PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Temp gauge? S14

jaykemurd
09-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I was recently fiddling around with my gauge cluster and thought I'd messed up my coolant temp gauge. When I reinstalled the cluster, it no longer worked. Won't move a bit. So I picked up a new cluster, thinking that'd solve the problem.....but it didn't. It's not the cluster.

The gauge was working fine before I pulled the cluster. Didn't mess with the wiring harness any....

I've got the FSM and looked it up. I know it's possible to diagnose this problem, but I can't seem to understand the process. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've either got bad wiring, or a bad sensor.

Finally, my question is:

How can I diagnose this problem? Which wires/plugs should I check to make a determination?

I'm really hoping it's not the sensor.....I've got an RB25 S2 under the hood!:sadwavey:

jaykemurd
09-04-2008, 10:09 PM
No insight?

I've looked all over and can't seem to find any resolve.

sbc
09-04-2008, 10:18 PM
That water temp gauge on the cluster is junk and really not worth causing grief. If you cant just get an actual water temp gauge (my VDO was like $50 and works great), find the two temp sensors and test the resistance of the one blade type sensor. I'm not familiar with the rb motors so check your fsm for the resistance you should be getting.

jaykemurd
09-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Got a bit of an update....

Still not movement from the coolant temp gauge.
But apparently my fuel gauge isn't working. Didn't run out of gas, luckily, but noticed the needle staying in one spot (slightly above 1/2 tank).
As with the temp gauge, the fuel gauge worked fine before.

Fuses are good, and I can't seem to pinpoint any particular wiring issue....this sucks.