PDA

View Full Version : Shaving. Which Razor?

rainier
09-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Well just making this thread to see what Razor you guys use.
i need to shave daily, sometimes twice a day to get a clean looking face. no peach fuzz or shaving once a week here.

Blades are fucking expensive so what do you guys prefer to use?

I'm becoming cheaper and cheaper now a days and started buying those cheap disposable ones from target in the 10 pack with 3 blades in each shaver. Where do you guys buy yours?

and can i buy these in bulk for cheap anywhere since i know i'd be shaving forever?

BustedS13
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
mach 3. put some mineral oil in a mug. keep the blade in the mineral oil. blades will last a lot longer. like a muhfuckin' samurai sword.

mach 3 is the pinnacle of shaving

sillyvia13
09-09-2008, 11:29 PM
beard FTW!
shaving for pussies.. lol NOT KIDDIN! shave the pussy.,

LongGrain
09-09-2008, 11:32 PM
when i turned 18 gillet mailed me a sweet FUSION shaving pack. the one with 5 blades.

i still have it, just buy replacement blades every once in a while.

but i dont have to shave that often, i can go like 2 weeks without and you wont be able to notice unless your pretty close to me.

blonde facial peach fuzz for the win.

but i shave every 2 days or so because it bothers me.

Johnson_ZXTT
09-09-2008, 11:33 PM
mach 3. put some mineral oil in a mug. keep the blade in the mineral oil. blades will last a lot longer. like a muhfuckin' samurai sword.

mach 3 is the pinnacle of shaving

Couldn't have said it better myself... I've tried many other razors, the 4 and 5 blade ones, but nothing does the job like my Mach 3.

2iv0 sx
09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
when i turned 18 gillet mailed me a sweet FUSION shaving pack. the one with 5 blades.
haha me to but got lazy to get new blades..

I use Gillette disposables with gel strips 2 or 3 blades (forgot) from Costco

I go through like 2-3 sticks a week.

I hate shaving! takes up so much time imo.. thinking about getting an electric one

HyperTek
09-09-2008, 11:36 PM
i dislike the Schick Quattro, blades not as sharp imo as the mach3.. so it tends to pull on hair. fusion is ok, but the original mach 3 is probably the best... not the turbo or any of the newer ones..

since i dont have a job right now, some disposible walmart ones are good, you get alot for cheap and they got like 3 blades in em. Speed 3

BustedS13
09-09-2008, 11:37 PM

they sent me that too for some reason, but i was like 22 at the time... they sent me a mach 3 turbo when i was 18.. pretty great marketing.

the five is just too much. it gets clogged very easily. and then it has an extra blade on the back just to drive the price up further. i'm pretty confident the only reason the Fusion exists is to make the mach 3 look more affordable.

oh, and the Turbo blades are a waste, just get the regular ones. the only difference is the turbo ones have a little lube strip or something. it wears out after like two shaves.

P_856
09-09-2008, 11:41 PM
i cant remember the last time i bought a razor i usually get mines free online from websites like fatwallet they company gives them out every once in a while i guess they make money when u need to buy a replacement head i like the Schick Quattro tho

BustedS13
09-09-2008, 11:46 PM
honestly, i don't have to be clean shaven for my job, so i usually just hit my face with a Wahl clipper. another good investment

DreamN
09-09-2008, 11:48 PM
mach 3 turbo with original blades FTW.

shishcabobers
09-09-2008, 11:49 PM
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A4242/42420/300_42420.jpg Mach 17 closest shave ever!

this is how i look after the shave

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Face_anatomy_superficial.jpg

but seriously gilette fusion, and nothing beats the smoothness of shaving in the shower:keke:

BustedS13
09-09-2008, 11:50 PM
mach 3 turbo with original blades FTW.

do you just like the gunmetal handle >.<

every once in a while i like using the m3 power handle, but i'm not sure why. it doesn't seem to do any better of a job

edit: fuck it, just get a Spishak Mach 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7TMlrDXtw

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4F7TMlrDXtw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4F7TMlrDXtw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atom
09-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Mach 3 turbo. I get the cartridges from costco. Cheap and good.

If you really wanna save money I guess you could learn to use a straight razor.

DreamN
09-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Busted, yup, I just like the overall look of the turbo handle. I considered the other new blades that have come out, but I felt no real reason to try them out considering what I have now works perfect.

rainier
09-10-2008, 12:01 AM
i havent tried the mineral oil trick yet, but might be worth trying.

i get a couple mach 3s for free every semester from school. they have a bin of them in the bookstore at my school. you can take a few when you buy books.

so i have a shitload of sticks from them, just no more blades lol.

mach 3 ftw!

but cheapo blades ftw too since theyre cheap, do the job, but dont last for shit.

as for the straight razor, i hate shaving with it, i own one myself thinking i could line myself up really good with it and ended up cutting myself(not too bad) so i stopped using it. gives a clean ass shave though

BustedS13
09-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Busted, yup, I just like the overall look of the turbo handle. I considered the other new blades that have come out, but I felt no real reason to try them out considering what I have now works perfect.

i'm really confident the only reason the fusion exists is to get more people to consider the mach 3. it's perfection.

cliffs

blade:
-a lot of us like the mach 3
-some of us like the fusion
-nobody likes the quattro

how to save money:
-buy bulk packs at sams or costco
-keep the blade in mineral oil, and you'll have to replace it much less frequently

shishcabobers
09-10-2008, 12:05 AM
edit: fuck it, just get a Spishak Mach 20

I have to disagree with you on this, how bout the Gilette 3000

GjEKt5Izwbo

YoungGun
09-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Disposable FTW. Use lots of shaving cream LAWL.

BustedS13
09-10-2008, 12:08 AM
I have to disagree with you on this, how bout the Gilette 3000

GjEKt5Izwbo

okay, how the FUCK did you embed that

I'M SERIOUSLY.

shishcabobers
09-10-2008, 12:10 AM
off topic.... http://zilvia.net/f/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode

HalveBlue
09-10-2008, 01:03 AM
I use a Mach 3. Works good enough.

For a clean shave I've heard gel works better than foam. Also be sure to to heat up your skin with warm water before shaving. Use cold water after your done.

If you want a perfect shave, go to an old school barber. Straight blade FTW!

MudRacer
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Mach 3 FTW!
Works better than the 5 blade fusion, the quattro. Ive tried them all. Mach 3 also helps you to shape your beard or pencil lines.

Straight blade looks/sounds scary I have no experience with that.

cisco240
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Mach3 and an electric razor when I don't have enough time to shave. Tried other mutli-blade razors and like Mach3 the best.

SW20Racer
09-10-2008, 10:28 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/203558-glorious-fucking-beard-thread.html

ive ben growing for like 3 weeks now. will have picture up when its actually glorious and not just awesome

w0nderbr3ad
09-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Straight razor ftw!!! But if i wanted a quick shave I use the mach3.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
all natural. I don't shave, I trim

s13silady
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
i transitioned over to electric. and am never going back to regular razor again..

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
I take that back....I shave my balls with a mach 3. :D true story

driftphenom
09-10-2008, 10:38 AM
mach 3 free when i was 18, 7 years ago, still have it. just buy new blades. electric razors lick sack. they just rip the hair out and make me cry. i have yet to find one that satisfies me. but i have really sensitive skin. im a ginger kid.

BustedS13
09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
mach 3 free when i was 18, 7 years ago, still have it. just buy new blades. electric razors lick sack. they just rip the hair out and make me cry. i have yet to find one that satisfies me. but i have really sensitive skin. im a ginger kid.

you're either using really bad razors or you need to oil/clean what you have.. an electric razor won't pull unless it's clogged/running dry/just really dull

twistedsymphony
09-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Mach 3 Turbo... all day every day. every so often I'll try different brands, even a few popular electrics but nothing beats the Mach 3.

Electrics are OK if you're going clean shaven, I've got a finely trimmed chin strap and gotee and it's a real pain the ass keeping it sharp with an electric. If you keep some facial hair then you'll wind up with 3 friggin electrics if you want it done right. (one for length, one for edges, and one to shave the clean spots).

I've got my Mach 3 that I use daily and then a some cheapo beard trimmer that I use about once a week to keep the over all length in check.

SHIFT_*grind*
09-10-2008, 11:03 AM
I use the Fusion. I used to use a Mach 3 but it's way easier to avoid cutting myself with the Fusion. I can get away with no nicks with a Mach 3 if I try, but I'm extremely impatient and I hate shaving. I use that St. Ives apricot scrub stuff that's like ~$3 a bottle, scrub the living shit out of my face with it in the shower, then shave immediately after. It softens up the hair so much that I don't need to use shaving cream, just hot water. And the Fusion makes shaving super quick.

Scrub face, run some hot water, whip the razor around my face and I've got a clean shave in ~3 minutes.