PDA

View Full Version : slamming my car...terrible alignment?!

HS13KLS
08-25-2008, 02:53 PM
okay so we basically all have slammed cars. but im prety surprised that when i went to get my car aligned the fronts were stuck at -2.3 camber and the rear at -4.3!!!

i wasnt there when he did the alignment.. and i know there are a TON of cars lower than mine. and my toe is dead on. what is up?, i have megan RUCA..are they just maxxed? has anyone else had this problem?

i have 04' 350z wheels (17x7.5 and 17x8)
i have adjustable everything.
stance coils
megan RUCA's
curcuit sports toe
megan tension rods
tein inner and outers
camber plates..

any help?
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/schlottachki/_MG_1380.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/schlottachki/_MG_1378.jpg

aznpoopy
08-25-2008, 03:20 PM
call up the shop and ask the guy who did your alignment

or just look at the ruca and camber plate and see if its actually maxed out

sometimes the shops dont know to use the arm instead of the bolt if you don't tell them, especially if they rarely deal with modded vehicles.

HS13KLS
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
alright i will

thanks man

ill rep you tommorrow

it says "you have given out too much rep today" ha

singlecamslam
08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Yea when you go back to the alignment shop ask them if you can watch them do it, tell them something like you want specific specs. They let me go under the car and actually show them how to do it. Has your car been in any accidents? I had a similar problems and found out i had a bent frame.

dino6192
08-25-2008, 04:31 PM
is it a lazer alignment? I just got my last one with the electronic alignment and was very impressed with how precise they can get your numbers!

HS13KLS
08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Yea when you go back to the alignment shop ask them if you can watch them do it, tell them something like you want specific specs. They let me go under the car and actually show them how to do it. Has your car been in any accidents? I had a similar problems and found out i had a bent frame.
well i bought the car a year ago..

the only thing it had done was stance coils and nismo 2 way..
the 2 way blew up on me.(due to no one changing oil and didnt set the back lash correctly.)
ill lower the car a little bit in the rear. and take it in again.
but the rucas may very well been seized. i mean i wouldnt doubt it. but what you guys said is right. i bet none of them knew how to adjust aftermarket suspension. but as for being in a wreck. i wouldnt know
i do know that the owner before me OBVIOUSLY drifted it(as do i)
and the front right like fender well has been smashed in as if he had the wheel at full lock and broke somthing..but since i bought it
i did the 5 lug, all suspension parts. and everything is new upfront..
so i dont know. ill update once i get new wheels. ha and the car is lower!

shmiddy
08-26-2008, 09:41 AM
i think you can only get a proper allingment if the car is at its stock hight. you can get pretty close but you'll never get it perfect

projectRDM
08-26-2008, 12:26 PM
i think you can only get a proper allingment if the car is at its stock hight. you can get pretty close but you'll never get it perfect

If you're only using OE adjustments. Since you failed to read though the OP has a number of adjustable aftermarket parts, giving much more room to adjust back to OE spec.

Go to a decent alignment place, the one you used apparently has never seen shit like you have on your car.

ryguy
08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Go to a decent alignment place, the one you used apparently has never seen shit like you have on your car.

Its hard to find good alignment places around here. I had the head tech at a Goodyear shop tell me that I had to call the company that made my suspension and get the alignment specs from them. He could not understand that all I wanted was for him to align the toe and camber to stock, and kept talking to me like I was a moron. Needless to say I won't go back there again.

EJ253
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
sounds like all you need is more front camber.
i dont see the problem

HS13KLS
08-26-2008, 05:44 PM
haha well i know camber doesnt eat up tire as much as toe..
umm but like the other guy said.. people around here dont know anything about aftermarket parts on cars.
i aligned it myself (just he toe) because that was easy. got it on the machine. and i was only .2 off of spec..but yea like i said once i get in there again. ill go some where else. use the advice everyone told me. IE, ask to watch them. even tell them how to adjust those ruca's.. and go from there

thank you! all!!

thefro526
08-30-2008, 09:26 AM
If you can, try to find a race shop around you that can do alignments on modified suspensions. There may not be one local but if you can find one within reasonable distance it'll be worth the drive. If all else fails go to a shop that's kinda cool and when they get to the point where they say they can't adjust it any further just get in there and do it yourself or show them how to do it.

Or as a last ditch effort, go to your local vo-tech school and see if their auto class will do it. I know my school's shop is always up for trying new things out and they do stuff for free or for cost of the products.