PDA

View Full Version : Gumball lambo blamed for accident caught on tape

HyperTek
08-15-2008, 02:31 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/SKORnvlpKAI/AAAAAAAA1qw/y2sxmGpU_lg/s400/Gumball3000.jpg

A traffic accident involving a Ford Excursion with a large trailer that occurred on Sunday, August 10th on the I-5 South highway in California was caught on tape by one of the Gumball 3000 drivers. According to the initial SigAlert report, the Gumball driver of the black Lamborghini caused (without explaining how) the Ford Excursion to loose control, spin and finally flip over.

This is one of those videos that you watch again and again to see if you can make ends meet. We saw the video more than 15 times, and in our opinion, we can’t see how the Lamborghini was involved in the accident. Maybe it was another vehicle in front of the Lambo or perhaps even the driver of the Ford is at fault –we honestly can’t say. Either way, we hope that no one was seriously injured because the accident looked pretty scary. Check out the video after the jump and tell us what you think.

YouTube - Gumball 2008: Excursion spins out & crashes on I-5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wMkK_DVzjo)

Pretty gay, i think its just a retarded excursion driver.. lol SUV driver

A Spec Products
08-15-2008, 02:36 PM
It looks like there was a hump in the Freeway

So when the Excursion went over with the trailer, it probably just got squirrely

I dunno hard to say from that angle

shade
08-15-2008, 02:36 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/208160-gumball-2008-excursion-spins-out-crashes-i-5-a.html

Someone beat you to it.

DOOK
08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
you can't see a black lambo in that video in front of the truck at all...

kyoru
08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I didn't see anything just looked like he started fish tailing and couldn't correct it

let5l1de
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Pretty gay, i think its just a retarded excursion driver.. lol SUV driver

lol!

just after 3sec mark, you see and almost feel a bump in the Freeway while they are following the Frwy to the right. I'm sure the Explorer/trailer just upset the suspension a little (especially if it was a full load) and ended up loosing it.

simple as that.

IMO he should have got on the throttle, pulled it straight :keke: and then coasted it down to a safe speed since he had passed the turn. Providing there was no wind, blown tire(s) or mechanical failure at that moment...

btw: never hit brakes in this situation...

ronmcdon
08-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Think someone else on the previous thread mentioned that the Excursion was driving a bit too fast. usually the speed limit for truck hauling a load like that is 55, but it was moving more or less at the flow of traffic (which could be anywhere approx from 65-75). throw in other provoking elements (as mentioned in this thread and the prior), and something like this isn't so difficult to foresee.

Otherwise, I think that video, or at it's length is totally worthless in terms of indicating the cause of that accident. One thing's for sure is that 'up-to-no-good' Carrera GT driver is set on instigating this affair for some strange reason. I don't see anything that shows the lambos did any wrongdoing.

HyperTek
08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
what someone said on the vid comments was i guess the cam car probably stopped and tried to say one of them caused the accident on purpose to slow the other gumball cars down ? lmao sounds like a cartoon

flip3d
08-15-2008, 03:25 PM
The Warriors did it! The Warriors did it!

Nah but it was totally all the Excusion driver. Had nothing to do with the Lambo.

BustedS13
08-15-2008, 03:27 PM
delete this, it's been covered already.