PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Cube

Dutchmalmiss
08-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Realized there wasn't a thread about this. But ever since I heard they were finally bringin it to the states, I'm fuckin excited. The Cube's styling always attracted me. 35+ish mpg, 2500lbs, ~$14k? Count me in.

Kind of an outdated article, but here ya go:
Nissan Cube: The right angles - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/la-hy-neil30jan30,0,5837610.story)

Hey Mel, I'm assuming you know about this already, so preach on.

The '09 should be a facelifted version of this one, but you get the picture.
http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/03/Nissan_Cube_01.jpg

MrFixIt
08-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Dope.

Rims are fresh hahaha.

sxe
08-21-2008, 12:27 AM
id put an SR in there. just for a good laugh..

BustedS13
08-21-2008, 12:43 AM
they shouldn't change a goddamn thing.

RiversideS13
08-21-2008, 01:56 AM
damn the JDM version 0-60 just 14 second!

yup we need at least 1.8L for that thing

DRavenS13
08-21-2008, 02:29 AM
I'd get one.

It's cute.

S14Josh
08-21-2008, 02:51 AM
I'd get one as a daily.

Bet it does great on gas.

DreamN
08-21-2008, 03:27 AM
I like toaster ovens. Seen a few in L.A. and my jaw dropped. They're so freakin' awesome in person.

Antihero983
08-21-2008, 06:38 AM
after seeing one in england, i want one. now.

The ROMAN
08-21-2008, 07:10 AM
This looks promising, though for me I'd rather keep my truck in the backyard for moving stuff and daily something like a real kei car. Or maybe not....

ThatGuy
08-21-2008, 07:20 AM
http://www.darkeyes.jp/jpg/cube_F.jpg

stiizy
08-21-2008, 07:22 AM
^^ Hot ..

I'd daily one

s15specR
08-21-2008, 07:27 AM
They got a bunch of these in Trinidad, hooked up all sorts of way, system, rim and body kits

ThatGuy
08-21-2008, 07:27 AM
http://www.kenstyle.co.jp/img/earo/earo108_1.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2041/rral4.jpg

Mister.E
08-21-2008, 07:29 AM
ive always been a fan of the bB more than the cube. it seems like over here the bB is the toaster that men drive and the cube is the toaster that women drive. the cube looks more round/curvy like its styled for a woman, whereas i think the bB has more aggresive lines.

SW20Racer
08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
ive always been a fan of the bB more than the cube. it seems like over here the bB is the toaster that men drive and the cube is the toaster that women drive. the cube looks more round/curvy like its styled for a woman, whereas i think the bB has more aggresive lines.

first gen bB's are where its it though this new crap sucks hardcore.

the xanadu pic thatguy posted is fucking hawt too though.

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm going to be following this thing as closely as I can. What I'm really excited about it that by 2010 they are going to offer a electric version of the Cube. It'll be one of a few electric cars on the market at the time. Combine that with it's cool ass styling it's going to be HUGE for Nissan going forward.

Mister.E
08-21-2008, 07:44 AM
first gen bB's are where its it though this new crap sucks hardcore.

the xanadu pic thatguy posted is fucking hawt too though.

yeah the new bB's blow, they totally fucked up the styling on those cars. the front end looks fuckin terrible

LeftNutOfGowd
08-21-2008, 07:50 AM
It's the scion xb lol

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 07:51 AM
yeah the new bB's blow, they totally fucked up the styling on those cars. the front end looks fuckin terrible

Like I said in another post on here, Scion has kinda lost it's way recently and it's sales are tanking because of it. They started off great with a great idea on selling to a youth demographic. Little did they expect middle aged people would be scooping up xB's by the boat loads. But then they decided to up the size and power, and price with the new models, and also go a more mainstream styling route. This is why we havne't seen the tC redesigned yet. I think they are a little gun-shy at the moment.

WanganRunner
08-21-2008, 08:33 AM
I've been excited about the prospect of the cube in the US for ages.

I hope they don't screw up the new one and make it less cube-like, lol. It needs to stay lightweight, not get all bloated like the new xB.

The new 09 Fit looks nice too, but I hate how they lengthen the nose for the US version. It looks like a platypus.

k's_silvia2.0
08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
My girl and I have been waiting for this to drop.

I will be owning onces its released:D

stiizy
08-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Cubes are hot i wanted one of these for a while ..

Nissan should have dropped this as soon as the Bb came out...

Dutchmalmiss
08-21-2008, 09:28 AM
I like toaster ovens. Seen a few in L.A. and my jaw dropped. They're so freakin' awesome in person.

Serious? But they're not out in the states yet

Like I said in another post on here, Scion has kinda lost it's way recently and it's sales are tanking because of it. They started off great with a great idea on selling to a youth demographic. Little did they expect middle aged people would be scooping up xB's by the boat loads. But then they decided to up the size and power, and price with the new models, and also go a more mainstream styling route. This is why we havne't seen the tC redesigned yet. I think they are a little gun-shy at the moment.

Yeah is the 2nd gen xB for the US only? They "americanized" something that really didn't need much improvement with. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah is the 2nd gen xB for the US only? They "americanized" something that really didn't need much improvement with. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I'm not really sure. I agree they should have just did a MINOR facelift instead of a full redo.

lflkajfj12123
08-21-2008, 09:52 AM
lol it looks like a mini hummer in some of those pics thatguy

will this thing match the fit's mpg?

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 09:56 AM
lol it looks like a mini hummer in some of those pics thatguy

will this thing match the fit's mpg?

It's supposed to get like 37mpg.

Dutchmalmiss
08-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah, since Nissan intends on using the MR18DE from the Versa, 37mpg, or more, should be very reachable, since it actually weighs less than the Versa. I haven't seen one in person, but it's kinda hard to imagine this thing's shorter than a miata. :confused:

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah, since Nissan intends on using the MR18DE from the Versa, 37mpg, or more, should be very reachable, since it actually weighs less than the Versa. I haven't seen one in person, but it's kinda hard to imagine this thing's shorter than a miata. :confused:

Imagine how small the Elise was the first time you saw one. Now apply that to the shape of the Cube.

Gnnr
08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
From what I hear this thing is going to be sold out before it even hits the dealers. This is gonna be great for Nissan!

VROOOM
08-21-2008, 12:20 PM
chop the top about 5 inches and that thng could be awesome

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe, Nissan will kill the Sentra when this comes out...

Hey, a guy can wish can't he?

stiizy
08-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I hope so i hate the Sentra with a passion

Dutchmalmiss
08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Maybe, Nissan will kill the Sentra when this comes out...

Hey, a guy can wish can't he?

ORRRRRR maybe they'll use the modded FM platform being used for the new "silvia" to revive the sentra. I'm wishfully thinking of course.

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 12:35 PM
ORRRRRR maybe they'll use the modded FM platform being used for the new "silvia" to revive the sentra. I'm wishfully thinking of course.

Revive the Sentra as a 510.

Brian
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Hmmmmm

true story, I think I just found my new car.

I'm going to get one when it comes out, just watch.

I'll start a savings account for it r ight now and then when the time comes, I'll trade the J30 into Nissan and give them a fat cash downpayment.

I'm gonna.

stiizy
08-21-2008, 12:53 PM
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/154/d/8/VIP_style_Nissan_Cube_JDM_by_illracer.jpg

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
And if the Cube being cool as shit wasn't enough o make you buy, read this. (http://www.autoilluminati.com/?p=201) Nissan is on a quality control kick.

stiizy
08-21-2008, 01:41 PM
^^ wow thats good news

and a Shameless plug lol

slidingsky
08-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Psh the Cube had me at hello, this is quite possibly the first new automobile I will buy.

Now about that new "silvia".....

exitspeed
08-21-2008, 01:49 PM
^^ wow thats good news

and a Shameless plug lol

It's just like linking to Autoblog. But it's me. :)

axiomatik
08-21-2008, 04:07 PM
man, I've loved the design of the cube for years. I'm afraid the successor won't be as cool.

DUFFM4N
08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
ive wanted one for the past 2 years now....already got parts lined up here at work for them once they arrive.....since they've been available in japan for quite some time obviously

Mister.E
08-21-2008, 04:34 PM

no, the second gen xB as you call it was released as a Toyota bB over here first. the ugly look started in Japan and apparently migrated to the US. i didnt even know that they had brought the ugly ass version over to the states.

ki_JDM_ds
08-21-2008, 04:41 PM
DUDES the Cube is the shit! e4WD! 35+MPG! Intelligent Key! Just what I have been looking for.

Check this out Nissan Cube (http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/index.html#)

Buy your shirt here Nissan Cube Store (http://nissancube.spreadshirt.com/)

I just got my shirt today $4.99 Shipped for the first 500 orders.

UfoZ8myCow
08-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Sigh.

I will never understand what the Japanese (or anybody's for that matter) fascination is with small, box shaped vehicles. Dress it up any way you like, but it still looks silly to me.

berz
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM
my dad had one at his dealership in la cresenta shit was pimp but the dealership "foothill nissan" doesn't exist nemore. its a gas saver!!!!!

Mister.E
08-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Sigh.

I will never understand what the Japanese (or anybody's for that matter) fascination is with small, box shaped vehicles. Dress it up any way you like, but it still looks silly to me.

have you ever been to Japan? this place is compact as fuck. i think the design behind most of their cars now is to pack as much as they can into a vehicle but still save space at the same time. i've sat in both the bB and the Cube and being a pretty tall dude i still felt like the car was very spacious.

Dirty Habit
08-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Whens this due out again? I want one..

UfoZ8myCow
08-21-2008, 11:22 PM
have you ever been to Japan? this place is compact as fuck. i think the design behind most of their cars now is to pack as much as they can into a vehicle but still save space at the same time. i've sat in both the bB and the Cube and being a pretty tall dude i still felt like the car was very spacious.

Ok, let me rephrase that.

I get it. Japan is tiny. America is not. So I dont understand why Americans are fascinated by these tiny, boxy, strange looking vehicles. Just my $0.02. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But if I'm going to buy a gas saver, it certainly isnt going to be something that has the same aerodynamic qualities as my toaster oven.

Mister.E
08-22-2008, 02:20 AM

I get it. Japan is tiny. America is not. So I dont understand why Americans are fascinated by these tiny, boxy, strange looking vehicles. Just my $0.02. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But if I'm going to buy a gas saver, it certainly isnt going to be something that has the same aerodynamic qualities as my toaster oven.

thats funny. i dunno why people really like them, they are not on the top of my list of things to buy but i wouldnt mind having one. its a hell of a lot better than driving a Prius IMO

Z33dori
08-22-2008, 02:23 AM
i want one..

vip style... would be sick as hell

axiomatik
08-22-2008, 08:07 AM

It's simple. To save gas, reduce weight. To reduce weight, reduce size. To still make it roomy enough for families, make it boxy.

WanganRunner
08-22-2008, 08:23 AM
You either think the unconventional boxy aesthetic is neat *because* it's unconventional and blocky or you probably don't like it.

When trying to fit the maximum amount of interior space inside the smallest exterior profile, you can either try to go with a box (xB) or a sphere (uh...Previa?)

I'd rather have something boxy with angular lines than something that looks like a blob.

It's not a sports car, and so it doesn't need to be low, long, and wide.

axiomatik
08-22-2008, 08:24 AM
sphere doesn't give you maximum internal space, especially useable space. New Beetls would be a better example.

WanganRunner
08-22-2008, 08:26 AM
sphere doesn't give you maximum internal space, especially useable space. New Beetls would be a better example.

Yeah, technically a box is better, but I just wanted to illustrate that they could either make it angular or try for "swoopy". The latter doesn't tend to look to great on tiny 4dr subcompacts, it looks much better on something like, say, an FD.

And yeah, the New Beetle is indeed a much better example.

exitspeed
08-22-2008, 08:40 AM

I think it's that not everyone wants to drive a 15mpg pick-up truck or a Accord that is now a Full Size vehicle.

I know I don't want to.

America's views are slowly changing to smaller more efficient vehicles which is a good thing. Sure it took gas prices going up past $4 for it to happen, but it's happening.