PDA

View Full Version : New Mustang Concept

thelinja
01-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I know it's a Mustang, I don't like them either...but this one looks damn good.

FMC (http://www.stangnet.com/mustanggtconcept/gallery/indexpage1.htm)

silnv
01-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Looks like they took a late 60's model and added a modern twist to it.

-E-
01-06-2003, 09:37 PM
I remember seeing this like 2 yrs ago it look nice.

SilviaDriver
01-06-2003, 09:50 PM
that looks ugly. the rear taillights kinda remind me of the old z car

ca18guy
01-06-2003, 11:26 PM
How many retro designs can Ford make? First the T-Bird now this, are they tired of trying to be original? The outside looks good but get back to me in a few years after seeing 1000 of them in one trip to McDonalds. Going retro on the interior is horrible, if there is one place they should fill with modern design its there. Besides that they did a good job of making a 1969 design look like a 2005 car.

Kreator
01-07-2003, 12:07 AM
OMG that's fugly. The rear reminds me of a cadillac somewhy :rolleyes:

drift freaq
01-07-2003, 12:24 AM
that looks like a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT350 brought up to 2005. In otherwords what the car would look like today. If Ford had never veered into all of the ugly renditions of cars, they chose to call Mustangs, after building the 60's classics that created the namesake.
contrary to what some of you think,it is rather nice looking and extremely retro, just like the new thunderbirds( which are to large). If they produce it they will sell a ton of them.
You guys forget the largest segment of the American population today is between 30 and 45 i.e. they do look back fondly on the classics.
You are technically in a minority age wise population wise . get used to it. Major corporations are just waking up to the fact.
Expect more stuff to be geared towards that age group. I am already seeing a bunch of G35 coupes running around my area and all the drivers are in there 30's .
Have you seen the Nissan commercials for the G35 coupe? They are aimed directly at that population group. If you do get to see it you'll understand what I am talking about.

Bbandit
01-07-2003, 12:52 AM
i dont know why but i like it... i like it better than the new pontiac gto...
the mustang still have that uniqie domestic touch
but then again.. its just my opinion

uiuc240
01-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Interesting thing though...it's gonna be on the Lincoln LS platform. This means it will have a high-tech, fully-independent suspension...and will probably handle just as good as a 240 (maybe not quite as good as the new Z). And it'll still smoke your ass in the straights. Bammer. Time to get more power!

Eric

TheGreatNate
01-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit
i dont know why but i like it... i like it better than the new pontiac gto...
the mustang still have that uniqie domestic touch
but then again.. its just my opinion

I'll second that. The new GTO looks like a cross between an RSX and a Grand Prix. At least Ford did a good job with restyling an original. I think the back end needs work, but otherwise I like it.

HippoSleek
01-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Um- that is one of the best looking cars I've seen in a long while. I really liked the new Bullit (sp.) Moosetangs, but that thing is so much better! With a good chassis - no sh!t, I would own one if it weren't for the fact that in less than 15K mi., there will be a rattle in the center of the dash - 6" back, 6" down - and you will NEVER make it stop!! If there were any build quality in those things, that would be an awesome ride.

As for the G35 - you are right - about 30-45. The first time I saw that commercial, I was 0nN3d. I don't remember just when it started for me, but it was somewhere in that sequence. Toy cars, slot cars, skateboards, motox... that is exactly my childhood. :cool: I've never seen myself be such a targeted audience before. It actually gave me second thougths about my next street car purchase.

Mark - who now wants a Moosetang, a G35, and to go home and find that commercial on Kazaa so he can be owned ad nauseum.

Tyler Durdan
01-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey chief...your not the only one that was owned by that commecial. I'm only 20, but it made me think about the first time I played with my Richard Petty car. I would love to have one, but the whole college thing kinda screws me out of spending the money...damn it; I'm broke.

The other Mark...who wishes he would win the lottery.

TheTimanator
01-07-2003, 06:51 PM
I hate the retro look. If they want it....then why don't they go buy the original? :confused: