PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Hip Hop

HyperTek
09-03-2008, 06:43 PM
man im depressed... i feel hip hop orignally died when the crunk scene entered the game... when lil jon first screamed over a track.. when the dirty souf entered the game.. this invented and open the doors for talentless rappers to pop up with thier own dances and pointless lyrics.

a recent flood of rappers who arent that bad, then dudes like plies who i cant even look at without wonderin who gave him a record deal...

i never was a fan of nelly but now i can appreciate him because his recent stuff he shows that he is really mature. i like artists like tpain who are creative etc..

dj khalid dont even rap he just screams "we da best n*gga!!" and in every video all his songs sound the same.

we need more innovators like andre 3000, dmx before he fucked up etc.... i wanna see groups like kids in the hall come up

DUFFM4N
09-03-2008, 06:45 PM
this thread....

....it sucks

ive heard this crybaby shit over and over and over and over again

rainier
09-03-2008, 06:47 PM
You're right. but good job on anyone who can come up like that. even if they arent creating tracks the way it should* be.

just don't listen to the radio, there are still plenty of artists who keep it real.

but everyone has talked about this before. last time i remember was the ice t thread

YoungGun
09-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I like Plies and Dj Khaled though.

WE DA BEST!

that does get annoying though.

DUFFM4N
09-03-2008, 06:51 PM
everytime there's a thread with a rapper...it goes to the same subject over and over...its boring...i see it this way....

listen/buy to the music you enjoy, and not worry about who else is out there making "shitty tracks" usually the process of natural selection seems to weed out the the one's who cant hang (sell records)

in the words of gene simmons "the whole record industry is dead, thanks to the internet"

HyperTek
09-03-2008, 06:53 PM
for his age souljaboy is rackin mad cash...

the reciepe now is anything club banga gets the cash tho... no more head bopin music.

i know im workin on a demo but my pc is down so i cant ccut anything right now..

i dont know if its the difference in generations, i grew up in the 90s and the late 90s was still alot of good commercial rap.

sked707
09-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah alot of the new hiphop SUCKS, agreed. I stay happy hearing my ol' school shit..erick b & rakim, cypress hill, mobb deep and such

ESmorz
09-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm a milli milli milli milli milli milli milli....

Just don't listen to the radio.

You can listen to other mainstream shit that's good. Aesop, Del, Murs, Sage... the list goes on and on. Be happy there are people still creating good "hip hop". So what if you don't hear it on the radio, or in the clubs, or in the backseat of some beezies Jetta.

All that matters is you can go home and you're one click away from salvation.

BustedS13
09-03-2008, 06:55 PM
east coast = real (except 50)
west coast = gay
south = gay

FITE FITE FITE!!!!11!!

SlideWell
09-03-2008, 06:56 PM
every time i feel like you are i listen to some All Eyez On Me, X-Raided, Wu_tang and whatnot. even E-40 went along with it all, cuz i mean really, he sold out to what the crowds really wanted to hear and he wanted to make money. so take it how it is i guess.

HyperTek
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
its jus no one in the media beefs or says shit anymore... so wack stuff is allowed to come out..

Mangudai
09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
People really irk the hell out of me with this whole "its dead" none sense. Sure, you may not be able to turn on the TV and find "real" rap(what ever that means, right?). But its there. There is a lot of it actually and it never left. But like I said, you cant really find it on TV or the radio so much nowadays like you could in the 90's. You cant break it down to regions either because everywhere has talent. It may not be your cup of tea but that doesn't mean it sucks, just means its not for you. This is something else I think people get misconstrued.

SlideWell
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
its jus no one in the media beefs or says shit anymore... so wack stuff is allowed to come out..

yeaaa, u know if pac and biggie were still around, half these guys wouldnt be around :snoop:
come to think of it, prison/county time got a lot worse as well.

ESmorz
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
yeaaa, u know if pac and biggie were still around, half these guys wouldnt be around :snoop:

2pac was a pussy.

Yeah I said it.

:coolugh:

BustedS13
09-03-2008, 07:02 PM
2pac was a pussy.

Yeah I said it.

:coolugh:

i'd like to high five you and hand feed you a sandwich

ESmorz
09-03-2008, 07:04 PM
On another note.

Sea otters are fucking awesome

http://www.sjteach.org/otter_eating.jpg

YouTube - Sage Francis - Sea Lion (Feat Alias, Saul Williams) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffumeEaYOI)

sked707
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey bro don't be depressed. Just listen to the stuff that makes you happy, F**k the radio & don't support wack ass shit!

Phlip
09-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I am only posting in this thread to say I am sick and tired of hearing the bitching about hip hop being dead.
Listen to what you want to listen to, ignore the bullshit.
Median and LEGACY said it best; "2-sided coin, live and let live."

... I am done with this thread, bitch among yourselves.

Matej
09-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Actually all the beefin was super dumb and it makes rappers look like crybabies who have to take everything 100% seriously otherwise they'd loose their tough guy image. Everyone feels the need to show how bad they are, that's why hiphop is associated with violence and looked down upon. Dudes need to learn to laugh things off and go back to making music instead of leaving flaming dawg poop on each other's doorsteps. Although most of the rappers who talk trash on each other suck anyway, the intelligent guys make good music, it's easy to tell who they are.

HyperTek
09-03-2008, 07:25 PM
thats the thing... so many people shrug it off and listen to whatever without wanting to change the game... id love to see an improvement. of course i bump the shit out of 10 year old songs on my zune.. people here say "then dont listen to it" or to ignore it... that jus allows more crap to come out.

some good artists you dont hear on the radio or tv cuz they dont have a dance song, which then u turn to the internet and perhaps illegal downloads just to find em...

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey Hyper, I agree with you 100% but isn't it funny how OLD we feel when we talk about it. "back in my day, now THAT was music, not that gobbldygook they have today"

Now go wash your pussy

theronin
09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
who is to say that this isnt the natural evolution of the game? the ebb and flow of hip hop. just cause you dont like it doesnt mean that its killing hip hop. thats such an overused term anyways. listen to what you like.

lflkajfj12123
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
milli is an epic track despite its genre

its a crunked out beat thats for sure

but seriously who cares?? those who really do enjoy hip hop continue to make good hip hop but they're not in the lime light

if you're a true hip hop fan you know hip hop is not dead

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
who is to say that this isnt the natural evolution of the game? the ebb and flow of hip hop. just cause you dont like it doesnt mean that its killing hip hop. thats such an overused term anyways. listen to what you like.
no, it really has gone to shit. Kiddies like Barney, does that make his music good? nope.

HyperTek
09-03-2008, 07:50 PM
of course...
it could be the "generation" issue that some feel whatever gen they fit in is what they like.. i like the generation when lyrical delivery sold a song so i can be biased to only perfer that style/sound, thats my idea of hip hop music.

Mi Beardo es Loco
milli is an epic track despite its genre

its a crunked out beat thats for sure

but seriously who cares?? those who really do enjoy hip hop continue to make good hip hop but they're not in the lime light

Vinny Paz, ftw

ESmorz
the lime light

But Hip Hop is dead if there aren't good artists in the media isn't that right?

99% of all popular music has always sucked. Hip Hop is no exception.

:2f2f:

qwikspool
09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
hip hop got into mainstream too much. just in for the money. more for the bling and what you got. is not the struggle anymore, poetry, and how life is.
there are still good rappers out there but mostly the underground guys.

theronin
09-03-2008, 07:53 PM
no, it really has gone to shit. Kiddies like Barney, does that make his music good? nope.

does that make his music good to who? i bet the countless children that listen to it love the music, as well as their parents who use it to distract their little ones for a brief few minutes. JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT CARE FOR IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT HIP HOP IS DEAD.

ESmorz
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
I will rest my case at this...

If a white kid from a small shit town full of other white kids can find good hip hop. It's not dead.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
of course...
it could be the "generation" issue that some feel whatever gen they fit in is what they like.. i like the generation when lyrical delivery sold a song.
no, you're right. I miss Biggies story telling. Hip hop artists becoming sex symbols ruined the industry. They pass over the talented to go after the handsome. But it's going to turn into another 90's type era where rock will outsell hip hop so better music will need to be made eventually. They are just putting stuff out there so fast not caring if it's crap or not because they know it will be flying off the shelves.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
does that make his music good to who? i bet the countless children that listen to it love the music, as well as their parents who use it to distract their little ones for a brief few minutes. JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT CARE FOR IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT HIP HOP IS DEAD.
It's not dead, it's just in the hospital with mono.

thestreetzking
09-03-2008, 07:57 PM
from my point of view.. i shaved the antenna so i dont have a radio.. ipod and old school shit like wu-tang, az, nas, ghost face, nothing really past 2000.. but every once in a while theres a song i like so i cant complain

ESmorz
I see your Hip Is Dead

and raise you Bluegrass Is Dead

theronin
It's not dead, it's just in the hospital with mono.

i think what really happened is our societies complacent attitude with what hip hop used to portray. it used to be shunned upon to talk about money, bitches, and killin each other. now it has become popular by suburbia's standards. how about we just nuke all the poser wannabe whitebois?

JeremyR
09-03-2008, 08:02 PM
real hip hop is not dead.

the only thing thats "dead" is "good" commercial rap.
and i say it like that becuase what was good to us in the 90s isnt good to the kids today. times change, styles change. people change.

"real" hip hop, underground hip hop, i guess you could say "indie" hip hop. has always been around and WILL always be around.

quit bitchin that there is nothing good on the radio and blah blah blah. good music IS out there. quit being lazy and go find it yourself.

TheSquidd
09-03-2008, 08:03 PM
f
i know im workin on a demo but my pc is down so i cant ccut anything right now..

HOLY FUCK JESUS CHRIST I'd pay thirty dollars just to HEAR that.

And um. Quit bitching. Hip hop is flimsy. It's no fucking mystery. There's some good stuff, sure. But believe me, 99% of the people involved in Hip Hop aren't involved for the "art" or whatever. Unlike most any other musical genre, Hip Hop is a get-rich-quick scheme. They're in it to make a quick buck.

Because stupid hits like Souljah Boy or whatever the fuck its called make MILLIONS of dollars, all that does is inspire a million other shallow, crappy "artists" to come out sounding just the same.

As long as 12" sub-woofers are cheap, and fucking Vatos and posers can buy them for their Hondas and Escalades, Hip Hop will, and will always be, commercial garbage made up of catchy beats and repetitive lyrics you and your fucking lame ass homies can try to remember while you drive around "crunk" off a "40". (with rare exception.)

And people whining about the good old days are annoying. There never was any good old days, you just only remember the good old music. There was, and will always be, CRAP music proliferated in mainstream media. You just don't remember any of it.

murda-c
09-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok i didn't wanna have to do this.

But My album drops october 1st, cop it.

I made it on fruityloops and i made my voice sound real deep.

MikeisNissan
09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Hip hop has been dead to me.

HyperTek
09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
squidds point comes off sounding like he dislikes hiphop and stereotypes it so get out of this thread please. if ur not a true fan, you wont understand. good thing we dont have the rep system nemore cuz i know id catch some neg rep from u cuz our ideas are so different.

i can really see this thread getting closed down because of all the negative responses towards my opinion. its fine people dont agree, but we could say it more maturely.

i should have said mainstream hiphop is more shallow then ever, and is a good debate as to the influence of urban youth/lifestyle.

pleae people stop saying " so what?" thats been said by others in the thread. come at me with valid reasons that souljaboys music is good besides its popular with the kiddies.

S13shaka
09-03-2008, 08:28 PM
hip hop is only dead to the ones that get their music from TV, radio, and popular media streams. Everyone that supports mainstream music killed the industry because you all would rather get spoonfed the new beat of the week talking superfulous nonsense then go out and support your local scene.

underground hip-hop is alive and well, and if you dont understand the scene you never will

TheSquidd
09-03-2008, 09:01 PM
squidds point comes off sounding like he dislikes hiphop and stereotypes it so get out of this thread please.

No?

I do dislike Hip Hop as a genre. It's inherently commercialized. It's not a new thing. It's just the culture of Hip Hop. I still listen to it. But as a genre I find it to be one of the shallowest as a whole, with very few artists in it for... well... the art. It's not like I dismiss the genre as a whole, I would say a good 30% of my massive music library is devoted to hip hop artists.

Good thing we dont have the rep system nemore cuz i know id catch some neg rep from u cuz our ideas are so different.

Uh wat. I'd neg rep you because this thread is lame and repetitive and offers nothing new in terms of information relevant to the topic on which it is founded. I'd also neg rep you for even bringing up hypothetical neg-repping because it's fucking stupid. And irrelevant.

It also irks me that you still have this 12 year old comprehension of how commercial music works. Radio, media, television, MTV, blah blah blah are all BUSINESSES. They don't care what you think is "legit" or "revolutionary". They care what you buy.

And people buy catchy fucking songs with catchy fucking beats. This has been true for oooooooh... what is it now... 50+ years? Underground hip hop is underground because it's not marketable to a large demographic. As a majority, "good" hip hop is not the kind of music that makes money. So some artist comes out with a song that resonates with millions of people. It's got a decent beat and the lyrics are simple enough that people can remember them, they go buy the album, which of course sucks, but too bad, they bought it. Boom, crappy hip hop just made tens of millions of dollars.

Johnny Doe hears said song, realizes crappy hip hop artist just made a bazillion dollars from one crappy song with like, 4 lines of actual writing and no lyrical or vocal talent what so ever. Johnny Doe and A MILLION others just like him, proceed to make carbon copy music of Crappy Hip Hop artist.

NOTHING you will EVER do will EVER change any of that. No amount of incessant whining, elitist reminiciing or forum blathering will change that.

What changes that is if society as a WHOLE, develops a bad taste for catchy songs they can remember and shake their ass to. This will never be the case.

Society is not listening to hip hop for the same reason you are. They are not looking for good storytelling. They're looking for something to numb the pain of sitting in traffic on the 405 or to buzz in the background at the local club while they look for someone to pound them in the ass.

i can really see this thread getting closed down because of all the negative responses towards my opinion. its fine people dont agree, but we could say it more maturely.

I think people just don't think this thread is very valid. Your arguments thus far have been largely vague, as has been the entire basis of this thread. We've heard this same crap a thousand times before. And the answer is always the same, shut up. Buy music you want to support. Don't buy what you don't want to support. What the fuck else do you want from all this?

i should have said mainstream hiphop is more shallow then ever, and is a good debate as to the influence of urban youth/lifestyle.

That's not a debate. That's a general fact. It will continue to get shallower and shallower as time goes on because Hip Hop, commercial Hip Hop, is in itself, a shallow genre. Basically you just agreed with what I said, does that mean you should get out of this thread too?

pleae people stop saying " so what?" thats been said by others in the thread.

Please stop complaining about something by starting a topic without providing CRAP for information on the topic at hand. Please stop asking people not to voice their opinions. Please stop fucking skipping the G key when you're typing a word ending in I N G. Please stop spelling any more N E M O R E. FUCK, you're a GROWN MAN, learn to type for Christ's sake. Please don't respond to my (IMHO) valid opinion with crappy, dismissive comments.

come at me with valid reasons that souljaboys music is good besides its popular with the kiddies.

What an EASY side to take, wow how daring! You dare challenge Souljah Boy!? Brave. You truly are the crusader for good hip hop by being the ONE MAN to say Souljah Boy is crap.

Just for the sake of argument, I will argue that.

Souljah Boy (or whatever that song is called) IS a good song. You hear it one time, and you know the lyrics. BAM, the next time it comes on, you can sing a long with it, people LOVE to sing a long to music.

It also has a pretty catchy beat. The little steel drum sound, the guys in the background going YOOOU (if you don't know the lyrics, look! you can sing a long to that then! people love to sing a long!)

Your turn. Tell me what makes Souljah Boy's song so bad. (FYI I think it's terrible. Just trying to have a decent discourse here to see if Hypertek really is as smart as he claims to be.)

Also, just send me that demo ASAP on CD. Really wanna bump that shit in my car.

-Squidd

ESmorz
09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Squidd really brought the gun to the knife fight.

Now use those premie powers for good.

:lockd:

lflkajfj12123
09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
squidd won

i like boyz

teheheeeee

ALTRNTV
09-03-2008, 10:10 PM
http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Nas---Hip-Hop-is-dead-psd3094.png

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs15/300W/f/2007/099/4/7/Hip_Hop_Been_Dead_by_UCArts.jpg

Enough with this shit. If you don't like the current trend
in music, then don't listen to it. This topic has been beaten
to death. Hate it or not, the songs these days are to MAKE
MONEY. Trust me, if you had the connects these people had,
I'm sure you'd be making the same damn type of songs for the
MONEY. It's all the money game now.

ESmorz
09-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I blame Metallica.

Om1kron
09-03-2008, 10:14 PM
if you're not a rapper, then shut the fuck up. Hip Hop is not emo music, so don't project your emoness onto it.

nesianwarrior
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
hip hop is not dead, just gotta know where to look.

Kn1ves
09-03-2008, 10:34 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1057/1183969531_677e45222d.jpg
CREAM

not a hard concept

ALTRNTV
09-03-2008, 10:36 PM
^
Wow. Been awhile since I've seen you post. hahaha

soreballz
09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I see your Hip Is Dead

and raise you Bluegrass Is Dead
Fade To Bluegrass FTW.

That is all.

:tinhat:

HyperTek
09-04-2008, 12:37 AM
wow squidd took the time to reply =)

guess u guys dont like debates.. u guys killed my thread for startin to bitch at me.

thanks to the guys here who contributed to the thread and not bitch about it being brought up.. theres probably only been 2-3 hip hop threads this past year on zilvia.... and sadly all have been very touchy subjects.

ESmorz
09-04-2008, 12:40 AM
wow squidd took the time to reply =)

guess u guys dont like debates.. u guys killed my thread for startin to bitch at me.

thanks to the guys here who contributed to the thread and not bitch about it being brought up.. theres probably only been 2-3 hip hop threads this past year on zilvia.... and sadly all have been very touchy subjects.

w3 Iz ZiLvIa wE doNtZ dEb8

ALTRNTV
09-04-2008, 12:55 AM
theres probably only been 2-3 hip hop threads this past year on zilvia.... and sadly all have been very touchy subjects.

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/210334-yung-bergs-chain-got-jacked-lol-2.html
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/207236-lil-wayne-vs-nas.html
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/204844-ice-t-vs-soulja-boy.html
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/204484-get-silleeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.html
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/191349-top-25-worst-rappers-according-yahoo.html

PF ALL DAY
09-04-2008, 01:04 AM
east coast = real (except 50)
west coast = gay
south = gay

FITE FITE FITE!!!!11!!

Go ahead and talk shit about the West Coast in your little house on the prairie, Kansas Boy. You'll never know SHIT about Hip Hop!

HyperTek
09-04-2008, 01:04 AM
simoun i wuv u lol oh i missed the lil wayne vs nas thread i think.. but those where more centered towards an individual artist(s)

ESmorz
09-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Go ahead and talk shit about the West Coast in your little house on the prairie, Kansas Boy. You'll never know SHIT about Hip Hop!

http://videodetective.com/photos/655/027531_9.jpg

origin_s135
09-04-2008, 01:55 AM
i can't hate on the rap game because i don't look down on rappers that are trying to make a come up; i respect that. some of these guys hustle hard just to get where they're at[look at jay-z for example].

Ace Callaway
09-04-2008, 02:21 AM
The best.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/Bruno6913/wu-tang.jpg

Only the strong survive. Of course there will always be "one hitters", but the best will always dominate. Look at that facts.

WERDdabuilder
09-04-2008, 02:28 AM
hip hop is not dead. only dead in the main stream.

shit gets commercialized, who cares? its all about paypuh chasin'

if you don't like whats on the radio turn the dial. pop in a cd.

Kn1ves
09-04-2008, 03:53 AM
YouTube - Tom Green Owns Xzibit in Freestyle Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebi-_o_3dgs)

Hip hop is dead cuz Tom Green just shot it in the head

ESmorz
09-04-2008, 04:06 AM
YouTube - Tom Green Owns Xzibit in Freestyle Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebi-_o_3dgs)

Hip hop is dead cuz Tom Green just shot it in the head

And then used the hole in it's head as a toilet seat.

stiizy
09-04-2008, 07:12 AM
I like Plies and Dj Khaled though.

WE DA BEST!

that does get annoying though.

You can't be fucking serious i hope to God ya joking!!!

I am only posting in this thread to say I am sick and tired of hearing the bitching about hip hop being dead.

... I am done with this thread, bitch among yourselves.

True that Phlip it's like every 3 weeks there's a hip hop thread and always ends up with the same who versus who and this is gay and that's gay...

Fuck the way i feel you don't like it dont play it, how hard is that??

PBucch
09-04-2008, 07:16 AM
MY GOD THIS SQUIDD

BREAKIN HEARTS, slammin fools.

RIP Hypertek

DUFFM4N
09-04-2008, 08:11 AM
MY GOD THIS SQUIDD

BREAKIN HEARTS, slammin fools.

RIP Hypertek

yes...RIP hypertek....maybe he'll leave me his car in his will, so it will actually get drifted :snoop:

Antihero983
09-04-2008, 08:23 AM
The Streets
Lady Sovereign
Common
Styles of Beyond
Jay-Z
Blackalicious
MF Doom

Thsoe are just some of the reasons I believe hip hop isn't dead. and yes the first two are UK artists. deal with it.

HyperTek
09-04-2008, 09:39 AM
closing my own thread because some of you are close minded to the subject... and dont even fuckin contribute to the topic or even know shit what your talking about. change the game.