PDA

View Full Version : Wideband questions

chituntang
09-10-2008, 12:49 PM
OK. I have the sr in the s14 for about a year now and looking to install a wideband sensor into the car, but I do have a few questions.

I often see the wideband kit has the sensor, controller, and gauge display. Can you just skip the controller part and just have the sensor and gauge? The other question is where is the best place for the sensor? Is there a big difference if I install the sensor at the mid-end of the downpipe v. the beginning of the test pipe?

Thank you
Jesse

steve shadows
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Depends on what unit it is exactly?

Innovate you need to hide the unit box if it's the LM1...

slider2828
09-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Having a wideband is pretty useless unless you can log your wideband readings for tuning. Otherwise just bring it to someone to tune it correctly. There is a certain area length which I think was like after 6 inches away from the exhaust manifold itself, but usually before the cat or test pipe. So with that said, the best place is probably after the last bend of the downpipe between the flange of hte downpipe is a good idea. I don't know what you mean by controller...

chituntang
09-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Having a wideband is pretty useless unless you can log your wideband readings for tuning. Otherwise just bring it to someone to tune it correctly. There is a certain area length which I think was like after 6 inches away from the exhaust manifold itself, but usually before the cat or test pipe. So with that said, the best place is probably after the last bend of the downpipe between the flange of hte downpipe is a good idea. I don't know what you mean by controller...

I am talking about the ones like the LC-1 (looking to buy this one). You will get the sensor and the controller (or whatever you call the thing) and optional gauge for readout (there are two connections on the LC-1 "controller." One for gauge, the other for logging).

So in your opinion, if you are getting the LC-1 kit, you will not get the gauge, only hook up to the laptop for tuning purpose?

Also, does anybody know how does/well the logging program from the LC-1 kit
works?

Thanks for the helps

steve shadows
09-10-2008, 03:35 PM
These would be really easily answered by Innovate themselevs if you gave them a call. there tech team is super cool and easy to deal with. :bow:

g6civcx
09-10-2008, 05:02 PM
These would be really easily answered by Innovate themselevs if you gave them a call. there tech team is super cool and easy to deal with. :bow:

I second that emotion.

chituntang
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM

It's like going to a Car dealer and ask them which car you sell here sucks. I would rather ask people that have actually used it already. I know this makes me sounds like an asshole, but it is somewhat true.

slider2828
09-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I have an LM-1 for the last 3 years now and it works very well. The LC-1 is just sorta a dumb down version of the LM-1 with all the main features intact. If you going to spend that sorta money, just save up and buy an LM-2. It can log EVERYTHING which is more useful by itself, but if your plans are to get a standalone, then it is a good component. If you get a piggyback, then get the LM-2. Reason I say its a good component for standalones is because the logging on the other systems cause be read into the log. In general other than the Emanage Ultimate, the other piggybacks have pretty much 0 logging feature. Hope this answers your question.