PDA

View Full Version : anyone down to have weekly meets in sf bay area?

sumoboi7
08-16-2008, 07:06 AM
just like the title. anyone interested in having a sf bay area and eastbay area meet like once a week. i chill with alot of supra guys and they have taco tuesdays at rubios in serramonte cause fish tacos are like a dollar or so on tuesdays. just a thought. wanted to see if anyones intereted.

UsJdmTUner
08-16-2008, 02:27 PM
let's do it .. I'll be arriving SF tonight from NYC.. 3000miles on a stock KA motor....

sumoboi7
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM
nice. how long r u here

UsJdmTUner
08-17-2008, 02:22 PM
nice. how long r u here

I'm here till Monday .... I haven't seen any a chasis yet

sumoboi7
08-18-2008, 04:20 AM
damn noone wants to have a weekly meet? i jus thought we could make the 240 community's pressence known. the supra peeps r always havin meets. shouldnt we? just a thought.

projekt_s13
08-18-2008, 04:42 AM
We always have meets uphere in the concord,antioch area

sumoboi7
08-18-2008, 05:49 AM
damn thats hella far from sf. when r the meets? is there threads about em? or is it word of mouth?

UsJdmTUner
08-18-2008, 09:30 AM
ill be leaving SF tuesday morning... i guess ill just catch the meets at SOCAL... thought s chasis peeps are alot here?

!Zar!
08-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Most of the people who have 240's now a days don't drive them around and have DD's.

So it wouldn't really be a 240 meet so much as it would be just a social meet.

For the other people who do drive, it would just be a time for people to scope out cars and give potential thief's ideas.

But whatever, doubt I'll go either way.

Best meets are at the track between rounds.

sumoboi7
08-18-2008, 11:28 AM
true. jus figured it would be nice to have an enthusiast gathering. by 240 meet i meant social meet. jus to get to know fellow owners and lovers of the s chasis.

DohcKA
08-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Most of the people who have 240's now a days don't drive them around and have DD's.

So it wouldn't really be a 240 meet so much as it would be just a social meet.

For the other people who do drive, it would just be a time for people to scope out cars and give potential thief's ideas.

But whatever, doubt I'll go either way.

Best meets are at the track between rounds.

i agree i think that's why i never bring my cars to the meets... 1)they're in a whack state 2)aint trynah get jacked 3)its the same cars with the same mods... ehhhh FUCK IT DUDE but it is a cool to socialize with fellow members...

JeremyR
08-20-2008, 07:26 PM
too many shady people. i'd rather keep my car locked up tight than out for all the theives to see.

blownmotor
08-20-2008, 08:20 PM
There aren't too many SF 240 owner really. A good turn out would be like 6 at most. Yes I understand there are a lack of 240 meets/presence at meets but given the facts stated above the odds are against them.

FaLKoN240
08-21-2008, 10:33 AM
There aren't too many SF 240 owner really. A good turn out would be like 6 at most. Yes I understand there are a lack of 240 meets/presence at meets but given the facts stated above the odds are against them.

Come on dude.

There are TONS of us.

Just most of the Norcal heads are lurkers and never post up.

I've seen a ton of S chassis with mods, but some of them aren't on here, some are on Norcal240sx, some are on Norcaldrift, and unfortunately a large amount are on 240sxforums.

PhilthyS13
08-22-2008, 02:24 AM
just like the title. anyone interested in having a sf bay area and eastbay area meet like once a week. i chill with alot of supra guys and they have taco tuesdays at rubios in serramonte cause fish tacos are like a dollar or so on tuesdays. just a thought. wanted to see if anyones intereted.

Serramonte? I wouldn't bring my car within 5 miles of that place. DCPD loves smog tickets and I don't need one, so I drive the ol' Regal if I leave City limits to the South. Hell, DCPD is so bored they cross into SF to "patrol" Sunnydale.

Besides, a meet at a mall? That's asking for trouble - legal and illegal. And I don't think lots of people could make it every week. If the cops found out they could stake it out and this is the result:
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/203167-if-youre-not-into-street-racing-why-would-you-need.html

I liked the Treasure Island meets. Neutral place midway between east and west bay, close to retirement SFPD (laid back), extremely large parking lots, a hairpin exit that is truly 15mph and cool views. It always seems sunny out there.

CAP'NZenki
08-22-2008, 11:03 PM
cops hardly fuck with people at the meet unless the person is being a dumbass...its actually really chill...i could honestly say there have been around 30-40 cars there at one point ranging from badass porsche 911 turbos and telsa roadsters to ur average riced out civic...i dont know the particular forums but threre was a beemer meet there not too long ago and theres usually a good showing of evo's that come...but yea its not actually in the mall, its up the street in the party city/marshalls/starbucks parkin lot...id love for zilvia to come out cuz me and sumboi7 are amoung the few if not only 240's that show up

PhilthyS13
08-23-2008, 01:35 AM
cops hardly fuck with people at the meet unless the person is being a dumbass...its actually really chill...i could honestly say there have been around 30-40 cars there at one point ranging from badass porsche 911 turbos and telsa roadsters to ur average riced out civic...i dont know the particular forums but threre was a beemer meet there not too long ago and theres usually a good showing of evo's that come...but yea its not actually in the mall, its up the street in the party city/marshalls/starbucks parkin lot...id love for zilvia to come out cuz me and sumboi7 are among the few if not only 240's that show up

1) It's not the meet I'm truly worried about, it's the going to and coming from. That strip is hot. And Daly City popos are overzealous.

2) All those cars you mentioned are legal with the possible exception of the hondas. If I still had a ka, I'd go. Otherwise, I don't need to get pulled over simply because I have an exhaust. It would be pretty funny to park a birdshit covered Buick next to a 911 and tesla though.

BOROSUN
08-23-2008, 05:14 AM
ditto what zar said.

CNDC
08-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Come on dude.

There are TONS of us.

I've seen a ton of S chassis with mods, but some of them aren't on here, some are on Norcal240sx, some are on Norcaldrift, and unfortunately a large amount are on 240sxforums.

I'll vouch for that as I mostly just lurk on forums, using it for info, or second oppinions. I'd say if anything most 240 owners I seen are already tight friends, so it's like a meet every time they go chill and kick it.

i8yourfwd
08-24-2008, 04:07 AM
Come on dude.

There are TONS of us.

Shit..

you got

norcal-240sx.net
nor-cal240sx.com
bayarea240sx.?
then of course zilvia
and nico or whatever that thing is
I'll vouch for that as I mostly just lurk on forums, using it for info, or second oppinions. I'd say if anything most 240 owners I seen are already tight friends, so it's like a meet every time they go chill and kick it.

Also true, alot of us have known each other for years now. Cept, alot of the guys eigher don't have/don't daily their s chassis' anymore. No biggie though