PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Florida

Dustxking
08-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Ok so i am leaving next week for a trip we planned a year ago for disney world with all my friends.

Yes i know we are idiots for planning it during the huricane season but we are still going we will loose our money if we dont.

So what is there to do in FL? I will be in orlando, i know that enjuku is there but they are a online based store i believe.

I would love to check out the drift part of florida since i will be away from my part of Northwest drifting.

Any cool shops/meets/places to go?

ILoveMyRHS13
08-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Chill at Enjuku and find the locals. They're pretty crazy down in the Tampa/Orlando area.

projekt_s13
08-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Get to the beaches and spit game, well if its still hot out there.

flip3d
08-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Enjuku, there's a shop called CARisma that's pretty cool, Theme Parks, Orlando Speed World, UCF car meets, girls at UCF, Cocoa Beach is 30 mins east....

There's tons of shit to do in Florida.

Bring a ton of Quarters because the 408 and 417 are pretty expensive.

Stay away from Pine Hills though.

Dustxking
08-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Stay away from pine hills lol why??

implayaz9
08-31-2008, 09:40 PM
lol.. stay away from pine hills and kissemee..crazy people~~~
i just moved to orlando from cali.. its ok not that great.. there are few performance shops but nothing big.. we have meets on tuesdays and wed but they are small and a lot of american cars.. if u wanna check out the drift scene.. i think there is a forum for florida drifters. u can find more info about drift scene as well as car scene at
www.orlandoforums.com (http://www.orlandoforums.com)

BustedS13
08-31-2008, 09:41 PM
orlando? bleh. are you free to travel? Sarasota is my favorite town in the state, right ahead of Destin. anywhere on the gulf side, really. just relax, enjoy the white sand, check out a golf course or two, go deep sea fishing, blah blah blah. i'm guessing "northwest" isn't california, so some of that might be a change of pace, i dunno. Florida is just a great place to relax.

oh, rent a jet ski and chase dolphins around.

flip3d
08-31-2008, 09:44 PM
^lol tourist :P

muddafakka
08-31-2008, 11:00 PM
There's not much to do in Orlando aside from the typical routine of going to theme parks, clubbing downtown, beaches, etc. If you just want peace and quiet, a chance to kick back and relax, Orlando really isn't the place to be. You're better off in Sarasota or St. Petersburg...just to name a few examples. If you're all about clubbing and beaches, just go straight to Miami because that's where the best is.

Some other stuff in Orlando:
-Orlando Speed World for drag racing and drifting events.

-I hear nothing but good things about CARisma...go there if you need parts.

-International Drive if you wanna get souvenirs for people, go karting, etc.

-If you like muscle cars, you can check out Old Town in Kissimmee on Friday and Saturday nights. I went there once on a Saturday and there was a shitload of cars there.

-Orange Blossom Trail for prostitutes.:bigok:

-Cape Canaveral if you wanna know about the space shuttle and stuff. They give guided tours around there.

...that's all I can remember for now.

Just some advice:
Go to places early in the morning or late in the evening. Everywhere is crowded in middle of the day, even when it's raining. Traffic is at its worst from 7-9AM and 5-7PM. Bring a lot of change and bills for toll booths. International Drive is ridiculous around noon. Tourists get robbed there all the time but honestly, it's not that bad...unless you're British. They seem to get robbed the most. Pine Hills is a bad neighborhood but it's not the worst. It's just full of fuckhead drivers (that's a given for most of FL) and shitty roads. Back to the shitty drivers, like I said they're all over in Florida. Everyone's on a cell phone and not using their turn signals. I think Miami is #2 or 3 in the U.S. with the worst. I drive through Pine Hills often and I've never had a problem. Parramore near downtown is the worst imo...that place is really shitty. Kissimmee is pretty bad too, mainly with auto theft. If you own a Honda, there's a 90% chance it might get stolen. Civics especially.

iwishiwas-all*
08-31-2008, 11:09 PM
they dont call it borelando for nutin

BustedS13
08-31-2008, 11:09 PM
^lol tourist :P

i know, right, i like to eat at The Back Porch and Tommy Bahama's >.< my parents are now snow birds of Ft. Meyers, though, so i can claim like, 1/8 residence or something -_-

shanes14
08-31-2008, 11:33 PM
come to pcb, get some marti gras beeds, and get girls to flash you.

lol

S13SilviaGirl
09-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Regional section please.