PDA

View Full Version : Is there ever a time for to much

fastpace
01-08-2003, 08:50 PM
I don't think I am obsessed or anything, but my brother has got me thinking. I do almost anything that is car related. Television shows, movies, autocross, video games, and etc. Whenever I am just chillin I think of cars of how I can make a certain part better or thinking about driving in general. At times I just go out and drive around town just because. I do somethings also to get my mind off of cars. I play basketball(well not lately), go to Church, spend time with friends. But I know there is more. I was wondering if yall feel the same way about cars and what do yall do besides doing car related things?

thelinja
01-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Hell Yeah! I eat, sleep and breathe cars. I too will just go driving around if I'm bored. I play GT3 all of the time. The only thing I watch on TV is F1, and that's only when it is on ABC. The only one that ever says anything to me about it is my mom. "I can't believe you're waxing that thing again Jason!! blah blah blah

DSC
01-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by thelinja
I can't believe you're waxing that thing again Jason!!

Only thing I enjoy more than cars is quoting things out of context...

AKADriver
01-08-2003, 11:40 PM
You'll go blind! (from the shiny paint reflection)

Cars pervade every part of my life. Right now I'm thinking about changing jobs or going back to school and all I keep thinking is "but what if I have to sell a car! :eek:"

camppain
01-09-2003, 02:15 AM
You need a girlfriend..........

240meowth
01-09-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by fastpace
I don't think I am obsessed or anything, but my brother has got me thinking. I do almost anything that is car related. Television shows, movies, autocross, video games, and etc. Whenever I am just chillin I think of cars of how I can make a certain part better or thinking about driving in general. At times I just go out and drive around town just because. I do somethings also to get my mind off of cars. I play basketball(well not lately), go to Church, spend time with friends. But I know there is more. I was wondering if yall feel the same way about cars and what do yall do besides doing car related things?

church goer eh? well here's my words for you...

you should not worship idols. By idols that means anything you put before God. For your case is the obsession for cars; you spend more time on your car than with God, than you are worshiping your car, which is a idol.

but yah, i feel you, i talk cars all day, play sega GT, and go out driving in windy roads for fun...

Kreator
01-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Yes, not too long ago, like somewhere last september when i started really looking into what i want, cars/specs/pricetags were the only htings on my mound. When in february i got my car, till about June-July the 240 was still the only thing on my mind. Then i decided what i want with my car and when i'm going to do it. And grew up...

Right now i'm only thinking about cars only when i'm working on mine. Also turbo kit gets lotsa attention (like maybe 1-2 hours a day total :p, or when my friend comes in and starts bugging me when the f am i gonna order those gauges :rolleyes:), but that's temporary.

Foxcolt
01-09-2003, 01:32 PM
One of my ex's was like "you spend too much time working on your car! when are you gone give me some attention??"....I dumped her:D

MorganS13
01-09-2003, 06:04 PM
i've realized my life is all about cars, girls and music... when i get tired of one i just move to another till that lets me down. its a viscous ongoing cycle i can't seem to get out of lately :(