PDA

View Full Version : Driving to Florida... From Canada...

atutt
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
So in the coming weeks. Either next weekend or the following weekend. I'll be drving to Florida helping a friend move.

I'm not sure of the city in Florida she is moving to. I'll post that when I find out.

I would just like to know if there are some poeple who wouldn't meetin up with a canuck for a few hours, or if there are any nice events, or anything I can do while I'm down there.

I've never been to any of the southern states.
I've only ever been to Alaska...

stiizy
09-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Are you coming through Jersey???

Well if you are on the 21st we got greatest battle ever....

Evo vs Wrx day at E-town.....

shmiddy
09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
^^^ WORD!!! im so gonna be their! shits gonna be sick

well i drove from new york from florida and its not that bad... how far up in canada are you?

atutt
09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
The g/f and I will most likely hit up Jersey on the way back since her dad lives Maryland... I think that's what it's called...

I live in a little town called Barrie. It's an hour north of Toronto. I live about 3-6 hours from the border depending on how gay traffic is.

stiizy
09-11-2008, 11:07 AM
^^^ WORD!!! im so gonna be their! shits gonna be sick

well i drove from new york from florida and its not that bad... how far up in canada are you?

I wish my car was going with me.:-/:-/:-/

She still broken:-/:-/

shmiddy
09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
well i tell you what, u have a drive ahead of you man.. load up on red bull and newport cigaretts lol

boro otaku
09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes, if you are coming through my area.

iwishiwas-all*
09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
bring me loonies and toonies
and all that other canadian shit
yup
well you could be a good contact, ive been trying to figure out how to get a rhd car over here through canada. I am in miami though, and the scene in fla sucks so stick to the other states. fla fails.

atutt
09-11-2008, 11:14 AM
well i tell you what, u have a drive ahead of you man.. load up on red bull and newport cigaretts lol

lol, I'll load up on the red bull that's for sure.. Cigs... Not so much, lol

Yes, if you are coming through my area.

What is your area?
IT just says "east" in your location, lol

Man...
I wish I could bring my S14 though...
I'll probably borrow her FC though..

iwishiwas-all* (http://zilvia.net/f/members/iwishiwas-all-.html)
I can't see it being hard to do that. It should be kind of easy actually...

And I'll bring you a loon and toon... In exchange for a Florida shot glass... :D

SoSideways
09-11-2008, 11:27 AM
My parents and I, and for the last few years, my now wife also, have driven up to Toronto from Florida to visit my grand parents in the Odyssey, and drive back.

It's not too bad a drive, especially if you can split it into 2 days, but if you must do it in 1 day, you'll probably get close to like S. Carolina or something by the time you start to get really really tired.

Then again, we were kinda slow because we could only go like 5 to 10 MPH over the speed limit, cause I don't want to get a ticket.

altalti
09-11-2008, 01:09 PM
That is one hell of a trip. Should be fun though just don't do it all in one day take in the scenery.

sub9lulu
09-11-2008, 01:53 PM
did a road trip a while back
Start @ FL, thru TN, WV, OH, Canada --> NJ, DC, NC, SC, GA, FL
i might missed a state here and there, but the drive was pretty fun and i had 2 weeks to do it, some places are beautiful
i like canada WAY better than FL btw
make sure u bring ALOT of cd's radio stations SUCKS around here compare to CANADA

ALTRNTV
09-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Just go through Cali, don't bother with the "other"
states of America.

:keke:

stiizy
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Just go through NYC, don't bother with "Cali"

:keke:

Fixed that for you Bro.....:keke::keke::keke::bigok:

flip3d
09-11-2008, 02:36 PM
did a road trip a while back
Start @ FL, thru TN, WV, OH, Canada --> NJ, DC, NC, SC, GA, FL
i might missed a state here and there, but the drive was pretty fun and i had 2 weeks to do it, some places are beautiful
i like canada WAY better than FL btw
make sure u bring ALOT of cd's radio stations SUCKS around here compare to CANADA

All the good ones are gone.

South Florida
Party 93.1
94.9 Zeta

Central Florida
O-rock 105.9

exitspeed
09-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I've driven from WI to Fl. Fun drive if you can take your time and have a decent car.

Gnnr
09-11-2008, 06:28 PM
All the good ones are gone.

South Florida
Party 93.1
94.9 Zeta

Central Florida
O-rock 105.9

You haven't been down here in a while huh. :) 93Rock is on 93.1 and 94.9 is a spanish station now.

LongGrain
09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
are you coming down through WI?

flip3d
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
You haven't been down here in a while huh. :) 93Rock is on 93.1 and 94.9 is a spanish station now.

I know what they are now. I was saying that the good ones are gone.

I just moved from FL a couple months ago.

Gnnr
09-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh, I see. lol. Zeta sucked. 93.1 is way better. Their morning show moved to 105.9 and their syndicated on The Gator further up north, which was the only good thing they had going.

ScottMan
09-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I've never been to any of the southern states.

Just so you know...don't hold the rest of the "southern states" against Florida...or...vice versa. Haha.

Florida is a unique place. Part of it is very redneck (which can be good and bad), part is very hip and modern, part is all retirees, and part is really sleezy. It's pretty odd, but a pretty cool state IMO.

I just didn't want you to think Florida is going to be a bunch of gun-toting rednecks. That's GA and AL. :D

SleepR 240sx
09-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Motorsports Nationals in Atlanta next weekend. Hit me up if your going to be in the area...pm for details

Flicktitty
09-11-2008, 10:56 PM
well, I don't have many pointers. Just BE ALERT and be safe. And have fun. Make sure you take alot of pics of your voyage.

TheWolf
09-12-2008, 06:31 AM
here's a tip for canadians... if you're going to drive in the fast lane... go atleast 10mph over the limit and pass... it's not time to relax.. consult your non english speaking wife about why the gas station owner kicked you out because you tried to haggle the price on a pack of gum.. by the time you get to ft. lauderdale that should be 20mph over the speed limit... further south.. the faster you go.. has to do with the earths curviture.. this applies any time... day, night, middle of a huge ass thunderstorm, hurricane..wild fire... your dirt/salt encrusted car gives you away from half a mile.. lets us know you left snow and have never driven in a real thunderstorm.. if you're getting passed on the right then atleast 2 people have considered ending your life because you are a moving chicane.. god I hate canadians.. they drive like old people screw.. this also goes for minnesota. you also talk funny and can't drive... I <3 Northern Folk