PDA

View Full Version : Wiring advice

Jersey
09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
What's up guys, I am about to start working on a project of mine. It's a 90 coupe that I bought w/no engine, tranny, or wiring harness. I bought an SR off of eBay with a bunch of goodies, but it comes with no harness (does have an Apex'i FC however). Being that I am installing an engine into a car and have neither harness, would you guys suggest buying an SR harness AND a KA harness, or just trying to rip plugs off a harness in a junk yard, or another option? I've got no experience with the SR, or 240sx for that matter... I'm a prior DSM guy who hasn't touched a car in 2 years due to the military stealing my hobby :-/ Any help is appreciated!

slidewaysmn
09-18-2008, 10:12 AM
I would advise you to buy both harnesses... just make sure you have plugs from both, and you can get factory sr harnesses pretty cheap, as for the ka, look around and make sure it is untouched.

Jersey
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Does it matter what year KA harness I buy?

projectRDM
09-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Does it matter what year KA harness I buy?

Is the car missing just the engine harness? If so, you don't need anything except the SR harness. Repin and splice as needed for both the underhood and dash plugs. If there's further parts missing, the underhood, body, or subharnesses, you'll need those from the correct chassis/year.

Done.