PDA

View Full Version : Glasses question

s13boy89
08-17-2008, 11:16 PM
My current glasses work fine, but I need some new frames. These glasses/perscription are about 5 years old. My question is, if i go to like sears/lenscrafters can I use my old perscription and get new frames/lens, or do i have to get a NEWER perscription first?

MikeisNissan
08-17-2008, 11:18 PM
I bet they'll charge you.

flip3d
08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
You're a growing boy. Things change. You should get a newer prescription :P

ALTRNTV
08-17-2008, 11:55 PM
You should get a new prescription, as
your vision has probably changed. Don't listen
to me though, I'm no doctor. :)

BustedS13
08-17-2008, 11:59 PM
laser them shits
if my vision was bad enough to REQUIRE glasses i'd get lasik in a heartbeat. glasses are for squares, bro

....but yeah you'll need a new prescription

s13boy89
08-18-2008, 12:23 AM
How much do you think it would cost for the new test/perscription/lens? i know the frame varies. I have no health care btw.

Helghast
08-18-2008, 12:36 AM
No clue, My work covers everything. LOLWUT.

Omarius Maximus
08-18-2008, 03:02 AM
laser them shits
if my vision was bad enough to REQUIRE glasses i'd get lasik in a heartbeat. glasses are for squares, bro

Depends. My optometrist keeps telling me not to get laser YET because my prescription is dynamic. Once it stabilizes, then laser makes sense. But when you're going to school reading books all day, or stuck in front of a computer screen...it's probably not a good idea to get laser, since your prescription is constantly changing for the worse.

LeftNutOfGowd
08-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Since when do you wear fucking glasses lol i think this is more like womenbeshoppin doing lol

Phlip
08-18-2008, 06:03 AM
5 years?
Get a new examination, you're supposed to do that annually.

g6civcx
08-18-2008, 07:42 AM
5 years?
Get a new examination, you're supposed to do that annually.

I advice you to take serious care of your eyes. You only got one pair and once they're bad, you can't fix them.

Get a good doctor to exam you and have your prescription checked after you get the new glasses.

stiizy
08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
How much do you think it would cost for the new test/perscription/lens? i know the frame varies. I have no health care btw.

I go to lenscrafters or cohens it's like 50 for the exam free lenses but they hit you on the frames i paid about 185 for my glasses and got a descent set of Armani frames..:bigok:

But 5 years damn i haven't been in a year cause i skipped but i suggest you take your ass in soon..

Future240
08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
I have worn glasses since I was in third grade, beleive me when I say get your ass to the eye doctors pronto. In 5 years your current prescription more than likely aint worth a crap. Especially since you are 19.

Always get your eyes checked yearly. Who cares if it costs a shit load? They are your eyes, you only get two. After that you are fucked. I'm sure you spent more on your 240 than it will cost you to get your eyes checked and new glasses, priorities man

Gnnr
08-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Get a new prescription. Your vision can change drastically in 5 years.

laser them shits

Your prescription has to stay the same for 3 years in order for you to get that...my optometrist was telling me something like that...also something about how some people's vision doesn't stop developing to around 25.

Exam should be around $50-75. Call around to see the prices. Find the frames you like in person, get the model number, and then order them online.

miravete
08-18-2008, 01:12 PM
i got my pair of glasses for 200. examination and all. the glasses are the ones that bend, and they turn dark with the sun. they also have a filter or something cuz im always on the computer. the glass is made out of polycarbon something crap cuz ive sat, stepped, and rolled over them and they havent broken lol

oh, and why dont you just get contacts? 30dllrs for a lil box of 3 pairs. lasts you like 3 months.

n.e.ways...mexico is cheap for getting glasses. and the quality is great too.

my 2c

ThatGuy
08-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Just get yourself a pair of these.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1986/thesheener701834mb0.jpg

Sir
08-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Between best lenses and some Oakley frames as well as eye exam, etc. Mine came out to just under $500.
Always wore glasses, never really bothered me, its not something I even notice.

Oh and your prescription is only valid for 1yr. Noone will issue you new lenses (well maybe some internet store will, don't know)
5yrs is crazy. You're doing more harm than good to your eyes.
I went 2yrs once and when they gave me new glasses, it was amazing to see how different and better your vision is.

mRclARK1
08-18-2008, 04:40 PM
FYI just to throw it out there, most surgeons won't do any laser corrective surgery without at least 1 (preferably) 2 years of stable vision prescription.

Ask my friend who's legally blind without his glasses if you don't believe me. :p

240=180
08-18-2008, 04:50 PM
my mom is an optician..... you need to get a checkup to get your new prescription then select your frames and have lenses made.

ever think about getting contacts.... i been wearing contacts for 5+ years already with no problems