PDA

View Full Version : See I Told You..

LeftNutOfGowd
09-15-2008, 08:00 AM
So you guys thought I was crazy and to quote mrmephistopheles (http://zilvia.net/f/members/mrmephistopheles.html) from my last post..

None of this fearmongering crap.

It doesn't take a hurricane for gas prices to go up.

I guess it does take a hurricane to raise prices yahoo just released this article

Ike skews gas; some stations ask $5 a gallon

Ike skews gas; some stations ask $5 a gallon - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ike_energy)

Here is my last post that got closed because people thought it wasn't going to happen. I might have gotta the time wrong but its still gonna jump up pretty high so keep a eye out and see if this happens in your area.

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/213253-fellow-zilvia-memeber-hear-warning.html

stiizy
09-15-2008, 08:02 AM
I think it only went up lie 8-12 cents in NJ...........

IDK i haven't bought gas since May.......

hahaha..........

Phlip
09-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Man, it was fucking RETARDED down here.
I fill up every Friday morning, and this past was no different, I did so at a still-at-the-time normal (but wholly fucking ridiculous just the same) $3.61/gallon...
My sister sent me a text and called me on my desk phone an hour later, having filled up in the SAME station only seconds before it went to $3.99/gallon. As the day progressed, places got STUPID, $4.49 for 87 octane at fucking KMART?!!?
NC Governor and president Bush, both lame ducks who honestly have given not a fuck both issued statements about price gouging, but neither will do a FUCKING thing, nor will anyone else, ever... The same shit will happen EVERY time a hurricane ventures toward the Gulf of Mexico and it is fucking ridiculous. I am glad that I will not need gas until things should have normalized again.

stiizy
09-15-2008, 08:22 AM
^^ They said it should be back to normal by the end of the week if not next.......

LeftNutOfGowd
09-15-2008, 08:25 AM
I fill up every Friday morning, and this past was no different, I did so at a still-at-the-time normal (but wholly fucking ridiculous just the same) $3.61/gallon...
My sister sent me a text and called me on my desk phone an hour later, having filled up in the SAME station only seconds before it went to $3.99/gallon. As the day progressed, places got STUPID, $4.49 for 87 octane at fucking KMART?!!?
NC Governor and president Bush, both lame ducks who honestly have given not a fuck both issued statements about price gouging, but neither will do a FUCKING thing, nor will anyone else, ever... The same shit will happen EVERY time a hurricane ventures toward the Gulf of Mexico and it is fucking ridiculous. I am glad that I will not need gas until things should have normalized again.

WTF that's insane i need to put some gas in my tank I'm almost on E so i hope its not back up to 4 bucks a gallon

Phlip
09-15-2008, 08:26 AM
^^ They said it should be back to normal by the end of the week if not next.......
Some of the stations are back out of that 4.49 stupidity now, but I will put off getting gas as long as humanly possibly.

TheWolf
09-15-2008, 08:27 AM
3.89 in north florida.. moved from 3.65

Future240
09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Yea I was wonder my he closed that thread. My gf talked to one of the gas station owners who warned her it was about to go up. People were filling up like crazy

stiizy
09-15-2008, 08:32 AM
It was 3.37 for regular and went to 3.49 the highest i saw it go....

exitspeed
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM

Whoa whoa whoa...K Mart has gasoline? WTF?! That is retarded.

LeftNutOfGowd
09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
^^ So does Castco

aziankingz
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
of course a hurricane will effect gas prices negatively.. good thing jersey wasnt really effected by it.. got gas for 3.49 a gallon on saturday..

Antihero983
09-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Shit's gheyer than a room full of George Michael impersonators.....

stiizy
09-15-2008, 08:49 AM
of course a hurricane will effect gas prices negatively.. good thing jersey wasnt really effected by it.. got gas for 3.49 a gallon on saturday..

That's the highest it got..

aziankingz
09-15-2008, 08:53 AM
That's the highest it got..

damn that is expensive in jersey? how much is gas usually? in brooklyn its about 3.75 for 87

stiizy
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
it was down to about 3.35 some areas on 1&9 were like 3.27 or something like that...

BustedS13
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
friday night, everybody lost their minds and went out to get gas. which sucked, because i needed to fill up anyway. the first place i went to was out of 87. so me and a buddy just drove around for an hour or so going to different gas stations, yelling "the gas truck isn't coming" and "we didn't listen" and so on.

Future240
09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
it is up to 4.19 up from 3.69 here

Antihero983
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Fuck, gas went from 3.54 to 3.69 up here just today.

WangonwWarrior
09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
I paid $5.29 a gallon for premium on friday. Filled up the camaro and s14 cost $138.00

LeftNutOfGowd
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
FUCK THAT SHIT LOL 138 bucks damn

Ben G
09-15-2008, 10:41 AM
you could always head a few blocks down with a hose and a gas can...

Ben G
09-15-2008, 10:42 AM
I paid $5.29 a gallon for premium on friday. Filled up the camaro and s14 cost $138.00

holy shit where the hell do you live

The ROMAN
09-15-2008, 11:24 AM
In NJ my aunt was calling yesterday, saying how gas was $5 in Woodbridge or something, and that I should run out and get gas RIGHT AWAY!! So I did and the price hasn't changed, except that it cost me more cause I filled up on a card instead of paying less with cash. I'm gonna sue my aunt.

I think if it did jump up to $5 in a day here people would start trashing gas stations, or at least they ought to.:madfawk:

civilized_drifter
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
where i live in tn the gas stations are running out of gas.
the prices range from 3.99-4.20 for 87

stiizy
09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
In NJ my aunt was calling yesterday, saying how gas was $5 in Woodbridge or something, and that I should run out and get gas RIGHT AWAY!! So I did and the price hasn't changed, except that it cost me more cause I filled up on a card instead of paying less with cash. I'm gonna sue my aunt.

I think if it did jump up to $5 in a day here people would start trashing gas stations, or at least they ought to.:madfawk:

Hell yeah they'd start blowing them shits up over here......:tardrim:

mrmephistopheles
09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
What I was getting at is this - the gas prices are being raised artificially because of increased demand and a perceived threat to the supply security.

Luckily, I didn't see anything of the sort out here in CA (*knocks on wood*), but Phil told me about it happening out there. My point is this - if there were increased costs that justified the increased prices, it would occur AFTER the hurricane hit and caused damage.
Any excessive price increase beforehand is gouging, nothing less.

In times like that, when you know the artificially high price will lower soon, don't buy gas.

!Zar!
09-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Gas station down the street wants 5.45 for 91.

I think they've gone up since then...

ZenkiGTS
09-15-2008, 01:14 PM
it did not budge here in norcal still steady at 3.79 for 87

Future240
09-15-2008, 01:45 PM
What I was getting at is this - the gas prices are being raised artificially because of increased demand and a perceived threat to the supply security.

Luckily, I didn't see anything of the sort out here in CA (*knocks on wood*), but Phil told me about it happening out there. My point is this - if there were increased costs that justified the increased prices, it would occur AFTER the hurricane hit and caused damage.

In times like that, when you know the artificially high price will lower soon, don't buy gas.

I thought price gouging was illegal.

SR240DET
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM

you mean back to like 1.50 a gallon like when i first started driving?

stiizy
09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah i wish......

No the amount that we were paying before Ike and gas decreasing as it was.....

aziankingz
09-15-2008, 02:43 PM
99 cents per gallon... i miss those days..

stiizy
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Hell yea i remeber when gas hit like 1.61 i was mad as hell in like 2001 haha

Phlip
09-15-2008, 02:57 PM
It is only illegal if anyone fucking does anything about it, which they will not.

Fuuuuuck, I remember bitching when it went over 90cent a gallon.

stiizy
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
that was back in the wooden wheel days right Phlip hahaha :keke:

Future240
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
America went crazy when gas went up to 2.00 now we would all go punch the first baby we saw to get it back down to 2.35

stiizy
09-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Whats up with you harming Babies???

Kinda scary dude :ugh:

i aint bringing my God-Daughter around you :rofl:

Future240
09-15-2008, 03:52 PM
^eh their okay after the first hit, juss go right to sleep

No people I dont really punch babies, that would be sick and twisted.

stiizy
09-15-2008, 03:53 PM
hahah i know dude just fucking with ya...

Imagine members start calling child services to watch you hahaha....

Future240
09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Let them come. i'll have a surprise for them all http://themeccalounge.forumup.com/images/smiles/rk01_sm230.gif

DALAZ_68
09-15-2008, 05:22 PM
thank goodness for the company CC FTMFW

havent spent money at the pump in 3weeks, probably wont for another 2-3 :wiggle:

i love my job :boink:

sephiroth99
09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
here in montreal gaz was around $1.32 CAD/liter ($4.68 USD per US gallon) but since the "threat" from Ike, it went up to 1.49 (5.29) . 87 octane, I dont know about premium...

SexPanda
09-15-2008, 08:17 PM
i dont really know how much gas is...

But I havent filled up since last wednesday... My car has good MPG lol.

sillydrift
09-15-2008, 09:50 PM
well here by my house gas is FINALLY under 4 bucks. 3.99 for 91 and 3.85 for 89. I love my cars MPG I can go a week and a half on one tank :)

Gnnr
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM

I was arguing that with someone the other day! A lot of it has to do with the Gas Futures trading. In anticipation of something bad happening the prices went up before the storm hit. WTF.

When Katrina hit I don't remember prices rising before the storm, only after.

It is, but I believe its stricter on a retailer level. If the gas stations are getting it at a high price, they have no choice to sell it higher.

stiizy
09-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Gas is still 3.49 here but i saw a station with gas for 3.42 so i think it's even going down again in Jersey....

LeftNutOfGowd
09-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Fuck no i went to put gas yesterday it was up to 4.18 for 87 i was like WTF. So i drove to another gas station and shit was only 3 cents cheaper

mrmephistopheles
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM

It is. It comes down to people reporting it and it being proven though.

I paid 79 cents once. :naw:

Phlip
09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I was arguing that with someone the other day! A lot of it has to do with the Gas Futures trading. In anticipation of something bad happening the prices went up before the storm hit. WTF.

When Katrina hit I don't remember prices rising before the storm, only after.

It is, but I believe its stricter on a retailer level. If the gas stations are getting it at a high price, they have no choice to sell it higher.
Yes, but one must also stop to think, with Katrina, something bad DID happen and people were actually short as a result, which reactively drove the prices up... Since then, EVERY time something similar MIGHT happen, fearmongering causes people to panic, even while there was not yet an issue, and the station operators responded by jacking up the prices the fuck up... Shit, that KMart is STILL $4.49 for 87, while most other places have come down some...
This price gouging is supposed to be illegal, but I have said it time and again, no one will do shit about it. It is one thing if it is next week (well, this week now, as it were), and the prices, as a result of the storm were driven up, but these people jacked the prices up ONLY because people panicked.

smellslikecurry
09-16-2008, 09:54 AM
work = 60 mile round trip
school = 40 mile round trip
wifey = 60 mile round trip

i get 17 mpg...20 if im lucky

shit sucks!

Phlip
09-16-2008, 09:57 AM
work = 60 mile round trip
school = 40 mile round trip
wifey = 60 mile round trip

i get 17 mpg...20 if im lucky

shit sucks!
I bet that FJ seems like a GREAT idea now, huh

Gnnr
09-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Thats the point I'm trying to make. Its the Gas Futures buyers and traders that drove the prices up. Not the companies or the gas station retailers. There aren't any laws against price gouging traders that I'm aware of.

In FL they take price gouging before and after a storm (thats hitting FL) very serious. The minute we're put under a tropical storm watch the price gouging hotline is displayed on all the news stations and staffed for reporting. The state of FL pretty much has the emergency shit on lock (unlike LA and TX).

Price gouging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging)

jackjack
09-16-2008, 11:49 AM
premium is usually around $4.49 around here

regular actually went down to 3.99 for about a week (like omgomgomg), its usually around $4.19

chicago prices SUCK......... hard

i'm rocking the motorcycle as much as possible. i REALLY need to get rid of my pontiac as a DD (v6 bleh)

C. Senor
09-16-2008, 11:55 AM

when it was like 4.89 that's what it took to fill up my truck. try that once a week for one car. shit sucked. i need gas too. damn it. i hope it didnt go up. it was 3.67 by me, and that was a dream come true. :keke:

kandyflip445
09-16-2008, 12:11 PM

I wouldn't buy gas if I hadn't of run out when this shit started. :-/

Future240
09-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes, but one must also stop to think, with Katrina, something bad DID happen and people were actually short as a result, which reactively drove the prices up... Since then, EVERY time something similar MIGHT happen, fearmongering causes people to panic, even while there was not yet an issue, and the station operators responded by jacking up the prices the fuck up... Shit, that KMart is STILL $4.49 for 87, while most other places have come down some...
This price gouging is supposed to be illegal, but I have said it time and again, no one will do shit about it. It is one thing if it is next week (well, this week now, as it were), and the prices, as a result of the storm were driven up, but these people jacked the prices up ONLY because people panicked.

I'm still trippin K-mart has gas.

It is good that the refineries havent been blown down. Otherwise we'd probably be looking at gas that is 5.15 for 87

deolio
09-16-2008, 10:27 PM
there was actually an attack at a gas refinery in nigeria yesterday. all of the factories shut down because of "terrorist" threats. nigeria is america's 4th largest supplier. yay for rising gas prices again!

Z_Spool
09-16-2008, 10:37 PM
*shrug* Just put gas in the wife's NA @ $3.61/gal. (Same price it was a few days ago)

Mangudai
09-17-2008, 10:18 PM
You guys do know many gas stations are currently being investigated for price gouging right?

ayuaddict
09-18-2008, 02:12 AM
zero.

the cheapest i can find around here is 3.75.

but its been pretty consistent.