PDA

View Full Version : Since when?

rb25_s13*CHUKI
08-31-2008, 04:30 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/202434-yashio-factory-s13-coilvers-brand-new-2.html

On that thread.. S14db marked every single comment on the thread as a bump and closed It.. Since when can people not comment on ur thread without It being a bump?

Is there a new TOTAL LIMIT OF 2 PERIOD no questions asked.. I thought the bumps applied to the thread maker, Of course If he Is having his friends bump It then yea It counts as him but these seem like people Just being friendly.. Not complaining just seeing if rules changed

Do not Bump your topic more then twice, please only bump your item when your it’s at the bottom or off the page. Any items bumped more then two times will be closed. If you need to bump it more then this, then re-evaluate your item being sold and post it again.

2 BUMPS PERIOD! This is not PER DAY! Bump more than twice and it is locked.

This includes:
"pms/email sent/replied to"
"bump"
"ttt"
"all questions answered" ect.....

If you aren't reading the rules you're asking for your thread to be locked. Do not get your buddies to bump it for you either, again it will be locked.
If you thread is locked for excessive bumping, you may re-post in 3 days with new pricing. Like the site owner has stated, if you have to keep bumping, then you need to re-evaluate your pricing. And last but not least, a friendly reminder that external links to other for sale pages are not authorized:

^^^ That makes sense but who said they were all his buddies? Not complaining here just seeing If the rules changed at all..

ESmorz
08-31-2008, 04:34 PM
I see your argument, but I still don't see this ending in your favor.

YouTube - Bobby Fuller I fought the law (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXnoLAEUSQ&feature=related)

DOOK
08-31-2008, 04:44 PM
OP bumped his own thread 5 times... that still exceeds the limit

rb25_s13*CHUKI
08-31-2008, 04:45 PM
OP bumped his own thread 5 times... that still exceeds the limit

Yea should have pointed that out.. I was just saying about the other people and stuff..

rb25_s13*CHUKI
08-31-2008, 04:46 PM
I see your argument, but I still don't see this ending in your favor.

YouTube - Bobby Fuller I fought the law (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXnoLAEUSQ&feature=related)

Hahahahaha good shit ES... Just checking the rules and what not

rainier
08-31-2008, 08:51 PM
the rules are the rules.

but in that certain thread, you had no control over who bumped you and all that.
mods do what they can, but quoting everyone like that seems like S14db was just bored one day and wanted to go through all the posts and quoting them like that didnt have to happen.

Woulda went easier and you prolly would have not made a post if he just put "too many bumps" and then locked it

the rules are fair though, i hate it when too many bumps like that happen

C. Senor
09-01-2008, 01:33 AM
some of those seem like purposeful bumps by people that know the thread maker. not all but some. either way seriously way too many bumps. those threads should really be only posted in for the 2 allowable bumps and to try to contact the op in order to purchase an item. but that's my own skewed view.

mrmephistopheles
09-01-2008, 02:11 AM
No idea why AJ quoted ALL the posts, but the OP had WAY too many bumps.

S13SilviaGirl
09-01-2008, 02:14 AM
If you aren't reading the rules you're asking for your thread to be locked. Do not get your buddies to bump it for you either, again it will be locked.
If you thread is locked for excessive bumping, you may re-post in 3 days with new pricing. Like the site owner has stated, if you have to keep bumping, then you need to re-evaluate your pricing. And last but not least, a friendly reminder that external links to other for sale pages are not authorized:

^^^ That makes sense but who said they were all his buddies? Not complaining here just seeing If the rules changed at all..

It is in what you quoted. Yes, it is against the rules, but, not something that is too strictly governed here, unless it is ridiculous. Some of these lately have been getting horrid amounts of bumping...

!Zar!
09-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Such a whiny baby thread.

mrmephistopheles
09-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Such a whiny baby thread.

Mel stop calling me a baby!! :wtc:

!Zar!
09-01-2008, 02:52 AM
http://beingayaan.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/crybaby2.gif

Phlip
09-01-2008, 03:28 AM
I hear the new thing to do is start a thread instead of sending the mod in question a PM.
:lfault: :tardrim:

xpertsnowcarver
09-01-2008, 03:44 AM
i figure people who actually use the search to find something they might want are more inclined to buy then someone whose merely checking the thread out because it was recently bumped. so optimistically, the two bump rule benefits the buyer (example: less likely to get a "window shopper" versus an person acutally looking to buy).
my first thread i bumped too much, and spoke mostly with flakes. started a 2nd with more items, i only posted updates with more items or replied to questions on the thread so all can see and the result so far, ive been talking to serious buyers. so... bumps aren't even necessary.. posting a link by your sig. is probly the best way to 'advertise'.

btw yet sort of off topic, on the skyline forum, they have minimum prerequisites members must meet before one is able to sell. i thought that would be cool to have here. minimum 50 posts and 300 rep points as an example. instead of worrying if new sellers are flakes/scammers, this would help establish good seller credibility to interested members. not sure if this was thought of already, but in case it wasnt, wanted to throw that out too.

JayDee M Rolly
09-01-2008, 03:52 AM
300 rep points is overkill, being that most rep going around isnt for sales. (that is if you are talking about the current rep system, the rep power thingy.). theres alot of guys on here that have less rep than me yet have good selling rep on the private sellers forum.

xpertsnowcarver
09-01-2008, 04:00 AM
rep for sale?? you mean to get +rep, its not going around much in the sale threads? then i agree. but thats what would partly be the point. the seller is able to communicate well with others in and outside the sale thread.
300 rep is a mere example. i wouldn't know what a good minimun rep would be.

MELLO*SOS
09-01-2008, 05:24 AM
boo hoo a thread was locked, what will we ever do!

rb25_s13*CHUKI
09-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I hear the new thing to do is start a thread instead of sending the mod in question a PM.
:lfault: :tardrim:

you know what, I didn't even think of that! Never even crossed my mind. Ok thread closed. Mod pm'd..