PDA

View Full Version : rhd conversion

s13coupej
08-15-2008, 09:00 PM
i,m thinking of doing a rhd conversion on my coupe but dont know how far do i have to cut the firewall i have a front clip and comes with everything so if anyone has done it and want to give me some advise i will thank you for that.

SochBAT
08-15-2008, 09:04 PM
You're gonna crash into a wall or something.

I'm being serious too.

RHD = FAILTOWN.

You weld on teh new front clip to the car. Not so hard?

rps13drift
08-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Dude! RHD conversions are so gnarly! youre going to be so different and cool if you do it! and plus maybe people will think its a skyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unholy S14
08-15-2008, 09:13 PM
waste of money man, but if you have cash to blow go for it.

check the Chat section, there is a thread about someone doing that

spoolandslide
08-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Dude! RHD conversions are so gnarly! youre going to be so different and cool if you do it! and plus maybe people will think its a skyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duuuudddeeeee

i saw a RHD S13 once and it was blue and it had a spoiler and it was totally badass and i was like

"ahh fuck theres a fucking skyline man"

but then my buddy jeremy was like

"ah man your a fucking idiot its just a little 240"

and i was like

"ah fuck.............. he tricked me"

ALTRNTV
08-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh man, check your rep in about an hour.

In other words, RHD conversions are pointless.
Try making a left turn if you can't even see the
oncoming cars.

Mi Beardo es Loco
08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
a-pillars on a RHD pwn everyone.

RHD conversions are sooooo 2004

JRas
08-15-2008, 10:21 PM
you trying to be mad JDM tyte!? y0

put your money to something of more use

s13coupej
08-15-2008, 10:23 PM
im not spending money i have everything to do it i just dont know how i already have the clip.

Unholy S14
08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
if you dont know then dont do it man, simple as that.

luisgonz
08-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Do it and you will have room for a bigger turbo and your brakes fluid wont heat up. Most people think its for a jdm tyte thing,

chibo
08-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Do it and you will have room for a bigger turbo and your brakes fluid wont heat up. Most people think its for a jdm tyte thing,

Or... you know... you could run a wilwood pedal assembly for cheap.

luisgonz
08-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Or... you know... you could run a wilwood pedal assembly for cheap.

You can run that also so you can be jdm tyte and have "Wilwood Power", LOL

mRclARK1
08-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Oh man, check your rep in about an hour.

In other words, RHD conversions are pointless.
Try making a left turn if you can't even see the
oncoming cars.

Basically this is truth right here. Making a left, or passing, in a RHD is a total bitch. How do I know?

I own one. Not a conversion however... cause I'm sorry... That's a waste of time. Mine is a factory RHD.

Just don't do it. Especially if it's your daily. Mine is not, so it's not so bad.

SlideWell
08-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Basically this is truth right here. Making a left, or passing, in a RHD is a total bitch. How do I know?

I own one. Not a conversion however... cause I'm sorry... That's a waste of time. Mine is a factory RHD.

Just don't do it. Especially if it's your daily. Mine is not, so it's not so bad.

it is a waste of time. you may save money, but the wait will kill u more than waiting for a car to be sold here already imported.

VAs13
08-16-2008, 06:18 AM
Basically this is truth right here. Making a left, or passing, in a RHD is a total bitch.

everyone says this, i own a rhd car, and i dont see that its any different from driving a LHD car to me.

g6civcx
08-16-2008, 06:22 AM

Weigh the pros and the cons. If you're willing to pay the cost for the pros and don't mind the cons, do it.

If not, then save your money.

Simple decision.

womenbeshoppin
08-16-2008, 06:27 AM
duuuudddeeeee

i saw a RHD S13 once and it was blue and it had a spoiler and it was totally badass and i was like

"ahh fuck theres a fucking skyline man"

but then my buddy jeremy was like

"ah man your a fucking idiot its just a little 240"

and i was like

"ah fuck.............. he tricked me"
yeee, its like the tranny of automobiles

mRclARK1
08-16-2008, 12:02 PM
everyone says this, i own a rhd car, and i dont see that its any different from driving a LHD car to me.

Physics says it's different. No matter what your field of vision is less on that side of the car making any moves across your left field of vision into traffic. You can get used to it, and learn to position yourself better (IE: Making a left I pull in closer to the curb, and turn out sharper sooner to give myself slightly more time and a view of oncoming traffic sooner by angling the turn more). However, no matter how you cut it, driving a RHD car in a LHD designed traffic system will be somewhat awkward. Not unsafe per sey... Just a bit of a challenge. Enough that a lot of people out there who are driving them shouldn't be. But most of those shouldn't be driving a LHD either is the problem.

Also, I live in Canada. With the easier import laws here, a RHD is MUCH more common and they're often better priced and in better shape. I'd still prefer LHD, but not enough to spend 3-4k more and get a car with higher mileage and less features, and here, likely frame rust and fucked rocker panels.

Future240
08-16-2008, 12:31 PM
I would suggest selling the front clip and puttin it towards your engine. More than likely if you do the converision you will be really happy with it for a lil while then end up regretting it later. However that money into whatever engine goes in, I doubt you will regret it.

DUFFM4N
08-16-2008, 01:04 PM
personally i wouldnt do it....buy a legit RHD if u want one so bad...

BUT

if you're going to do it, dont cut the fucking car in 1/2 the "proper" way to do it is to drill out the spot welds on the firewall and swap firewalls

ThatGuy
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
RHD - The Ultimate parallel parking performance mod.

You can see the curb right next to you; you don't have to open your door into traffic. It's perfect.

Oh, except for when it's time to leave and that mini-van pulled in behind you, and your mirror just isn't cutting it to see what's coming down the street.

It's your choice to make. The general consensus is it's pointless and kind of stupid.
As far as how to do it, that has been discussed. There are various methods, all of which have been discussed in some way, shape, or form on the internet somewhere. If searching Zilvia doesn't give you the answers (which is should), try Google.

This thread does not need to continue any further.

:lockd: