PDA

View Full Version : G35 forums/websites - New car choices/opinions

Yoshi
09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi all!
Work and life-stuffs have taken over all my time, even 240-time :(
A bandmate of mine just bought a 06 G35 (MT of course), and I was very pleasantly surprised that the huge weight increase (vs my S13) didn't seem as big in practice as it does on paper.

As a result, I'm picking from one of these cars to add to my stable within the next few months before the snow comes (I should note this is IN ADDITION TO -not replacing- my S13):
- 2006-2008 G35 Coupe (MT only)
- 2007-present Mitsubishi Endeavor
- 2006-Present FX35

(note: The car being replaced is my Honda Passport, thus whichever vehicle I get must be able to tow the 240 and have a decent amount interior room.)

Right now I'm heavily leaning toward the Endeavor for 3 main reasons:
- it's a directly class replacement for my Passport but superior to it in every category
- my wife will be the primary drivers of this vehicle
- It's by far the cheapest (about 1/2-2/3 as much as either the G or FX) and can carry the most, whether it's towing, cargo space, or passenger room.

Cliff Notes:
- vehicle opinions? I'm buying one of these and like them ALL but I need to be sure I'm getting the right vehicle for hte right reasons... this is in addition to my S13, and i have my 73 Ventura as my DD, so that chnages what most people's answers SHOULD be...

- Zilvia is the defacto standard for S-chassis... what's the Infiniti/G/FX counterpart?

(thanks for listening to my babble)

fliprayzin240sx
09-02-2008, 06:43 PM
So wait im confused, did you get a G35 already? Or you thinking of getting a G35 and using that to TOW a 240?!?! You got the G35, the endevour and the FX listed, and you want to tow your S-chassis. Why would you try to use a G35 to tow a car???

Id use the FX to tow, I dont trust the endeavour to do jack shit. If you get an FX, get the V8.

Yoshi
09-03-2008, 01:48 PM
So wait im confused, did you get a G35 already? Or you thinking of getting a G35 and using that to TOW a 240?!?! You got the G35, the endevour and the FX listed, and you want to tow your S-chassis. Why would you try to use a G35 to tow a car???

Id use the FX to tow, I dont trust the endeavour to do jack shit. If you get an FX, get the V8.

sorry, after re-reading I wasn't real clear.
I meant to say, a friend of mine (drummer in my band) just bought a 2006 G35, I was impressed.
IF I also bought a G35, I would not be towing the 240 w/it, I'd just up the power in my mucle car and use taht (it's been towing small trailers anyhow).

The FX45 I've almost entirely ruled out due to the bad reliability history of the Nissan V8; all bad MPG and the higher price and it's not very appealing (ok, it's still appealing enough that I test drove one when I test drove the FX35); lastly there's the fact taht this vehicle will primarily be driven by my wife, and to be 100% truthful, i'm uncomfortable with her having that much power. The 45 is a beast. A gorgeous, powerful, gas guzzling beast... no wonder I want one.

Towing: none of these cars are good for that (cept the Ventura), I've already accepted that. They're good for the once in a while lite-med tow, which is all I'd need it for anyhow. I'm not dillusional, I'd buy a truck if I really needed one, I'm so far north there's almost more trucks here than cars.

Is this just cuz u don't like Mitsu, or have u heard soemthing specific?
All info I can find on the Endeavor is overwhelmingly positive. Wife likes that it's a crossover-type, and rides like a car (vs. our old skool/truck-based, ladder frame Passport).

sub9lulu
09-03-2008, 03:41 PM
whats ur price range anyways
i just dot like mitsubishi personally
if its me i'd get toyota - FJ cruiser / nissan xterra
sounds like those are along the price of what u are looking at as well
hell theres a guy on another forum just got a 2003+ 4 runner v8 for under 13k

kyoru
09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
What about the FX35?