PDA

View Full Version : s13 240 has ghosts....

handinpants
08-30-2008, 04:50 AM
so the other day i park on this hill and leave my girl in the car. i set the parking brake, run in my house. on my way out the door the girlfriend starts yelling your car is rolling, i tell her to grab the e brake, but she doesn't know what that means. I was able to get in the carand stop it just before the passenger door almost got bent forward. wedging my girl between the door and the parked car..thank goodness she was ok, thank and she saved the door front getting badly damaged, but the door bent on the hinges, and wouldn't shut.

anyways the point of this story is to see if anyone has had their ebrake/ parking brake (with no mods) just decide to drop, and what i can do to prevent this in the future?

rb25_s13*CHUKI
08-30-2008, 04:54 AM
anyways the point of this story is to see if anyone has had their ebrake/ parking brake (with no mods) just decide to drop, and what i can do to prevent this in the future?[/quote]

Get a girlfriend who knows what the e-brake Is?:keke: Leave your car In gear at all times anyways... Check your cables

thefro526
08-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Damn bro that sucks. When i got my car the e-brake wouldn't work and both of the cables were good. turns out there was something wrong with one of the calipers so the e-brake only works on one side. When I would pull it all the way up the car would start to move if push slightly, I live on a hill too. So I would check your cables and if both of those are ok then check to ensure both of the calipers are ok. But for now just leave the car is gear and use a wheel chuck under the wheels if you're parking for extended periods of time.

I10cruiser
08-31-2008, 04:14 AM
hahah whats an e-break. . .rep for her!

rebornS14
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM
its haunted. i clicked this thread and started to read the title and my computer went bezzerk. its scrolled up and down this page really fast like my mouse scroller was broken. i didnt even touch it. bury the car =P

flip3d
08-31-2008, 05:47 PM
Here's what you need to do

Get an old priest and a young priest... :P

n240sxfnatic
08-31-2008, 06:16 PM
How do you know that she didnt let it down not thinking it was that crucial and then felt stupid and denied it?

shishcabobers
08-31-2008, 06:44 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/3/6294869_427ae6a0a4.jpg
hmm...
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/content/img/f171360/Ghost.jpg
lol maybe the ghost in your car is jealous of your gf

Phlip
08-31-2008, 06:48 PM
The problem is not your car OR the parking brake, it is your girlfriend.
Get a new one before something happens to your car.

rebornS14
08-31-2008, 06:52 PM
that was probably her whole plan to MAKE you get a new car. who the hell doesnt know what a E-brake is. thats just b/s.

iHeartTheTouge
08-31-2008, 06:58 PM
maybe the spring or whatever in the handle came loose and allowed it to drop, what would cause that? ... ghosts.

related story. i drove to a friends house in my Z and pulled into his 40-50 degree inclined driveway. pulled the ebrake and set it in gear and shut off the car, when i took my foot off the brake pedal the car slowly rolled backwards cranking the engine and everything. :ugh:

blu808
08-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Get a smarter gf. jk. i have no idea what to tell you besides that.

handinpants
09-01-2008, 05:00 AM
How do you know that she didnt let it down not thinking it was that crucial and then felt stupid and denied it?

I can't be mad at her, i needed new brakes anyways . all i know is i pulled that brake up when i parked on the hill.... and the slots on the rotors wouldhave caught the brakes

fromxtor
09-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I can't believe all these replies and no one covered the real issue, when parking on a hill you alawys cut your wheels toward the curb. :doh: Thats your answer, if you would have done this your tire would have hit the curb and stopped. :bow: :bigok:

handinpants
09-04-2008, 12:28 PM
cut them like \\ or like // ? i had them like \\ but yeah. i'm going to put it in gear from now on