PDA

View Full Version : Went to Detriot Auto Show, Sat in 350Z...

Titan
01-15-2003, 08:42 PM
Well I just got back from the auto show and it was amazing, simply a great experience. Well except for the fact that they wouldn't let you sit in the Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche's, and the NSX.. :mad: But I guess thats understandable.

In any case, the 350Z is absolutely beautiful (I sat in the track edition), pictures truely don't do it justice. And sitting in one just made me drool. The shifter is just perfect, not too short, and not too long. The instrument cluster is as it should be, all pointing towards the driver. The only complaint I have is that the materials used for the interior seem to be quite cheap. The door handles are even plastic, a cheap looking plastic at that. Most notably, the seats already show noticable signs of wear near the hip section. I hope this is only related to the abuse by everyone sitting in it.

Furthermore, the RX-8 also looks gorgeous, yet a 2 door version would be even better. The Tomahawk (Viper engine bike) is actually alot smaller then it seems in the pics, as is the viper itself.

Get this... the NSX, which costs $89,000+ USD actually had a tape player instead of a cd deck!

Oh yes, and one of my favorites, the VW Golf R32. 3.2 liter V6, All Wheel Drive, 240 horse stock N/A, built in Germany.

There were also some funky concepts, and the new mustang actually looks quite good. Too bad it's a porker.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics up of the show soon.

All in all, it was WELL worth it.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and the Lancer EVO was quite nice as well :D

The Ferrari Enzo is pure extasy. Just plain sexy.

Yet I prefer the Lambo Murchelago (sp?)... I regret not bringing a change of underwear.

And you can't forget the Porsche 911 Turbo... *sigh*, that show just made me more focused for university. Soon enough I'll have a 350, soon enough. :D :D

96SEChick
01-15-2003, 08:51 PM
You lucky dog!!!! Glad ya had fun.

KiDyNomiTe
01-15-2003, 09:30 PM
can't wait for the autoshow to come to my town, by any chance was the Audi RS6 there, not even to sure if they are making it this year or not.

You are right about the 350Z, in person it looks a whole lot better, and the seats are really comfortable, fell in love with it when I sat in it, but no track edition :(

thelinja
01-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Sweetness. I'm going this weekend and I can't wait. I went to the International Autoshow here in Indy a few weeks ago. I got to sit in the Z and yes it was bliss. I think I was the only one there who acted like I was driving it, shifting and whatnot. I did get to sit in the new NSX, too bad the fronts on the new ones are ugly as sin, they looked better with the flip headlights. The new accords are pretty nice. It was kinda funny all of the 14-15 years olds were eyeing the "VTEC" oooo ahhhhh. Fuk dax. Anyway, I can't wait for Friday and Saturday. I have a feeling it will be simply astonishing.

Natty
01-16-2003, 10:10 AM
I bet it isn't long before someone comes up with aftermarket parts for the interior. Still, it is quite cheap and I think Nissan could have done better. That cover thing in the middle is odd too.

I was going to the Nashville AutoShow, but god doesn't want me to go. I just got a bunch of snow dumped on us, my car spit up a bunch of brake fluid, and my hood is frozen shut.

Jeff

Jg240
01-17-2003, 05:17 PM
My boss let me drve his 350...and i'm in love

KiDyNomiTe
01-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by thelinja
did get to sit in the new NSX, too bad the fronts on the new ones are ugly as sin, they looked better with the flip headlights.

Flip lights are the ****, I love almost every car with em.

S13s, Corvettes, NSX, Z31, AE86, FC, FD, hmm I forgot the rest, but I know there are more.

I hate Probes though

EDIT: added more

Red89AllStockBiotch
01-19-2003, 01:42 PM
i'm leaving for the auto show in like an hour...
I drove the 350Z, it's nice, but it leaves something to be desired...

Titan
01-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Red89AllStockBiotch
I drove the 350Z, it's nice, but it leaves something to be desired...

Yeah, being able to own it. ;)

BTW, where do you live?

Red89AllStockBiotch
01-19-2003, 11:04 PM
lol, owning yes, and it's just...i donno....any of you guys who have driven a 300ZX will probably be dissapointed in the new 350Z, as i was, this of course does not change the fact that the car is entirely bad ass and owns just about everything except jennifer love hewitt because if i had a choice between those two it would be tough...

i live in beverly hills, michigan, 20 minutes from detroit, but way nicer trust me

Red89AllStockBiotch
01-19-2003, 11:06 PM
side note: if i could, i'd put the VQ in my 240, just cuz i'd be the first...

toddnappi
01-20-2003, 05:15 PM
I wasn't too thrilled with the 350z. The interior was gaudy and plasticy. The front is nice but they should've integrated the headlights and turn signal. The rear is ugly. They need to shave the rear wiper, integrate all the lights, and mold all the body panels together. And then get rid of those terrible door handles.

I liked the M3, G35 coupe, 911s, basically disliked everything else.

tnord
01-20-2003, 05:42 PM
you fools..........it's a friggin 28 thousand dollar car that virtually matches the performance of a boxter S that costs almost double. quit bitching about crap that doesn't really affect performance.

toddnappi
01-20-2003, 06:30 PM
LOL. You'd pay $27k for 280 horse? All I need is about 100 more and I could net a sweet profit on my car...

KiDyNomiTe
01-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by tnord
you fools..........it's a friggin 28 thousand dollar car that virtually matches the performance of a boxter S that costs almost double. quit bitching about crap that doesn't really affect performance.

Lol its cuz we are all in the used car market, and we can match numbers for less than what new cars cost. We are used to seeing prices in the $15K and under range. So $28K seems like really expensive. If I was grown I would love to own a 350Z, but with the similarites of the G35 Coupe and 350Z I would rather own the G35.

Basically what I am saying is, most of us are cheap and picky, that combination doesn't really mix well, but we aren't millionaires.

tnord
01-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by toddnappi
LOL. You'd pay $27k for 280 horse? All I need is about 100 more and I could net a sweet profit on my car...

once again........YOU FOOL. you're comparing a new car to a used one. how about we compare my car when it was new to the 350Z new eh? that's a bit more fair.

350Z - 287hp, 0-60 in 5.4 is it? 28k
240SX - 155hp, 0-60 in 7.5 is it? 27k

gee.....the 350Z is a cheap piece of crap. :rolleyes:

Red89AllStockBiotch
01-20-2003, 09:55 PM

isn't the boxtser S like 7 second 0-60?

SlowEXd
01-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Just got back from Detroit Auto show. Standouts for me...
G35C
350Z
EVO VIII (dislike the front bumper, and tail lights)
WRX STI
Suzuki's Hyabusa roadster is pimp too.
I'm thinking test drives in all of them (when available on some models)

Really like the WRX wagon. Needs the extra ponies the Sti is gonna have though.
Audi's RS6 was there too, that is a nice ride.

All my pics here. FTP only for now web soon (maybe)
FTP://sr20det.no-ip.com/cars/Images/NAIAS_2003

That link should work, but I can't ping myself so let me know if it doesn't.

KiDyNomiTe
01-21-2003, 06:10 AM
Won't work if I click on it, tried it in SmartFTP

This is th result:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

But I do see the folders.

Hope you took pics of the RS6:D

SlowEXd
01-21-2003, 07:09 AM
Try this

http://sr20det.no-ip.com/NAIAS.htm

toddnappi
01-21-2003, 12:35 PM

I would think that whether the car is new or used would fall under the category "crap that doesn't really affect performance." That's why people still race old muscle cars, 80s grand nationals, etc.

Dinkage
01-21-2003, 05:54 PM
yeah i missed it this year cause I was on a friggin cruise. (well, I guess i shouldn't complain too much....)

If anyone visited the GM, Chevy and Ford areas, I hope you liked some of the presentation videos that they were showing, my company (an advertising/graphics post-house) created those! So not only did I miss the sweet cars, but I didn't get too see all my hard work.

96SEChick
01-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by SlowEXd
Try this

http://sr20det.no-ip.com/NAIAS.htm

OMG that's a lot of pics. Great job, though!!! Thank you for sharing w/ us!! :)

KiDyNomiTe
01-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Dinkage
yeah i missed it this year cause I was on a friggin cruise. (well, I guess i shouldn't complain too much....)

If anyone visited the GM, Chevy and Ford areas, I hope you liked some of the presentation videos that they were showing, my company (an advertising/graphics post-house) created those! So not only did I miss the sweet cars, but I didn't get too see all my hard work.

you should come out to the chicago auto show then.

Will they be showing the same vids?

Red89AllStockBiotch
01-21-2003, 07:47 PM
gee.....the 350Z is a cheap piece of crap. :rolleyes:

hahahahahaha........OWNED!!!

Dinkage
01-22-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
you should come out to the chicago auto show then.

Will they be showing the same vids?

I'm not sure if they will be, i think its different for every state.
when is it in chicago?

JDM180SX
01-22-2003, 11:45 AM
I think it is different for every state but i think chicago will get the good stuff. I'm looking forward to sitting in the 350Z. my local dealer wont let me cuz he knows me too well...damn! could be worse though...could be motorex and have to put money down to test drive the car. I dont think that the price for the Z is that bad either compared to the prices of some of our cars when they were new.