PDA

View Full Version : broken camera fixable??

silpena
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
hey any of you guys know if the lcd is fixable on camera if i buy a spare parts camera with the lcd that works. same model and everything. Mine seemed to have broken(i have no clue how. My gf is gonna be pissed at me since she got it for my bday. I'm in big doo doo! ekkk:aw:. Any help or input helps.

Charlie
08-18-2008, 11:36 PM
why not just buy a new camera thats the same model:ugh:

blackrms13
08-19-2008, 12:22 AM
go to camera shops, they can probably fix it for pretty cheap

but last time my mom dropped my camera, whole lense was broke....they want 150 to fix it...when i can get a brand new one for 200

silpena
08-19-2008, 12:53 AM
becuase my gf saved up for it and hate to piss her off for ruining a gift plus i rather keep it. I like it. if all fails then i'll get a better one. Ill try the camera shop see what they say and if repairing it is cheaper than ill do that. i might just use it still. I need to take pics of whats i sell and all my cars and parts that i paint for my customers to keep as ref's.

drift_jdm
08-19-2008, 01:02 AM
it could be pretty expensive, lcd screens on anything cost alot of money to replace, as they need to order one single one for your camera. plus you need to add the cost of labour ontop, which is also pricey.

ALTRNTV
08-19-2008, 01:04 AM
The LCD screen on my Canon Powershot also
broke after I sat on it during a drunken session.
I still use it, but I just use the viewfinder to take
pics, that's how you're supposed to use a camera
anyways. Only drawback is you can't see what picture
you took.

silpena
08-19-2008, 10:24 AM
yeah i can still use it but i dont know what i'm looking at. I guess ill have to guess. Ive seen som spares on ebay for like 15 bucks but maybe i'll try that and see if i can swap out the lcd screens before i buy a new one. I have no idea how it broke. One day it works.. never used it and the next day it craps out.

blackrms13
08-19-2008, 06:19 PM
^ warranty?

try go to the camera shops, ask a few of the shops for quotes

flip3d
08-19-2008, 08:58 PM
get a broken one and swap LCDs. thats what i did with my cybershot t1. instead of paying $80 for a new lcd, 20 for a broken one and do it yourself.

silpena
08-20-2008, 12:12 AM
never sent in my warrenty. My plan is too look for one with a working lcd but all seem to have broken lcds.