PDA

View Full Version : is there ever going to be a new Kaido Battle game?

BustedS13
08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
i bought Kengo: Legend Of The 9 for 360 last week, and on startup, noticed it was made by Genki.. this got me thinking about Tokyo Xtreme Racer. has anybody played the Kaido Battle series (TXR: Drift and TXR: Drift 2 in the US)? i'm not a big drifting fan but they're definitely fun games, a new one would be nice. apparently Import Tuner Challenge on 360 is actually Shutokou Battle Ten, which would make it a TXR game, so i guess i'll buy that for now.

anybody know about a new shutokou battle or kaido battle game? i need some fresh 20 dollar titles :bow:

skylindrftr
08-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, the last racing game genki released was another iteration of the Wangan Midnight series, maybe this genre is dead/dying?

ILoveMyRHS13
08-17-2008, 09:24 PM
More info on this Kengo game? I could use a new $20 game.

Dirty Habit
08-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Initial D just came out for the ps3 in japan this summer.

Im not sure what else is on the horizon. Ive got all the kaido racer series, wangan midnight, D1 stuff for ps2. Also wangan midnight for ps3.
Ill probably pick up Initial D with my next paycheck.

BustedS13
08-17-2008, 09:48 PM
More info on this Kengo game? I could use a new $20 game.

ever play Bushido Blade on PSX? the Kengo series is considered the spiritual successor of it, developed by the team behind BB2. it's kind of fun, if not rough around the edges... you run around hacking down enemies with katanas and shit. i wouldn't pay MORE than 20 for it, but it has a nice, oldschool Playstation feel to it. and it was $13 at gamestop.

keistyle
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
LOL i have both txr: drift1 and 2 !! they are pretty fun games

S14DB
08-17-2008, 09:57 PM
There were 3 Kaido Battles:
Kaido Battle / Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift (2006)
Kaido Battle 2 / Not released in US
Kaido Battle Touge No Densetsu / Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2 (2007)

Tokyo Xtreme Racer:
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: 2 (dreamcast) 2000
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero (ps2) 2001
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: 3 (ps2) 2003

I personally think Import Tuner Challenge/Shutokou Battle (2006) should be counted as part of the series cause it is so different and sucks so much.

In 2006 Genki said they are making a Wangan Midnight game for the PS3, but so far nothing has been slated for release.

I'm still trying to get a copy of 3.

Genki Official Website (http://www.genki.co.jp/en/games/index.html)

BustedS13
08-17-2008, 10:18 PM
There were 3 Kaido Battles:
Kaido Battle / Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift (2006)
Kaido Battle 2 / Not released in US
Kaido Battle Touge No Densetsu / Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2 (2007)

Tokyo Xtreme Racer:
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: 2 (dreamcast) 2000
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero (ps2) 2001
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: 3 (ps2) 2003

I personally think Import Tuner Challenge/Shutokou Battle (2006) should be counted as part of the series cause it is so different and sucks so much.

In 2006 Genki said they are making a Wangan Midnight game for the PS3, but so far nothing has been slated for release.

I'm still trying to get a copy of 3.

Genki Official Website (http://www.genki.co.jp/en/games/index.html)

i think i have TXR3, i know it's on my ps2's HDD, not sure if i have the physical copy anymore though
so ITC blows? i was hoping it just had a gay name :/

ILoveMyRHS13
08-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Import Tuner Challenge was okay. There were only 19 cars in it... But it had a good amount of detail.

BOROSUN
08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
wangan midnight for ps3 was release last summer in japan.

Helghast
08-18-2008, 12:46 AM
TXR 2 for dreamcast had the BEST CUSTOMIZATION.

GAAAAAAAAH.

I LOOOOOOVED that game.

I think it's time to dig out the old "Heart Attack" MKIV supra.

S14DB
08-18-2008, 08:38 AM
i think i have TXR3, i know it's on my ps2's HDD, not sure if i have the physical copy anymore though
so ITC blows? i was hoping it just had a gay name :/

TXR3 is hard to find cause they didn't make that many and collectors are scooping them up.

ITC blew cause of all the NFS style crap they added. Also, the thing that killed it for me was the 360 tax. It was around $59.95 new. It's still hard to find it for under $20. Not enough game for the money. TXR:zero is around $10 and KB's for under $20 each.

crazybb
08-18-2008, 08:58 AM
can you play Initial D in the u.s. ps3??

Mr.S14
08-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Man i have all TXRs' those games were F-in addicting, i even got my friend, who is not even into cars, to get addicted to it

origin_s135
08-18-2008, 11:14 AM
can you play Initial D in the u.s. ps3??

yes you can, that goes for wangan midnight too. ps3 can play most japanese games from my experience. i think it's region free or something, just make sure you know how to read in japanese.

HyperTek
08-18-2008, 01:58 PM
i ordered kaido battle before its US release it was like 70 shipped or osmething for my modded ps2.. i never beat it shit got borring.. i dunno i find the genki games to get repeative..

Last cool genki game in my opinion was Racing Battle C1 Grand Prix for PS2 .. never came out here but you could find torrents.. it was like Tokyo extreme racer you had wangan, and you had track racing, time attacks and drift.. it had it all.. last year i found the soundtrack on amazon and bought it... Had some good car customizing too. But the physics suck with all Genki games, but they all have cool intros that get you excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5sEWHPj_3o

One thing i like about Genki tho is they always showed tuning as an art/lifestyle... Not like US games where its a cool trend that you have to do.

ms!3
08-18-2008, 02:13 PM
TXR3 is fun as hell, I haven't played that game in a long time though. Couldn't ever beat it. Some dudes wouldn't let me race them. Wth?

BustedS13
08-18-2008, 03:01 PM
One thing i like about Genki tho is they always showed tuning as an art/lifestyle... Not like US games where its a cool trend that you have to do.

i don't think i like either view... it's a hobby, not a life choice or whatever

that game you mentioned sounds rad though. how is your ps2 modded? i've just got an HDD and HD Loader

skylindrftr
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey hypertek I forgot to ask you... is side by side any good? I know its an early version of the battle gear series but I was thinking maybe i'll find a rom and try it out.

lflkajfj12123
08-18-2008, 05:43 PM
wangan midnight for ps3 was release last summer in japan.

;asjdfaljdf;lajsdf;lkajdf

HyperTek
08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
i never played side by side.. by the time i learnd of it , it was old lol.. but i love the flyer art.. battle gear 1 had a cool ass flyer too.

i had a no solder mod chip with swap magic discs.. then eventually did the hdd thing with the memory card exploit.. but i let a friend borrow my hdd and his punkass hasnt given it back over a year now.. people figure you got a ps3 so you wont need your old stuff and take advantage of you =(

Taniguchi_Is_#1
08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
TXR3 is hard to find cause they didn't make that many and collectors are scooping them up.

TXR3 is rare? I got mine used for like, $15 a couple of years ago. it is the most enjoyable of them all, though. the mods are pretty cool for the most part, but i still liked the sheer volume of cars/parts/junk in TXR:Zero. the kaido battle games are a waste of money and i hope they don't bring anymore to the US.

Dirty Habit
08-18-2008, 09:34 PM
The kaido battle games were the tokyo extreme racer games. At least the drift ones.

And wangan midnight does play on the ps3, I have it. Its pretty good. It uses cards for engine upgrades and shit though. I played the shit out of it when it came out. Pick it up now and again.

I.D. should be coming in the mail soon. Had to order it.

skylindrftr
08-18-2008, 10:36 PM
What's the new features in the new intial d game? I know they have a new graphics facelift etc but what else?

Leetheslacker
08-19-2008, 04:03 AM
tokyo extreme racer drift 2 is awesome.

that title sounds like a million dicks. bleh.

LeftNutOfGowd
08-19-2008, 08:34 AM
So what's a GOOD drift game for the 360

BustedS13
08-19-2008, 09:01 AM
So what's a GOOD drift game for the 360

....Forza >.>

LeftNutOfGowd
08-19-2008, 09:24 AM
....Forza >.>

1 or part 2..

exitspeed
08-19-2008, 09:54 AM
TXR3 is fun as hell, I haven't played that game in a long time though. Couldn't ever beat it. Some dudes wouldn't let me race them. Wth?

If you don't know I'm not going to tell you. Those are the Wanderers. You will HAVE to search online for a guide as to what you need to do to make them race you.

....Forza >.>

Completely different games. That's not a fair comparison.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
08-19-2008, 12:26 PM
If you don't know I'm not going to tell you. Those are the Wanderers. You will HAVE to search online for a guide as to what you need to do to make them race you.

indeed. you can either look for a guide or if you're cool like me, figure it out from their description in the rival index. i kinda got tired of trying to figure it out after a while, and then my memory card garage got fucked up and i lost my orido supra and NOB silvia. then i stopped playing.

LeftNutOfGowd
08-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Completely different games. That's not a fair comparison.

Yeah isn't Forza like Gran Turismo

stiizy
08-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I play Forza one on the reg xbox...

i love it !!

exitspeed
08-19-2008, 01:27 PM
indeed. you can either look for a guide or if you're cool like me, figure it out from their description in the rival index. i kinda got tired of trying to figure it out after a while, and then my memory card garage got fucked up and i lost my orido supra and NOB silvia. then i stopped playing.

The last one I played for PS2, there was NO way you could figure out some just by their description as some didn't even have a description that had clues.

stiizy
08-19-2008, 02:06 PM
TXR was a sick game on Dreamcast though...

I had this orange Gc8 that would pull the shit outta anything haha

dolphin
08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
go out and buy grid they got a mountain touge session in that game