PDA

View Full Version : EGR and canister control solenoid valve

fatlizzard
09-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly where the EGR and canister control solenoid valve is located on a 94-95 240sx ka24de?
can it be found and replaced with the intake manifold on the car ?
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

projectRDM
09-11-2008, 09:33 AM
The EGRC-BPT solenoid sits behind the manifold, below the EGR valve. Plug is right by the number 4 injector.

There is no canister control solenoid on 95 and older cars.

g6civcx
09-11-2008, 09:42 AM
There is no canister control solenoid on 95 and older cars.

I'm a little confused. I looked at a single cam canister and a twin cam S13 canister.

Can you explain how the charcoal canister with the built-in purge control valve works?

I read the FSM but it's no help.

projectRDM
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm a little confused. I looked at a single cam canister and a twin cam S13 canister.

Can you explain how the charcoal canister with the built-in purge control valve works?

I read the FSM but it's no help.

It's controlled via engine vacuum. The purge valve basically works at all times but varies the flow rate based on engine load. Whereas on 96+ cars with the EVAP system there's an actual solenoid.

g6civcx
09-11-2008, 09:52 AM
It's controlled via engine vacuum. The purge valve basically works at all times but varies the flow rate based on engine load. Whereas on 96+ cars with the EVAP system there's an actual solenoid.

Both single cam and twin cam S13 FSMs also list a canister control solenoid valve. According to the FSM, the ECU can turn off vacuum going to the charcoal canister.

Otherwise as manifold vacuum increases, the purge valve opens and lets gas fume be sucked into the intake tract.