PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield games thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

HyperTek
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
so after months/years of not touching these, i have bf2 and bf2142, i got the urge to install em again.. any good mods to check out?

this starwars mod for bf2142 looks sick YouTube - Star Wars First Strike Mod for Battlefield 2142 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az34h4BnTP0)

VAs13
09-12-2008, 09:55 AM
i play bf2 project reality mod is pretty cool

HyperTek
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
ok ill check that one out, i tried some wwII mods and no one was online.

reinstalled bf2142 but i keep getting kicked by punkbuster upon server entry, did a google search that this game is buggy like that for some people.

HyperTek
04-06-2011, 03:22 PM
wow oldschool thread.

Anyways wanted to update.

BF3 is around the corner
uA378g_gD1I

I been playing battlefield play4free which is like a updated bf2. It is pretty good and free.

I purchased bad company 2 +vietnam last night since its on sale on EA Store. Maybe i need to sit down and play it more but i like play4free better.

PC only battlefield games are the best imo... I hope the maps in bf3 are huge, im playing bc2 thinking its a console game

heavenboundkevin
04-06-2011, 09:04 PM
trailer looks sick. I love bfbc2.

BOROSUN
04-06-2011, 09:36 PM
From the gameplay video. It looks like urban close quarter combat (4 man room clearing which I love) but I hope the maps is huge too.

The gameplay showed some crawling/ low prone which excited me.

flip3d
04-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Shit. Time to upgrade my computer.

lawrenceyang
04-06-2011, 10:01 PM
bf3 looks good. i used to play bf2 everyday after school for forever. good times~

shishcabobers
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Modern Combat mod on 1942, freakin awesome mod! Then in the normal game I loved flying planes with the joystick I had, I was an ace.

Om1kron
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
did someone say bf2?

137[CSi] Colonel Stats, BF2S.com (http://bf2s.com/player/44391552/)

too bad it doesn't track stats anymore, I was so close to becoming a 3 star general. Just didn't want to devote the time any longer.

HyperTek
04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
TBu_tH8muq0

DsHIHxYXeLs

Im just affraid it wont be like 1942, vietnam or bf2 due to being designed for console as well.

WERDdabuilder
04-07-2011, 01:52 AM
did someone say bf2?

137[CSi] Colonel Stats, BF2S.com (http://bf2s.com/player/44391552/)

too bad it doesn't track stats anymore, I was so close to becoming a 3 star general. Just didn't want to devote the time any longer.

fuckin stat whore.

Om1kron
04-07-2011, 04:26 AM
fuckin stat whore.

you saw that kd ratio in jets right, LOL omg I'm getting a boner just thinking about air raping again.

Walperstyle
04-07-2011, 06:18 AM
I wish I had some of the vids of the Desert Combat mod for bf1942 of things we did.

I flew the little bird like an ace. Land anywhere, fly any direction, and did it by keyboard.

exitspeed
04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
I've never played BF. And I didn't play COD:BO either. I got so burned out on FPS when the 360 came out I seriously haven't touched one since Ghost Recon Modern Warfar 2.

I seen the new gameplay trailers for this BF though and I actually got excited. Shit looks so bad ass. I WILL be buying this.

HyperTek
04-07-2011, 02:39 PM
hey guys try play4free, its pretty good , like BF2 but a lil more updated and simpler to get into, but still same game play
Battlefield Play4Free - Free FPS Online Action! (http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/)

beKtqARJUzg
No deathmatch type game play, always team based capture command posts and guard them .

Exit you would probably like it, its doesn't have that close-combat feel like cod or counterstrike. It feels more open so you can do whatever. Once you learn how to fly a heli or jet you can own with em. Whats cool is when your on foot and a tank or heli comes around, you actually get that fear that your weapons won't do much damage to them so you take cover.

Alot of bf fans hate cod if you read youtube comments, cod kind of dumbed-down fps shooters and made multi-platform a requirement.

WERDdabuilder
04-07-2011, 04:24 PM
everyone buy it for ps! so i dont have to build a new comp!

omgRWDgoodness!
04-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Modern Combat mod on 1942, freakin awesome mod! Then in the normal game I loved flying planes with the joystick I had, I was an ace.

I wish I had some of the vids of the Desert Combat mod for bf1942 of things we did.

I flew the little bird like an ace. Land anywhere, fly any direction, and did it by keyboard.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that still plays BF1942/Desert Combat mod, screw all this new garbage. I also have Forgotten Hope mod for 1942, which is like a much more realistic and detailed version of the game. The AH/OH-6s were awesome choppers in DC though, so nimble and maneuverable. Come to think of it, everything is DC mod was just well done. I think I'm gonna play tonight after work now...

Does anybody here use Xfire?

surge s14
04-07-2011, 04:30 PM
ive been drooling over bf3 for a while now

BOROSUN
04-07-2011, 05:47 PM
New garbage... You should checkout rage. Idtech 5 is pretty sweet.

shishcabobers
04-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I remember at one point in time I was ranked 9000 out of 60,000 players back in bf1942, always consistent top 10 in the EA 64 player servers. But after the 1.6 patch I lost interest, because it sucked ass. I'll probably see if I can find my installation disk again.

DS562
04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
heres my 360 profile, havent played in a while cause the xbox keeps overheating :(
http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/stats?persona=186946279&platform=360

theicecreamdan
04-07-2011, 07:57 PM
the play4free one is sorta fun

HyperTek
04-08-2011, 01:03 AM
i didnt have 1942 but i remember playing it at gaming cafes and the dc mod.

I got the OG BF Vietnam. I feel like digging that up and installing it, bf2 or 2142. 2142 was ok, fun for a while.

HyperTek
04-11-2011, 11:45 AM
saw this on bf3 facebook
Here's the thing: everything we've seen of Battlefield 3 has been running on PC, and maybe five percent of PC players are going to get that kind of graphical fidelity. For a lot of folks, the console version is going to be their only choice -- so what should they expect?

According to DICE executive producer Patrick Bach, the console version obviously won't have all the graphical bells and whistles of its PC counterpart. Speaking to Videogamer, Bach said the console port will lack the "higher resolution, the higher framerate, the anti-aliasing, the motion blur, stuff like that" that we've seen in the trailers released so far.

BOROSUN
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
yeah, i run dx11 with bfbc2 .

dx11 with aa4x/16x 1080p everything high is amazing. if you got 3 monitor is even better.

unlike crysis 2.

HyperTek
04-11-2011, 06:58 PM
i suck at bc2.. i get shot up too easy, perhaps i dont take cover enough, its just harder to see enemy position because there is soo much buildings/greenery etc lol.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I like to shotgun snipe in BC2... Too funny. The range and damage of the shotgun with the slugs are amazing. Takes a totally different playing style to use it successfully. Got 4x gold star on my shotgun. Easy to build up a kill streak. Now, if a scope can be added, would be overkill.

ZilviaKid
04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
i love bad company 2. its my first real battlefield game besides playing at internet cafes back in the day.

fuck doors, i make new ones.

Homer_Simpson
04-11-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm not that good but would love to play in a squad if you guys add me on PC. I'm not a bush wookie sniper whore either.
http://g.bfbcs.com/963/pc_Agent0024.png (http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Agent0024)

HyperTek
04-11-2011, 11:57 PM
i realize i suck because of gun fire recoil. I am usually a burst type shooter but alot of the guns recoil up. Most of the other fps i play dont have that much recoil so im pretty decent in others.

BOROSUN
04-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Shotgun snipers are aimboters.

BOROSUN
04-12-2011, 08:59 PM
i got to try battlefield p4f to lvl 8...wow this game blows.

and worst of thing is ppl actually pay to get advantage over others.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Shotgun snipers are aimboters.

Only because your character stood still. Very easy to hit still, standing targets with the shotgun sniper.

Should try it yourself to see how easy it actually is. I've had some incredible ranged shots that are typically done with a sniper rifle, but with the shotgun in this game.

http://g.bfbcs.com/963/pc_trpclfvr.png (http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/trpclfvr)

DS562
04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I like to shotgun snipe in BC2... Too funny. The range and damage of the shotgun with the slugs are amazing. Takes a totally different playing style to use it successfully. Got 4x gold star on my shotgun. Easy to build up a kill streak. Now, if a scope can be added, would be overkill.

yeeeuh, 870+slugs=god-like power. myself, i like to run around with the T88 sniper with either the 4X or red dot, magnum ammo, C4 and M9 and have myself a good ol' time.

BOROSUN
04-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Only because your character stood still. Very easy to hit still, standing targets with the shotgun sniper.

Should try it yourself to see how easy it actually is. I've had some incredible ranged shots that are typically done with a sniper rifle, but with the shotgun in this game.

http://g.bfbcs.com/963/pc_trpclfvr.png (http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/trpclfvr)

lol...you mean like paratrooping down. i have tried shotty and is unconsistent except for close range. i'm a old school MOH omaha sniper...the masters of pop up quick scopes. range for range when they are beating snipers you know they are cheating. ive seen it too often before...and they never admit. some ppl use the hacks, where they used it sparringly to hide it. but, you can tell. they are facing the other way and kills you right away.

straight up losers that cant win.:cops:

WERDdabuilder
05-27-2011, 05:42 PM
PXaFw7aC9GE

closer look into BF3. put in my preorder today, cant wait.

i have tried shotty and is unconsistent except for close range.

when using the shotty are you also equipping slug + mag round? cause i can go to town with a shotgun with those options.

4DOOR_LIFE
06-06-2011, 04:02 PM
damn......

0fUp4-kAQEE

I'm so stoked for this game. I have a feeling this game is going to beat MW3. although im sure the MW franchise has a bigger fan base. This game just look so much better.

ZilviaKid
06-06-2011, 04:28 PM
yay explosions!

WERDdabuilder
06-06-2011, 09:26 PM
TuQxkFr2evI

!!!http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2342/cooliob.png!!!

BOROSUN
06-06-2011, 09:46 PM
that shit was probably running on a gtx590.

i heard console only get 24 player vs 64 player on pc.

My 1.35k/dr 11.4k kills... 41%acc 4.8k kills 100hrs on the GOL hardcore only (http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Gogo_Plata/#infantry)

probably my final stats for bc2. i wonder how i would do in bf3.

Mr Miyagi
06-06-2011, 10:52 PM
cant wait for bc3.

KiLLeR2001
06-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Damn. Upgrade PC... or buy more car parts... :|

KiLLeR2001 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Stats Verse (http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/KiLLeR2001/)

^ My stats on BC2... Yes, I love to knife people. :P

Homer_Simpson
06-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Now I really have to get this and a new PC to run it.

speedgod^s13
06-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Damn, we should make a zilvia pc clan.! Although I hate mw2, I do enjoy playing black ops, even though soooooo many people hate it. BFBC2 is fun too, it took me a lot of adjusting though, coming from counter-strike. I mean the maps are so huge, so the game play is worlds apart. I like the fact that bullets drop at a distance, turning sniping into a skill again. I'm getting bf3 when it comes out for sure, but that means spending more money on a new video, and sound card, which isn't gonna be cheap.

4DOOR_LIFE
06-07-2011, 03:29 AM
HOLY SHIT that tank fight was EPIC! !

im so stoked for this game. more than MW3.

my minds being blown from all the gameplay footage. we definitely need a clan on console too.

WERDdabuilder
06-07-2011, 04:50 PM
IGN:

The new, cheesy-sounding philosophy DICE is taking with Battlefield 3 is "Play it Your Way." While hollow PR babble on the surface, in practice it reflects their desire to make Battlefield as universally appealing to shooter fans as possible. To this end the levels will be varied, from giant stages full of jets and armored vehicles, to the more funneled stages like the Paris one I got to play. While there were armored personnel carriers in the level, it was largely a corridor stage, focusing first and foremost on player's gun skills as opposed to a cooperative effort of vehicles and soldiers. It may have started in an open park (which itself still felt relatively small since players were fenced in by walls and rivers), but within moments the level was small, 50 ft wide corridors and cramped hallways. The hope appears to be to create an experience that'll give the hardcore, long-time fans what they desire in a battlefield experience, but also to have stages that appeal to the more arena-style fans that play games like Call of Duty. Don't go abandoning hope and lamenting the end of the franchise, though, as I'm assured many of the levels we've yet to see will bring back the epic-sized conflicts the franchise is known for.

Classes have also been redesigned in Battlefield 3, giving players new ways to customize their load outs to suit their play style. Riflemen now double as medics, healing players and reviving those who are downed. The Support class is now equipped with a light machinegun and ammo packs, the sniper is a long-range and demolitions expert, and the Engineer is the master of destroying and repairing vehicles. With weapon attachments players can adapt the classes to how they want to play, with Riflemen choosing things like underslung grenade launchers in place of advanced medical equipment, for instance.

The Support class was super important in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 because it could heal, but they're given a new role in Battlefield 3:suppression. Shooting in an enemy's general direction is important in real combat, giving your own team a chance to move and gain position while the enemies are frightened into running for cover. Battlefield 3 takes this into account, and anyone firing a hail of lead near foes – something the Support class is especially good at, much more so with a fancy bi-pod attachment – will suppress the enemy. This not only garners points for the shooter, but dims and shakes the screen of those affected. Shooting to kill is an important role, but shooting to provide actual supporting fire is now emphasized as well.

Vehicles have also been tweaked in Battlefield 3, in hopes of making them more fun for both the operator and passengers. Vehicles regenerate small amounts of health when damaged, but in order to heal to full will need the assistance of an Engineer. Vehicles can also be immobilized right before destruction, forcing an Engineer to intervene to save it, and giving the passengers a chance to bail out. The hope is that this will alleviate a lot of the rage that comes from a team jumping into a humvee, only to be destroyed by one well placed rocket. Yes, the rocket might kill the person it blows up right next to, but the whole squad won't be punished for one crazy driver, or feel like vehicles are death traps.

Two tweaks that stood out during the time I played, and really show DICE's commitment to making the experience better and better, were the inclusion of prone and the ability to opt out of revive. Prone could be dangerous to the balance, as it makes players incredibly hard to discern at a distance, but to balance this DICE is finding new ways to make the cost match the benefits. You might be harder to see, but your lens will flash if a player looks at it, and getting up and laying down takes time that will cost you if someone is close. Revive was also something that players liked in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but it was annoying when someone would revive you for points, only to do so when you were going to stand up right in an enemy's fire. Now you can opt out of a revive, looking to see how safe it is before you make a decision about whether a respawn at a different location would be more effective. It's a small change, and one of those head-slap inducing choices that seem obvious, but a testament to the time, experience and passion DICE has for making Battlefield 3 as fun and balanced as possible.

My playtime was entirely too short, but Battlefield 3 is following a proven formula that's been created by, refined and tweaked by one of the best first-person shooter developers in the world. If the single-player manages to live up to expectations, and the multiplayer keeps getting even better, it might not be long before there's a new king of modern warfare.

seems very promising. bolded some of the things that caught my attention but in a good way.

1on1
09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
I would like to bump this thread up since a bunch of my co-workers are planning to play this game. I plan on getting my pre-order tomorrow since it will give me access to beta.

Also, I have the EA birthday coupon which gives you 25%. Details below:

Battlefield 3 BF3 $44.99 @ Origin AC 25% off - Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3286788)

lawrenceyang
09-18-2011, 08:04 PM
I would like to bump this thread up since a bunch of my co-workers are planning to play this game. I plan on getting my pre-order tomorrow since it will give me access to beta.

Battlefield 3 BF3 $44.99 @ Origin AC 25% off - Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3286788)

was just about to post about this, just preordered a digital copy. cant wait for this game ! we should have a zilvia team going :D

1on1
09-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Would be awesome if we played against other forums :D.

DS562
09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
i'd like to see some sniper footage.

S14DB
09-18-2011, 09:15 PM
So, When's this beta coming out?

1on1
09-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Some time this month. From what I know, if you purchase the Digital copy, you get 48-hour early access to beta before it's open to the public.

Source:

Battlefield Blog (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/04/presenting-all-pre-order-offers-for-battlefield-3-limited-edition.aspx#)

48 Hour Early Access to the Open Beta
What it is: A 2 day (48 hours) early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting in September 2011.
Where to get: By pre-ordering the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or by being a first-hand Medal of Honor: Limited Edition or Medal of Honor: Tier 1 Edition player.
Available: 48 hours before the Open Beta goes public for everyone.

ZilviaKid
09-18-2011, 09:47 PM
IGN:

seems very promising. bolded some of the things that caught my attention but in a good way.

holy fuck! thank god they added in an opt out for revives. Its probably one of the only things in BC2 that would infuriate me. having terrible teammates is one thing, but when some little fuck hides behind a wall and keeps reviving you while you are being continuously mowed down, its unbearable.

that being said, im gonna get it for xbox instead of pc. i dont care that the pc is a better system for it, and that the maps are bigger with support for more players, playing on a pc just makes games like this lose the fun factor. people are way too competitive, i need some laid back shit for a change.

Mister.E
09-18-2011, 10:20 PM

LOL, i am a dumbass. i read halfway through this thread, put in a pre-order, and then got to this post...FMFL

Om1kron
09-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Some time this month. From what I know, if you purchase the Digital copy, you get 48-hour early access to beta before it's open to the public.

Source:

Battlefield Blog (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/04/presenting-all-pre-order-offers-for-battlefield-3-limited-edition.aspx#)

LOL It's almost the end of september, they say the beta is still going to happen, not sure what the fuck they intend on changing before the game starts to ship on the 20th of october for retailers LOL I have a feeling deep in my bones the game is going to get pushed back.

The PC beta is ready, but they're waiting on Sony and Microsoft to give the okay so all platforms get the beta at the same time which could take another week. Due to their bullshit quality assurance stuff to make sure it wont brick your console

1on1
09-18-2011, 11:10 PM
LOL, i am a dumbass. i read halfway through this thread, put in a pre-order, and then got to this post...FMFL

Tell me about it, I just saw this too:

Pre-Order Battlefield 3 for PC and receive Dead Space 2 FREE - Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3320652)

I e-mailed EA about the promo which they should grant me the game :D (Just purchased 20-minutes ago)

LOL It's almost the end of september, they say the beta is still going to happen, not sure what the fuck they intend on changing before the game starts to ship on the 20th of october for retailers LOL I have a feeling deep in my bones the game is going to get pushed back.

The PC beta is ready, but they're waiting on Sony and Microsoft to give the okay so all platforms get the beta at the same time which could take another week. Due to their bullshit quality assurance stuff to make sure it wont brick your console

Very true. The only change I would think they would do before the official release are known glitches. Other than that, updates every week or whatever.

I've been waiting for so long to have implement planes again. Yes, there were helicopters, but it wasn't as fun with jets. My friend and I would set-up C4 on the enemy planes and when they take-off, we would blow them up :D.

Overall, I think I am over-hyping myself for this game. All the videos I have watched are promising and look forward to it.

Om1kron
09-18-2011, 11:38 PM

I posted this on another board.

I wanted to make a separate thread so people didn't miss this. If you pre ordered bf3 on origin and would like dead space 2 for free and obviously you're gonna get dicked on the promo if you pre ordered before this week.

you can chat with ea online support and have them credit the game to your account.

http://support.ea.com/app/ask

and you will just have to provide you origin login (email addy) and your order number for bf3 and they will give you a redeem code to enter in on origin!

otherwise if you pre order it from now until the 19th of the month it will automatically be included in your purchase along with the return to karkand map pack and other extras.

-----------------

fyi, dead space 2 is scary as fuck lol.

Mister.E
09-18-2011, 11:45 PM
i bought it for PS3. i was mainly referring to the birthday code. it looks like they are only offering the dead space deal for PC

1on1
09-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Updated on their facebook page!

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/174918_10150296889537672_308775617671_7991901_1589 937870_o.jpg

WERDdabuilder
09-25-2011, 02:34 AM
EA Origin pre-orders and Medal of Honor owners get access to the beta 48h earlier, on Sep 27.

looks like ill be playing tuesday
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4812/chillin.png

Mister.E
09-25-2011, 07:59 AM
I am assuming most of you are PC gamers. But do you think for those of us that pre-ordered on console, will there be some sort of downloadable beta via PSN or X-Box Live?

WERDdabuilder
09-25-2011, 11:03 AM
yes i believe for console(im getting it for PSN) you'll be able to download it on thurs. since i bought Medal of Honor a while back im able to get it early.

Mister.E
09-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Nice.

Looking forward to playing this. When does the beta release for us people that didnt buy MOH?

WERDdabuilder
09-25-2011, 12:15 PM
thursday.

add me on PSN(if thats the console youre getting it for). WERDdabuilder

Flipzide
09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
The callout:

coOHjF4_apI

Early Access Beta Time Zones for Early Access:
NZ 1:00 am 28th
Aus 10:00 pm 27th
Sweden 2:00pm 27th
GMT 12:00 noon 27th
US Eastern Standard Time 8:00 am 27th
CST 7:00 am 27th
PST 5:00 am 27th

Open Beta
NZ 1:00 am 30th
Aus 10:00 pm 29th
Sweden 2:00pm 29th
GMT 12:00 noon 29th
US Eastern Standard Time 8:00 am 29th
CST 7:00 am 29th
PST 5:00 am 29th

rangerjavi
09-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Well once I find my Playstation controller I will be all over this.... You can add me anyone if you would like PSN: rangerjavi

Flexin
09-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Getting this for xbox I CAN NOT wait for the beta, but i heard they got rid of bullet drop? can someone confirm this? add me kydaleporker and we can do backflips outta helis and all that ishhh

lawrenceyang
09-26-2011, 05:16 PM
goddamn it do i have to stay up to 5am tonight -__________-

WERDdabuilder
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
^same. lawrence, you getting it for pc or console?

lawrenceyang
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
pc all the way !

Flipzide
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
This is from another forum...

From: Clarko | Posted: 9/26/2011 05:24:06 PM | Filter | Message Detail | Quote

A little insight from my friend from EA Montreal who worked on the game for a while.

"I foresee a lot of people complaining that you cannot pick your squad in the beta (it's like it was in the Alpha, just the Find Squad button), so keep in mind that what you are going to be playing is actually a month-old build."

"It'll be hard to miss with all the screwed up ragdoll physics in that build :P

Also, protip regarding the video options in the beta. They don't really work until you reload the game. "

omgRWDgoodness!
09-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Soooooo....anybody care to join me for some BF1942/DesertCombat? :wavey:

1on1
09-27-2011, 01:55 AM
add me up on steam for the PC Players; n1tr1s.

I'll most likely be waking up to download and then wake up again to play :D. I already told my boss I am coming in late due to the BF3 launch, which he is playing as well.

TheRealSy90
09-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Is there an open beta for 360 users? Not sure if I missed that or not.

lawrenceyang
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
dling right now

KiLLeR2001
09-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Pre-ordered. Looks like I'll play on the 29th.

dreaMervaj
09-27-2011, 09:54 AM
I need my beta code for Xbox!

S14DB
09-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Ugh, 3hrs later my code shows up. Then another 30mins to DL. So lame.

Flipzide
09-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Oh yea. If anyone here bought MOH anytime on Steam, be sure to check your CD keys. I ended up getting a spare one to give to my friend and the MOH copy wasn't even a preorder.

I'm loving the game so far. The game pace is perfect and lots of fun. The game play feels like a hybrid of COD and BC2, but a bit more like BC2. So far all servers are Metro though. Caspian is in the beta, but I haven't seen a server run it yet.

WERDdabuilder
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
anyone on PS3 having trouble finding it? it says its suppose to automatically pop up for me on PSN.....
went to PSN and it cant find the beta.

i bought the MOH:Limited edition also for this and got the early access code and already put it in.
got the early access email but doesnt tell me much.

HOW TO JOIN THE BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA:
1) Go to the PlayStation®Network Store on your console
2) From storefront, click on View All By Title, click on B
3) Click on Battlefield 3. All content will appear here

did all that and see nothing except bf3 vids

lawrenceyang
09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
games pretty awesome but it looks like my graphics card is outdated =p
looks like im gonna have to upgrade before the game comes out

4DOOR_LIFE
09-27-2011, 02:46 PM
redeeming my beta code on xboxlive right now!!

S14DB
09-27-2011, 03:16 PM
OMG, the Flashlight attachment is so kool.

iHateMySilvia
09-27-2011, 04:40 PM
playing beta on pc, so far so good !! XD

WERDdabuilder
09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
up on PSN!!!!

lawrenceyang
09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
OMG, the Flashlight attachment is so kool.

bitches be blinding me with that shit. i just shoot at the light whenever i see it now

WERDdabuilder
09-27-2011, 10:43 PM
my worst nightmare came true.....

it feels way too much like COD

4DOOR_LIFE
09-27-2011, 11:26 PM
its alright so far. there are some minor glitches, but i understand that its a beta and things will get patched up before the game is released.

that flashlight shit pissed me off at first, but I just unload on the light like Lawrence said.

i've had to deal with some occasional spawn campers which isn't fun. I liked how DICE disabled the prone position in MOH, wish they would do that in this game as well.

lawrenceyang
09-27-2011, 11:57 PM
ground glitching a hell of a lot right now

BOROSUN
09-28-2011, 12:26 AM
i'm not finding the DL link on origin, where the heck is it?

lawrenceyang
09-28-2011, 12:28 AM
you should have gotten an email code that you redeem on origin to get the dl

BOROSUN
09-28-2011, 12:57 AM
bah, i didn't get any email. i guess i'll go back playing starwars.

lawrenceyang
09-28-2011, 01:01 AM
dont worry open betas in another day ;D

'97 S14 SE Turbo
09-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Remember "T" to turn of the damn flashlight/laser pointer...

PS: it's fun to drop the remote spawn behind enemy lines. What a way to get tons of knife kills.

projekt_s13
09-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Preordered for PS3.

HyperTek
09-28-2011, 12:37 PM
so predict this will crush MW3 but the COD fanboys will still praise their game

Freddy
09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
^ MW3 will still beat it in sales. the owner of the EBgames in my area says he has way more MW3 pre-orders then BF3. Same goes for the other 2 store in the area.

ILoveMyRHS13
09-28-2011, 12:57 PM
so predict this will crush MW3 but the COD fanboys will still praise their game

^ MW3 will still beat it in sales. the owner of the EBgames in my area says he has way more MW3 pre-orders then BF3. Same goes for the other 2 store in the area.
It'll be a better game by miles, but MW3 will definitely out-sell it; bigger franchise.

miucus
09-28-2011, 02:03 PM
dont worry open betas in another day ;D

its open beta for everyone tomorrow? no restrictions?

1on1
09-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Yes, beta is open tomorrow for everyone. If you're on PC add me on origin; lowney

S14DB
09-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Remember "T" to turn of the damn flashlight/laser pointer...

PS: it's fun to drop the remote spawn behind enemy lines. What a way to get tons of knife kills.
I love idiots that run around with their Laser/Flashlight on. See disco lights all over the walls and follow to the source.

I love flanking and then having your whole squad spawning on you to clean up.

People actually shop at Gamestop?

Freddy
09-28-2011, 08:40 PM
^ Yes sir, but think about it these are people that will most likely get it at midnight.

HyperTek
09-28-2011, 09:02 PM
i hate how gamestop sells you opened new games, making them not much different than their used games that are only 5 dollars different in price lol

S14DB
09-28-2011, 09:04 PM
^ Yes sir, but think about it these are people that will most likely get it at midnight.

In that case Walmart is better. Never had a line when people are camped out at the Gamestop on the way there.

HyperTek
09-28-2011, 09:12 PM
preordering games on amazon has done me good.. instead of waiting for midnight release, just get it on the day it comes out to your doorstep with no tax added to it

Mister.E
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Base Exchange FTW! i love walking in there and grabbing games on the day they drop without paying any taxes or shipping. It's funny too cuz there is a GameStop in the BX where most of the fanboys pre-order their shit and pay taxes LOL. i assume they think they are prestigious or some shit for shopping at GameStop? But i feel like the real winner when i spend 5 minutes in the store and walk out with the game before the asshat who has been standing in line for over an hour.

lawrenceyang
09-28-2011, 10:49 PM
wtf so buggy for me lately

4DOOR_LIFE
09-28-2011, 11:40 PM
randomly hopped on earlier and decided to have another go at the beta. went 22-1 :) no i wasn't camping either, I was an extremely tactical one man army. haha. barely anyone talks, or I assume most people are in parties.

i hate how you can create a squad of 4 with your friends, but when you start the game it throws you in different squads. I also wish you could tinker with your classes in the main menu rather then during a game.

definitely looking forward to this game over mw3 though.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
09-29-2011, 01:33 AM
Been having fun today. Definitely a very tactical game. If you play it right it's pretty damn fun. Lots of hiding space to stop and regroup.

Also like how Recon is actually an important part of the attack squad by being able to drop mobile spawn sites, and using the PP-2000 silenced is deadly.

Flipzide
09-29-2011, 02:02 AM
If you guys want to try the caspian map, the current password for some of them is "Appletini" without the quotes. Compared to Metro, my framerate dropped a lot, haha.

projekt_s13
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Ps3 store is down for maintenance in California. Sony hurry up and update so i can download it and go to sleep.

kevmeistah21
09-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Battlefield 3 Countdown - BF3 Open Beta and Final Release! (http://bf3timer.com/)

miucus
09-29-2011, 02:20 PM
downloading right now for ps3! add me flipchino

kevmeistah21
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
dangggg my GPU can't handle it haha! I currently have a gts 250. Anyone a computer geek who can recommend a good video card for no more than $350? I want the best bang for the buck for now cause im going to put together another PC next year.

S14DB
09-29-2011, 02:54 PM
AMD and Nvidia came out with GFX card updates yesterday. Profiles and Tweaks for BF3 are included.

S14DB
09-29-2011, 03:02 PM
dangggg my GPU can't handle it haha! I currently have a gts 250. Anyone a computer geek who can recommend a good video card for no more than $350? I want the best bang for the buck for now cause im going to put together another PC next year.

If you are stuck on Nvidia look at a GeForce GTX 570. For AMD Radeon HD 6970. I you don't care get whatever you can find for cheaper on newegg.

kevmeistah21
09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
AMD and Nvidia came out with GFX card updates yesterday. Profiles and Tweaks for BF3 are included.

I just updated my GFX card drivers with the bf3 tweaks and it still runs pretty bad.. The poor little gts 250 cant handle..

I was thinking about just getting this and just SLI them in the future if i need to.

Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130595)

HyperTek
09-29-2011, 07:06 PM
my 8800gt played it .. feels alot like bad company 2, which isnt a bad thing imo, bad company 2 just lacked on map size, number of players and no planes. runs decent on my system at medium settings and than AA 4x . my 8800gt tho i flashed it to a 9800gt and volt modded/watercooled.My monitors highest resolution is 1680x1050 or something, so it kinda worked out fine for me.

lawrenceyang
09-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Best Video Card for Battlefield 3 | GameFront (http://www.gamefront.com/best-video-card-for-battlefield-3/)

Flexin
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM
The servers are down, wth. Typical EA :rant:

Mister.E
09-29-2011, 08:06 PM
im hoping the actually game is better. this feels a lot like BC2 to me, almost like nothing changed. That's not a bad thing, but all i heard was people raving about special shit they were going to do in this game, and i have yet to see any of that.

Flexin
09-29-2011, 08:22 PM
im hoping the actually game is better. this feels a lot like BC2 to me, almost like nothing changed. That's not a bad thing, but all i heard was people raving about special shit they were going to do in this game, and i have yet to see any of that.

are you playing it right now?

WERDdabuilder
09-29-2011, 08:31 PM
im hoping the actually game is better. this feels a lot like BC2 to me

feels nothing like BC2 to me. if it did id love it. someone said that caspian boder felt more like BC2 but im on PSN so i havent played it =\

starting to get a hang of the game. im slowing down my playing style and and its helping.

edit: stupid arming glitch.

DoobieS13
09-29-2011, 09:30 PM
i hope this don't turn into a fucking awesome game for pc and a shitty game for consoles

WERDdabuilder
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM
BF is a PC based game so of course is gonna be weaker on console.

just unlocked the M416...
that shit puts in work.

ZilviaKid
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
all i get is failed to conect to EA servers over and over

shits weak

mind you, its great because theres hardly anyone playing BC2 right now so i can finally get my last insignia for destroying rush objectives

Mister.E
09-29-2011, 11:21 PM
I SERIOUSLY hope the actual game is way better. The glitches and stupid loading problems are starting to piss me off.

I knew i should have just stuck with MW3, this slow ass, methodical type of playing is exactly why is stopped playing BC2...it's just not exciting.

I'm already loving all of the campers that are looking for easy kills too. Shit is a fucking hoot! /sarcasm

WERDdabuilder
09-29-2011, 11:53 PM
its a beta guy.......

HyperTek
09-29-2011, 11:59 PM
these 285.38 nvidia beta drivers they make you download for the game, im having issues with them.. causes clipping in deus ex human revolution.. Are these drivers required to play BF3?? i know when i first started it, i got a message telling me to get these drivers, and i dont like the performance out of them..

Bad company 2 was on the frostbite engine, BF3 is on the frostbite 2 engine, so it will be similar imo. Feels like it with just some more player animations and new maps, but this is a beta demo so can't really expect much from it yet

S14DB
09-30-2011, 01:00 AM
You don't have to run the nivida beta drivers. It just eliminates some of the issues people are having.

rage
09-30-2011, 02:16 AM
it won't let you use the whql drivers, but theres 2 diff beta drivers you can use

Mister.E
09-30-2011, 06:50 AM
its a beta guy.......

i realize that. It's really not so much the game as it is the people that are playing it. I fucking hate campers and this game seems to be the perfect outlet for them to release their noobness.

KiLLeR2001
09-30-2011, 08:30 AM
add me on Origin: killer2k1

ZenkiKid
09-30-2011, 08:31 AM
i realize that. It's really not so much the game as it is the people that are playing it. I fucking hate campers and this game seems to be the perfect outlet for them to release their noobness.

I encountered the same problem. I went 0-4 and all 4 of my deaths were by people spawn camping in the prone position. Complete weaksauce.

do it sideways
09-30-2011, 09:39 AM
add me on psn brunoooo69 lol downloading the beta right now

BOROSUN
09-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Lol, last night some guy was complaining about me camping. It's either you follow the objective or play Rambo. I choose to win.

ZilviaKid
09-30-2011, 09:50 AM
if you have trouble with campers, just noob tube them

Flexin
09-30-2011, 09:54 AM
I SERIOUSLY hope the actual game is way better. The glitches and stupid loading problems are starting to piss me off.

I knew i should have just stuck with MW3, this slow ass, methodical type of playing is exactly why is stopped playing BC2...it's just not exciting.

I'm already loving all of the campers that are looking for easy kills too. Shit is a fucking hoot! /sarcasm
Nothing will be fixed, the games are already at retail stores in boxes

ILoveMyRHS13
09-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Nothing will be fixed, the games are already at retail stores in boxes
You realize that the Beta is a build from July, correct? It doesn't reflect the final version of the game.

hunter8411
09-30-2011, 10:23 AM
You realize that the Beta is a build from July, correct? It doesn't reflect the final version of the game.

I don't understand why people don't realize this and the fact that it is easy to add updates even if the game has already been shipped, almost like no one has beta tested before.

Flipzide
09-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Word on the web is that the new password for the Caspian dev servers is

"shoppingcartsareagoodride" without the quotes.

1on1
09-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Battlelog / Sign in to the Open Beta (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/devblog/view/2826551894086251181/)

damn poop dick

DS562
10-01-2011, 12:22 AM
just played 6 rounds, i still fuckin got it!

ZilviaKid
10-01-2011, 12:53 AM
they put in scope shake!

i hate that shit!

DS562
10-01-2011, 12:55 AM
yeah i dont like that either. idk how to feel about the limited sprint (unless equipped)

1on1
10-01-2011, 09:24 AM
you just hold shift for sprinting (if on PC)

that's without the sprint perk

ZilviaKid
10-01-2011, 09:34 AM
you just hold shift for sprinting (if on PC)

that's without the sprint perk
yeah but you cant just keep running, it puts you into a walk pretty quickly ala COD

1on1
10-01-2011, 10:34 AM
yeah but you cant just keep running, it puts you into a walk pretty quickly ala COD

not for me. I've been able to run for a long time, unless it bugged.

Also, conquest large for metro is released on pc

ca18_luv
10-01-2011, 05:28 PM
played the beta for about 10 mins last night before i died in my bed.

Got to say its pretty good. Of course im aware that the real game is gonna be tweaked a little bit then from the beta. Game kind of reminds me of CounterStrike for a reason. Except a crap load bigger and better IMHO.

Cant wait for the real game to come out to see what its like.

WERDdabuilder
10-02-2011, 02:34 AM
officially done playing the beta. too many damn glitches making me http://consoleden.com/images/smilies/ffffuuuu.gif

wonpoo
10-02-2011, 03:28 AM
demo is awesome i hope they fix the visual glitches i kept getting on XBL, but other then that i think we got a winner winner chicken dinner for modern combat games...

i was Squading up with 4DOOR_LIFE he was sniping and i was rushing with my shotty...fun time fun times!

silviaguy240
10-02-2011, 10:53 AM
yall mother fuckers get on to late, then we can never get a group going and spend an hour or more waiting on people.

240Shwag
10-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I like it. A load of glitches though. They fixed some of them already. I have major audio problems with it on xbox.

It does remind me alot of BC2, but the spawning problems(ie: spawning into sniper fire) seem to almost completely fixed, more then likely due to the size of the maps and the ability to prone.

BOROSUN
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
prone saves lives

those pothole glitch/underworld fight is insane.

DS562
10-02-2011, 08:56 PM
im about to log in right now, XBL= Jaeger562 add me but say your on zilvia

h2v7
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
i dont think its all that i mean cool but not all that.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
they put in scope shake!

i hate that shit!

Got to the menu to turn it off. There were other graphic features that I turned off to make it playable.

fliprayzin240sx
10-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Hmm...is the Beta over? I can't connect to the damn servers on XBL...

silviaguy240
10-03-2011, 07:20 PM
i dont think so, ea's servers just suck and go down every once in a while

DS562
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
i played about 6 matches today, its just got alot of people on it right now

WERDdabuilder
10-03-2011, 08:53 PM
ha, just saw this....

http://i.imgur.com/La9YG.jpg

shits on point.

1on1
10-03-2011, 09:03 PM
^ that is true in many ways. lol

delado
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
ahahahaha that's so true^^^

4DOOR_LIFE
10-03-2011, 10:01 PM
that picture is awesome! think i'll hop on the beta right now.

DS562
10-03-2011, 10:55 PM
anybody else completely lose their progress? i was at level 15 and now im not.

BOROSUN
10-03-2011, 11:46 PM
thats false, snipers are on the center bush side or near B objective for attacker and near A for defenders.

WERDdabuilder
10-04-2011, 06:40 PM
miucus and i doing work..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/drewdabuilder/IMG_0470.jpg

KiLLeR2001
10-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Wooo! Went on an 11 in a row kill streak tonight.

miucus
10-05-2011, 12:43 AM
miucus and i doing work..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/drewdabuilder/IMG_0470.jpg

yee that was fun.. did you know the other guy drift510 or something like that? our squad was legit

BOROSUN
10-05-2011, 01:15 AM
pc just went down. i cant get in anymoar.

ILoveMyRHS13
10-06-2011, 01:41 PM
u6l4dAHKL-E

I thought this was hilarious.

w0nderbr3ad
10-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Damn Caspian Borders is out right now and so many people wanna jump in jets..can't even have a co-pilot.

ZilviaKid
10-07-2011, 01:17 PM
u6l4dAHKL-E

I thought this was hilarious.

wheres the like button that was amazing haha

BOROSUN
10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
haha yeah the turtle neck.

DS562
10-07-2011, 07:56 PM
anybody playin the beta on XBL right now? im about to get on.
gamer tag is jaeger562

Mister.E
10-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Are they releasing Caspian Border on the console beta?

redenblack
10-10-2011, 01:03 PM
im trying to hop on beta right now but cant connect to servers. is the beta over or servers really suck? lol

Flexin
10-10-2011, 03:25 PM
im trying to hop on beta right now but cant connect to servers. is the beta over or servers really suck? lol

I just tried. I think the beta is over

1on1
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Beta has been over since 10/9 6:01pm PST.

Hywarp161
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
yeah i think its over, they closed the battlelog beta site as well. Also EA announced today a Hi Res texture pack that you can install to your hdd on consoles to bring them up to par with the pc version.

S14DB
10-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Battlelog / Back in September (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/)

Lol, it's the same msg from when they closed the Alpha.

Mister.E
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Also EA announced today a Hi Res texture pack that you can install to your hdd on consoles to bring them up to par with the pc version.

i'm assuming this will cost extra?

BOROSUN
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
On par with pc. Ha nevar!

ZilviaKid
10-10-2011, 09:28 PM
i'm assuming this will cost extra?
i just read the article, the game is shipping with 2 disks and the texture pack is on the second.

S14DB
10-10-2011, 10:31 PM
When is the new 500gb HD coming out?

redenblack
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
i just read the article, the game is shipping with 2 disks and the texture pack is on the second.
do you have to preorder or something?

Hywarp161
10-11-2011, 03:25 PM
no it will be included with all copies, on xbox its on a second disk. for ps3 its all on one bluray disk.

misterdumby
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
i am most definitely picking up a ps3 and battlefield 3 when it comes out

ZilviaKid
10-11-2011, 04:52 PM
why would you buy a ps3 just to play battlefield? its probably with worst system to buy it on tbh

lawrenceyang
10-11-2011, 06:47 PM
i am most definitely picking up a ps3 and battlefield 3 when it comes out

pc *cough cough

Mugenctr!
10-12-2011, 01:28 AM
xbox!!!!!!!!!!! :D

blingbling
10-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Xbox is obviously going to carry the majority of players on this game.... until the next big title comes out haha.

HyperTek
10-12-2011, 03:44 PM
why would you buy a ps3 just to play battlefield? its probably with worst system to buy it on tbh

because you dont have to pay to play online :mepoke:

fliprayzin240sx
10-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Hmm...I'm still torn if I should buy this or not, if I do, PS3 or Xbox? I just picked up Forza, shit will probably occupy me for a bit...

misterdumby
10-12-2011, 05:54 PM
my brother already has an xbox so im picking up ps3. sheesh

misterdumby
10-12-2011, 05:55 PM
because you dont have to pay to play online :mepoke:

another reason i want to pick up a ps3

Mister.E
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM

explain the reasoning behind the PS3 being the worst system? this i'd love to hear.

misterdumby
10-12-2011, 06:34 PM
also considering my brother has gone through like 3 xbox's in the past two years because of the red ring gayness... i have a feeling a ps3 would last me longer

FusionArt
10-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics comparison :
Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Comparison (PC) - GameSpot Video (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefield-3/video/6339677?hd=1)

ZilviaKid
10-13-2011, 07:24 PM
explain the reasoning behind the PS3 being the worst system? this i'd love to hear.
pc is the obvious choice to buy it on first off.

and second, 360 has a much larger community to play fps's on so in 3 months the servers wont be abandoned.

FusionArt
10-13-2011, 07:48 PM
PC is the way to go if you can aquire the proper equipment for a decent experience.

Mister.E
10-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Never once have i been playing an FPS on the Playstation network and thought to myself, "damn, these servers sure are abondoned."

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Should've done this...

p6VBG22ZBz4

robo wars!

Ramrod1337
10-13-2011, 11:19 PM

I've played the beta on both my 360 and ps3 and for some reason I prefer to play on ps3 and I'm an xbox guy I play all the fpson 360 I bought the ps3 for the exclusive games like Socom and gt5 and killzone. It felt different on the xbox to me idk. I'm gna change my preorder to ps3.

Pc is for sure better, but everyone is on a level playing field on consoles. I got out of pcgaming because I grew sick of having to update my pc every 2 to 3 years to keep up with everyone else. I'm originally a counter stike guy.

Mister.E
10-14-2011, 06:48 AM
I got out of pcgaming because I grew sick of having to update my pc every 2 to 3 years to keep up with everyone else.

THIS!

i'd rather just buy a console and be done with it.

Ramrod1337
10-14-2011, 07:21 AM
THIS!

i'd rather just buy a console and be done with it.

And that is why consoles are more popular, not many people have the knowledge with computers nor are they willing to spend the money to keep a pc up to date. I haven't played anything on pc for years I wonder if I'd still be shittin on people. Bf3 makes me want to get another gaming rig for sure. Is everyone still using steam?

lawrenceyang
10-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Battlefield 3 Beta Long Range Sniping in Caspian Border - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P27vnyN8iI&list=FLuPj2Uqur0Jzji-VoVpI0Dw&index=6)

BOROSUN
10-14-2011, 03:24 PM
man, those are good shots.

misterdumby
10-18-2011, 12:37 PM
just picked up a ps3 and battlefield 2 yesterday :rl:

clamjammer901
hit me up

ZilviaKid
10-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Battlefield 3 Beta Long Range Sniping in Caspian Border - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P27vnyN8iI&list=FLuPj2Uqur0Jzji-VoVpI0Dw&index=6)
jesus, a legit GOOD sniper

i hate playing with scrubs who think they can snipe and then end up with 2 kills at the end of a match..

lawrenceyang
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
jesus, a legit GOOD sniper

i hate playing with scrubs who think they can snipe and then end up with 2 kills at the end of a match..

i think i would get killed by this guy a bunch of times and end up wasting the rest of the match looking for him in a tank

ravinaziankid
10-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Just ordered a new graphics card (Radeon HD 6870) for this game, hope this card is worth it and will be able to handle future games as well. Cost me a bit but people say its a good card.

lawrenceyang
10-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Just ordered a new graphics card (Radeon HD 6870) for this game, hope this card is worth it and will be able to handle future games as well. Cost me a bit but people say its a good card.

im in the same boat but with the 560gtx...i just dont know if i should buy it for around 200 when im not that big on pc games =pppp

ravinaziankid
10-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah, they're expensive but I heard the card I got should be good enough and it was around $170 and $150 after $20 mail in rebate.

lawrenceyang
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
i think im gonna sit on my 8800gtx for now until the game comes out to see how well it can run the game, i really dont want to spend a lot on a card (i dont play anything else regularly) but i do want bf3 to look good

240Shwag
10-19-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm in the process of building a new system for it lol. My last upgrade was a couple of years ago so its due anyway.

ravinaziankid
10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
You can check on the BF3 website to see if your PC is good enough to run the game if you're not sure. So far I have a 7 for my Processor and 10's for my graphic card and Ram.

lawrenceyang
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
You can check on the BF3 website to see if your PC is good enough to run the game if you're not sure. So far I have a 7 for my Processor and 10's for my graphic card and Ram.

cant seem to find it but w/e. ive done the gpu test on geforce and it said my 8800gtx doesnt meet minimum system reqs =p everything else on my pc should be fine though

S14DB
10-20-2011, 02:27 PM
cant seem to find it but w/e. ive done the gpu test on geforce and it said my 8800gtx doesnt meet minimum system reqs =p everything else on my pc should be fine though

8800gtx is ancient. How long have you had it? 4-5years?
Best Video Card for Battlefield 3 | GameFront (http://www.gamefront.com/best-video-card-for-battlefield-3/)
Shouldn't be to much to get you into a DX11 card.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3. We would like to remind you
that your pre-load of the game begins tomorrow, October 21st. You will
receive an Email from us tomorrow by 11:59pm PDT, which will include
your order information and instructions on how to begin your pre-load.

Sincerely,
The Origin Team

Sweet, Wasted HD space!

murda-c
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Battlefield 3 Played With Motion Control, Omni-Directional Treadmill, Paintball Guns... - Geekologie (http://www.geekologie.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-played-with-motion-control.php)

lawrenceyang
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
8800gtx is ancient. How long have you had it? 4-5years?

mmmhmm sounds about right. its ran everything ive played (tf2, crysis 1/2, shogun total war, deus ex) on high settings without problems but bf3 beta didnt look great. just gonna wait till the game comes out to see if i still want to blow ~160-200 on a video card

*also remembered i need a mic for this game too !

S14DB
10-21-2011, 10:42 PM
EA thought it necessary to send my 10 emails today letting me know BF3 was ready for download...

ALTRNTV
10-21-2011, 11:58 PM
I bought the Sony PS3 wireless headset for this game... better be good.

KiLLeR2001
10-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Pre-loaded and ready to go.

Flipzide
10-22-2011, 02:51 AM
More trailers :)
FRqfFfuVuNE

Latest one as of October 21st.
Q7GVSx7yMaA

miucus
10-22-2011, 03:11 AM
i want to build a pc for bf3. last time i built a pc was 6 years ago so i have no clue whats good. anyone have any recommendations or possibly a parts list of what you are running. i want to run bf3 on high and if possible ultra settings with a budget of $600-800.

what about a setup like this:
http://gamingrig.blogspot.com/2011/10/800-gaming-pc-october-2011.html

w0nderbr3ad
10-22-2011, 06:57 AM
its a decent setup but I have doubts you'll be playing it smoothly at the setting you want.
My graphics card alone was already around $500. My friend has an Ati card and their drivers aren't all that great. I couldn't even max out Bfbc2; had some flashing going on with max settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ravinaziankid
10-22-2011, 07:42 AM
That sucks to hear about the ATI card not running smooth, I just hope the one i got is good enough to run at medium or I really wasted my money buying it. Not sure why but people make this game sound like it's made from god and you need a $1000 card to play it at ultra or something.

ILoveMyRHS13
10-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Holy shit those newest trailers look intense! The story mode actually looks good this time around!

1on1
10-22-2011, 09:30 AM
The story mode actually looks good this time around!

Apparently, there's a pirate version of the single player that has been released. As much as I would like to play, I'll wait until release date. I did try to change the date on my computer though to see if it will bypass the release check program :D

BOROSUN
10-22-2011, 11:57 AM
That sucks to hear about the ATI card not running smooth, I just hope the one i got is good enough to run at medium or I really wasted my money buying it. Not sure why but people make this game sound like it's made from god and you need a $1000 card to play it at ultra or something.

not just running ultra but, run constant fps when the biggest shitload hits your screen, you're still popping fools nice n smooth.

misterdumby
10-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I bought the Sony PS3 wireless headset for this game... better be good.

i just bought a turtle beach headset... mines not wireless though

Flipzide
10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Apparently, there's a pirate version of the single player that has been released. As much as I would like to play, I'll wait until release date. I did try to change the date on my computer though to see if it will bypass the release check program :D

the leak is the russian version anyway. also, the time check is server side, haha.

Oh and apparently Nvidia and ATI are releasing new drivers for BF3 on the 24th.

Battlefield released a live action trailer today as well...

NAM8WO---C0

ravinaziankid
10-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Just went to best buy to preorder this, it also comes with some extra maps which is nice.

KiLLeR2001
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Check it out, Battlefield 4 Trailer!!!

mV-gnh1En6E

lololol

BOROSUN
10-22-2011, 07:59 PM
^fuck that camera guy. he's flagging everbody. lol

1on1
10-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Honestly, I think Battlefield 3 just set a new standard for FPS games.

ILoveMyRHS13
10-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Honestly, I think Battlefield 3 just set a new standard for FPS games.
Yeah, I think they will finally knock Call of Duty off of it's high horse.

lawrenceyang
10-22-2011, 09:47 PM
just bought : GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560 OC Ed. 1GB GDDR5 PCIe Video Card and FREE Batman Arkham City Game Download Coupon Promo Bundle at TigerDirect.com (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?Edpno=1284271)

with the 20 dollars off its 179, 2 day shipping was 14, came out around 194 but will a) be here on the 25th, b) has a 20 mail in rebate, c) can sell the batman game it comes with on ebay for ~25 making the card end up being around 155 total

FRpilot
10-22-2011, 10:20 PM
just bought : GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560 OC Ed. 1GB GDDR5 PCIe Video Card and FREE Batman Arkham City Game Download Coupon Promo Bundle at TigerDirect.com (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?Edpno=1284271)

with the 20 dollars off its 179, 2 day shipping was 14, came out around 194 but will a) be here on the 25th, b) has a 20 mail in rebate, c) can sell the batman game it comes with on ebay for ~25 making the card end up being around 155 total

batman pretty dope game from what i heard. i need to get it,

1on1
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Battlefield 3 Countdown - BF3 Open Beta and Final Release! (http://bf3timer.com/)

I'll be playing late tonight :D

w0nderbr3ad
10-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Shit yea! Excited..but I ordered a physical copy from Amazon..so I gotta wait. Damn.

S14DB
10-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Can't wait for all my unlocks!

240Shwag
10-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I waited a little too long, but I ordered an SSD and a GTX580 earlier today. I should be playing by this weekend. The rest of my system could use some sprucing up, but this should make it playable fo sho. Time to sell the xbox I guess.

w0nderbr3ad
10-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I waited a little too long, but I ordered an SSD and a GTX580 earlier today. I should be playing by this weekend. The rest of my system could use some sprucing up, but this should make it playable fo sho. Time to sell the xbox I guess.

you won't be disappointed with the 580. Don't forget to update your drivers. I need another 580 to run in sli

240Shwag
10-24-2011, 09:17 PM
you won't be disappointed with the 580. Don't forget to update your drivers. I need another 580 to run in sli

Thanks!
I'm currently running an AMD/ATI card, so I won't have any other choice lol.

1on1
10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Release in T-minus 42-minutes for me!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/314324_2476053591157_1546993552_32582056_379718888 _n.jpg

Tidashoni
10-24-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm in line waiting for my ps3 copy at GameStop

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Just looked at the server browser... wow at the maps available... Going to be fun to play all those maps!!