PDA

View Full Version : Rice???

kandyflip445
01-10-2003, 01:57 AM
Ok...everyone has seen them. Ricers. Now what exactly is everyones definition of a ricer? :D

Pic's are welcome to demonstrate points.

240racer
01-10-2003, 02:20 AM
"if it has more body modifications then my car it's rice" (most people seem to use that one)

sph33r
01-10-2003, 07:59 AM
The term Rice started with good intentions. It used to cover the cars with only meaningless mods or stickers covering the body of the car for parts they didn't have, etc... Then it slowly evolved into meaning "if I don't like it, it's rice" Unfortunately this is also known as an "opinion" but everyone seems to jump on the bandwagon and use the word Rice to describe anything and everything they don't like.

You either like it or you don't. Rice is a stupid word and I wish it were never used again unless describing food.

AKADriver
01-10-2003, 09:03 AM
http://www.riceboypage.com/what_is_riceboy/

thelinja
01-10-2003, 09:16 AM
My personal definition of rice is anyone who tries to make a slow car look fast, ie. a Ford Contour. Just the othe day I saw a contour with all kinds of stickers...including "vtec" and "NISMO."
Other aesthetic devices include wings that look like cell phone towers, primered bumpers, different colored body panels, outrageous paint scheme. Basically you look at a car and say "wow, that car LOOKS pretty fast!" But in reality it is an 18sec civic with an APC cone filter and an APC 10" exhaust tip. I also have another term called psuedo-rice. It's defined as having no body mods, and alot of performance mods, but the car is still slow. I have a friend like this. He's a really cool guy, but he gets annoying when he talks about his car. He has a 91 accord dx with 120hp stock, he added an AEM CAI, DC exhaust, and DC header, then claims 180hp at the crank..This is obviously false. He told me he could take my 240 and that he wanted to go race on some country road lined with telephone poles. I declined. He doesn't want to go to the track... there you have it.....psuedo-rice.

Bbandit
01-10-2003, 02:22 PM
rice is what i eat on daily basis... a lot more delicious if make it a fried rice... or maybe a cajun rice... mmm... im hungry

DSC
01-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Any part someone puts on their car that I don't like basically...

HippoSleek
01-10-2003, 04:09 PM
I can't tell you what it is, but I know it when I see it.

240meowth
01-10-2003, 05:16 PM
rice is what rice is, something you eat...

rice ('rIs):
the starchy seeds of an annual cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that are cooked and used for food; also : this cereal grass that occurs in southeastern Asia and is widely cultivated in warm climates for its seeds and by-products

wherezmytofu
01-10-2003, 11:17 PM
the whore term and use of "ricer" is the fact that people want ot be elistest pricks and seperat themselves from the commen everyday dontknowhowtopopmyhood driver