Can I cash it and do the work myself? [I have body shop experience] this way I could buy what ever I wanted for the car?

Will Progressive come and check the work after I'm done? Will I even have to tell them I'm done?

Yes, and no. You're entitled to do whatever you want with it, it's your insurance, your money, your car. You can just cash it and never fix the car if you want.

Fries
09-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Cool, That will definitely going to be helpful. Thanks again man! [I never did get to use that 5 speed stuff I bought like a year ago haha]

zugoi
09-19-2008, 02:22 PM
how much did they give you?

Om1kron
09-19-2008, 02:31 PM
shameless request, if anyone is selling the front bumper support bash bar for an s14 in cali pm me lol.

Fries
09-19-2008, 03:36 PM
$1,800. They have more kinda waiting incase of any damage under the hood. [Couldnt pop the hood due to the fender kinda covering it]

The support is a little moved so we'll see about that.

HyperTek
09-19-2008, 04:44 PM
my car was vandalized back in 03 and i had full coverage.. had took the car to a collision center who said the car needed to be stripped and sprayed.. estimate was like around 2gs... had the insurance cut me the check.. crazy.. Its really hard for them to do that because they will usually want to send it to the shop instead.. so come up with a good excuse.. then Buy the parts on your own.. You could piece that together cheap on the forums. Or have them cut u the check, and take it to a shop who can put the jdm bumper on for you and spray it.

I had my aftermarket stereo stolen that same year.. insurance would only pay for one of thier shops to put the original OEM equipment in, and i would have had a $500 deductible.. I know i could have put together a better then OEM system and cost less then $500 so i said nevermind and took the loss.

g6civcx
09-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Yes, and no. You're entitled to do whatever you want with it, it's your insurance, your money, your car. You can just cash it and never fix the car if you want.

This is correct. Most insurers wil want you to go their authorized body shops for OEM work = cheaper for them, but insist on full market value for your damages and go wherever you want.

I = used to be an adjustor for major auto insurance carrier in college

There are so many things wrong in this thread.

onehundredoctane
09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
get the jap front bumper for it, Justin at West Covina can get you one for less than $250 I think

Fries
09-19-2008, 05:01 PM
I took the option of having another body shop do it. They cut me the check. Ironically I can buy the bumper and fender new for cheaper than what they were saying. I would like to buy a used fender though. Would be way cheaper.

get the jap front bumper for it, Justin at West Covina can get you one for less than $250 I think

This is actually where I am looking to get it from. Idk if theyre having a sale for cheaper though. Would be awesomeness!

On that note, anyone selling a left kouki fender?

It sucks that this happened, but it was definitely a learning experience that I'm happy to have dealt with. Thank you guys for giving me some assistance!

Brian
09-19-2008, 05:02 PM
how much did they give you?

koukimonster139
09-19-2008, 05:12 PM
dont hit your car on stuff

who cares tho lol

Fries
09-19-2008, 05:28 PM
$1,800

Bumper -227.00
Turnsignals -80.00
Fender -221.00
Removing trunk holes -?.??
Paint for Fender/Bumper -???.??

Either going into savings or getting some used coilovers.

Brian
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Very nice.
Glad you got a lot

Usually insurance just tries to screw you as hard as they can.

:)

onehundredoctane
09-21-2008, 09:22 AM
here's a link to a guy on here selling a JDM Kouki front bumper and lip! GET IT MOFO!
Kinda expensive, but it'd be worth it http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/214520-vutonys-massive-part-out-part-1-a.html

projectRDM
09-21-2008, 05:54 PM
I had my aftermarket stereo stolen that same year.. insurance would only pay for one of thier shops to put the original OEM equipment in, and i would have had a $500 deductible.. I know i could have put together a better then OEM system and cost less then $500 so i said nevermind and took the loss.

OEM audio equipment is incredibly expensive. The S14 AM/FM/CD deck is about $1600 at the dealer. I doubt they would have followed through after getting the quote.