PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Track Meet - Updated

tnord
01-12-2003, 11:47 PM
::: please sticky this mods :::

apparantly mark and irena have decided to drop this idea.........if there is still LEGITIMATE support for this, i might be willing to take it over.

i'm gonna need a 95% commitment from 15-20 people before i decide to run with it though.

ok......dates i CAN NOT do it..........

anything before june is out

these dates i already have events:
june21
july 26
august 16
august 31
sept 1
sept 13
sept 27

MAM's calendar says "roadcourse open" (not sure exactly what that means)on:
august 16/17 (sat/sun)
sept 13/14 (sat/sun)
oct 25/26 (sat/sun)

days we might be able to double up with other groups:
june 28/29 -- BMWCCA Drivers School -- HIGHLY unlikely
aug 9/10 -- central iowa mustang club -- possible
aug 22/23/24 -- says "central road racing association" --maybe a local body that would give us a group rate, good potential here
oct 18/19 -- says HPM/Pacific pals, could be a corporate day, who knows

those are our options. i really don't give a rats ass about national convention as i doubt people in our area are driving out there anyway. i think racers are more interested in this anyway.

EDIT: i suppose i would skip one of my events to attend if necessary.

Evil S14
01-13-2003, 04:32 PM
To all those midwest/indy people, i thought itd be great if we could meet up this spring, im shooting for April 25-27, because thats when the rx7 revolution is in town and we can all hang out together as a big RWD import family, im a little sketchy on details, this is just an idea, so any suggestions would be great

KiDyNomiTe
01-13-2003, 08:45 PM
About the rex revolution, I threw that idea of mixing together with some other cars, but most were skeptical, but they might agree for the purposes of money.

They seem to be doing real good right now, they are getting some guy from apexi to come and tune cars on a first come first serve basis, and they are gonna have some nice as cars there (plenty of single turbos:D ).

I will be going to the revolution with a couple of FD people (one of em is my friend), the rest are just some people with some bad ass cars.

If you want I can go and ask around and see if they wouldn't mind us joining in.

But would you guys be interested in going to Indy.

The only problem, is the way they set up thier schedule, it seems like everything is setup for rx7s.

Friday, April 25th, 2003
6 - 11 PM Check-In/Registration
6 - 11 PM Meet and Greet
Evening Local Dinner

Saturday, April 26th, 2003
9 - 10 am Check-In/Registration
11 am - 3 pm IRP Drag Racing
11 - 11:45 am RX7 Seminar #1 Topic: TBA
12 noon - 12:45 pm RX7 Seminar #2 Topic: TBA
12 noon - 2 pm Catered Lunch @ Track
1 - 1:45 pm RX7 Seminar #3 Topic: TBA
2 - 2:45 pm RX7 Seminar #4 Topic: TBA
3 - 4 pm RX7 Battles
6 pm - ??? Dinner/Downtown Cruise

Sunday, April 27th, 2003
9 - 10 am Breakfast - Giveaways
10:30 am Hotel Checkout
11 am - ??? Indianapolis 500 Museum Tour/Infield Parking

Also by looking at who preregisterd, they have a very large amount (151 people). Plus I think the only racing they are doing is drag racing, so umm chances of joing with them are very slim.

Wish we could get a turnout like that.

thelinja
01-13-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Evil S14
To all those midwest/indy people, i thought itd be great if we could meet up this spring, im shooting for April 25-27, because thats when the rx7 revolution is in town and we can all hang out together as a big RWD import family, im a little sketchy on details, this is just an idea, so any suggestions would be great
Sounds like a plan, count me in.

tnord
01-14-2003, 03:36 AM
can we say thread hi-jack?

KiDyNomiTe
01-14-2003, 12:48 PM
You can have your thread back tnord, cuz i talked to one of the organizers and he said its a strictly rotary/rx7 event, you would only be allowed as a guest to come and watch.