PDA

View Full Version : japan?

koukipurples14
08-17-2008, 03:05 PM
okay guys i wanna go to japan and see some kind of drifting illegal or legal where do i go i dont know anything put ur info?

SexPanda
08-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I suppose you could get the 1200 dollar plane ticket, a 10 dollar pocket translator book, and go to a track which you could find on google.

OR.............................................

Stay in America, go to some pro formula d for half the cost, see japanese drivers compete agains drivers from around the world, and not have to worry about trying to tell someone "i want a coke" with awkward hand signs.

Brian
08-17-2008, 03:11 PM
you are asking for a LOT of info with a small question.

Japan drifting is going to be great.
Good luck if you decide to go.
:)

CRZY_AZN
08-17-2008, 03:13 PM
well if u wanna see drifting in japan, i would recomemd that you go to osaka or nagoya.
they have alot more racers there, cuz in tokyo u dont really see many. so its easier to find a track i think, i was tryin to find it but i didnt have time.

koukipurples14
08-17-2008, 03:14 PM
well lets see i know alot of info but i wanna go cuz i never been i mean i aint worried about prices right now just wanna see if anyone knows anything like where to go stuff like that just to see jdm cars well in japan plus would be cool as hell.

racepar1
08-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Go for the tokyo auto salon. You'll see all the sick cars you can wrap your mind around and if you can communicate with people I'm sure someone would know if and where there are any events going on. I would personally rather go to tokyo and get someone to show me around the highway racing scene there.

CRZY_AZN
08-17-2008, 03:32 PM
well if u wanna see nice fixed up cars then honestly tokyo aint the place to go, cuz i was there for a month and well i only saw a hand full of fixed up cars.
but if u go to the south u will see alot more.

racepar1
08-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Did you miss the part about the TOKYO AUTO SALON? Looking for nice cars on the street is always a crap shoot, no matter where you are. I personally wouldn't spend all that money just to go there and hope I see lots of cool cars, that's why I suggested the auto salon.

Lumos
08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
tsuwano short cut between tsuwano and muikaichi 10 o' clock saturdays

koukipurples14
08-17-2008, 03:44 PM
(lumos) where is that at? also does anyone have a schedule for the auto salon of japan?

ThatGuy
08-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Ever tried this nifty thing called Google?

http://www.e-autosalon.net/tokyo/english/index_overview.html

norcal_black240
08-17-2008, 03:54 PM
daikoku futo in yokohama i think. Place where tokyo/yokahama people meet up at. But if you just want to see sliding and what not your best bet is osaka, nagoya, or just small towns like gifu etc.

spirit
08-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Be sure to check out the soaplands during your stay ;)

fliprayzin240sx
08-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Just look for the the tallest parking lot structure...according to Tokyo Drift, thats where the club/drift scene is at. Maybe you can roll in this too, itll be piiiiiiimptastic!!!

http://www.moviecars.it/images/auto/vw_touran_tokyodrift_b1.jpg

It might have a hefty premium on it cuz of race wars...

Rob-A-Gee
08-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Well if you want to see drifting 24/7 make a trip to Fukushima prefecture. That is where Ebisu circuit is and people from all over Japan gather at Ebisu circuit. So around Fukushima there is tons of tuner shops for drift cars. By the way if you are going very soon there is a D1 event at Ebisu the 30th of this month. You way even have a chase to meet up with Kumakubo Nobushige the owner of the circuit.

fliprayzin240sx
08-17-2008, 04:38 PM
You should come down to okinawa...everybody drifts here when it rains...even old ladies in kei-cars are mad dorifto yo...

ericcastro
08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
God I feel stupid after this thread!!!!

Hey guys, I wanna spend alot of money for a visit to a foreign country with tons of culture and history,......to look for some shitty kids learning to street drift.

WTF !!!!

You probably cant even find any groups of drifters here in SoCal !!!! The other capitol of drifting !!!! So how you gonna go across the world and make it happen???

BTW, Im going to the auto salon in 09 :)

s13 @ fullboost
08-17-2008, 04:52 PM
I suppose you could get the 1200 dollar plane ticket, a 10 dollar pocket translator book, and go to a track which you could find on google.

OR.............................................

Stay in America, go to some pro formula d for half the cost, see japanese drivers compete agains drivers from around the world, and not have to worry about trying to tell someone "i want a coke" with awkward hand signs.

If that did not change your mind after reading that then I don't know what to tell you man.

ESmorz
08-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Post a wanted ad on craigslist for a real live Japanese person to come to your house and drift on your street.

OMG

S14DB
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars