PDA

View Full Version : Enthalpy rom needs a retune-any opinion on which direction to take?

bluemax
09-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I just added cams and now it's rich around 4-5k. I hate down time so I'm thinking of adding an AFC (should I just send it back to Enthalpy?).

Or should I just go in a totally different direction? Power fC?

set up is 2871/740cc/z32maf

Z33dori
09-08-2008, 10:35 PM
just send enthalpy your ECU with list of what was on your car and what is on your car now.. and have it reflashed... i thinks its like 100-125 bucks

Osmosis
09-08-2008, 11:39 PM
From the enthalpy web site...

" I offer zero downtime re-flashes for existing customers. If you need a reflash I will send out a
new program to you so that you don't have to wait. All that I ask is that you drop the old chip back by...UPS ground."

Racing Service Enthalpy (http://www.rs-enthalpy.com/)

mrbells
09-09-2008, 12:35 AM
i personally am dealing with enthalpy and having a bad time. Got my ECU tuned for 272 cams z32 maf 550 injectors. And nothing has gone good. 6 hours before i left to go to track ecu fried making the fuel pump not turn on. Now the other day it went out again.

However, my buddy did his same time as mine and is having a good time with his. Im just really unlucky. Im going powerfc or better!!!

sunnys14
09-09-2008, 01:08 AM
I sent him 4 emails regarding a retune over a period of 3 weeks. He never replied. Its always like this...

His customer service sucks lately.

importdude
09-09-2008, 01:56 AM
i dont know about "lately"

i read numerous threads asking for a way to contact him and it took forever

FaLKoN240
09-09-2008, 02:00 AM
i personally am dealing with enthalpy and having a bad time. Got my ECU tuned for 272 cams z32 maf 550 injectors. And nothing has gone good. 6 hours before i left to go to track ecu fried making the fuel pump not turn on. Now the other day it went out again.

However, my buddy did his same time as mine and is having a good time with his. Im just really unlucky. Im going powerfc or better!!!

My ecu fried the first time i was using it, causing the fuel pump not to prime.

You just gotta be patient, and MAKE SURE YOU GROUND YOURSELF BEFORE PLAYING AROUND IN YOUR ECU!

But yeah Scott will get your back, just gotta make sure your shit is tight, and be patient!

Geno750
09-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Scott is pretty busy, you may want to try getting a hold of Epstein, he is usually quicker to respond.

500Coupe
09-09-2008, 02:34 AM
So far I have had nothing but superb service and communication from Scott...and this was in the month of Aug.

He replied to everyone of my questions in a timely manner and I received my ECU even sooner than I had expected, in perfectly working condition. Maybe I just caught him at the right time.....I dunno...

bluemax
09-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I emailed Enthalphy about a reflash so hopefully I will hear back from him soon. I guess he's really busy sometimes.

Last time I got the tune via Heavythrottle because I didn't hear back from Enthalphy. I paid a little more going through h.throttle but I was happy with the result. It was plug and play without a fuss.

Who is Epstein and how do I contact him?

Time will tell ....

jspaeth
09-09-2008, 09:20 AM
oh the joys of having a ROM tune and having to send your ECU out every single time you change something.

OBEEWON
09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
I had a great expirience the first time I got a ROM from Enthalpy. The second time was a nightmare (blank chip). Enough for me to never go through him again. He does have a full time so Its understandable that he gets busy. But I lost so much money and wasn't satisfied with the solution.

I now have the best rom tuner on the East Coast. Smelly240 for prez.

idahotuner
09-09-2008, 09:34 AM
i am happy with my rom tune from enthalpy.

smelly240
09-09-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm gonna blush...

:wiggle:

Geno750
09-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I emailed Enthalphy about a reflash so hopefully I will hear back from him soon. I guess he's really busy sometimes.

Last time I got the tune via Heavythrottle because I didn't hear back from Enthalphy. I paid a little more going through h.throttle but I was happy with the result. It was plug and play without a fuss.

Who is Epstein and how do I contact him?

Time will tell ....

Epstein is the guy doing a majority of the rom tunes for Scott. In fact, he does almost all of the rom tunes for Heavythrottle. Just google epstien, he goes by that name on almost every forum he is on except this one. He checks FA often, I'd try there.

bluemax
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I may need a little more help now.

Enthalphy has not reply so I email H.Throttle and they gave me some advice. I told them I changed from stock cams to Tomei 260i/270e with valve springs upgrade. I also changed the intake, still keeping z32 maf but going with a larger and smoother pipe verses stock before. I also gave them the most recent dyno graph to look at and he said

it wasn't the tune. :(

I did have a boost leak and spark issues during the dyno run.

So am I a tooth off? Boost Leak? Timing?

The car runs strong except for the 4-5k rpm range. Anything beyond ~25% throttle around 4-5k, the car would break up. Beyond 5k and below 4, the car runs fine.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/maxwinde/IMG.jpg