PDA

View Full Version : whats worse.... dmv or the post office?

illvialuver
08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
I used to think d.m.v was hell.
but recently I havee been going to the post office, and have realized that no matter what time of day you go to the post office you will be greeted with a line that looks short, but will take you forever to get through.
and to top it off, they only have 1-2 people working when there are 6 counters, and managers and employee walking around and trying to look busy instead of help customers, and THAAANNNN they take two weeks to deliver and envelop that I paid to have delivered next day.

D.M.V is not that bad depending on when you go.

But I think if the post office messes up my ish one mor etime I am going to go another route.

driven_
08-14-2008, 09:26 PM
i waited at the dmv for 2 hours and then a lady pops out and goes "hey everybody, if youre registering your car/title, getting your license/permit and pictures, its best if you go home because our servers are down"

makes me the angriest asian in that building.

S13shaka
08-14-2008, 09:34 PM
heres a question for you, who cares?

slothonaleash
08-14-2008, 09:37 PM
i waited at the dmv for 2 hours and then a lady pops out and goes "hey everybody, if youre registering your car/title, getting your license/permit and pictures, its best if you go home because our servers are down"

makes me the angriest asian in that building.

twice....TWICE i have gone to the BMV (ohio's speshal) and they claimed their computers were down. Is it some kind of sick joke?

ESmorz
08-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I fucking hate the post office.

Never had any problems with the dmv. *knock on wood*

singlecamslam
08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
DMV is the worst, hands down. I went in there once to get my bike license and to register my car, they gave me a number that said B 412, and the little computer said "now serving B 284" I left and came back the next day right when they opened and i got a ticket by some cop right outside the DMV. I know it has nothing to do with the DMV, but i just hate it, those 3 letters are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

cc4usmc
08-14-2008, 09:42 PM
heres a question for you, who cares?

Grow up. If you hadn't noticed.. this the off topic area. You'd be surprised what people talk about here.

aziankingz
08-14-2008, 09:45 PM
i dont know about you guys but any government ran business in nyc are shitty.. especially the dmv and post office.. which is worst? probably dmv.. the dmv ive been to in brooklyn has the nastiest bitches working there.. they really need to improve on their customer service training or some shit..

norcal_black240
08-14-2008, 09:46 PM
I got no problem with the post office. I live in a small town so post office isint to bad. But the DMV I really hate to go to. Even with there new system where they give you tickets with numbers to increase efficiency, Most of the people working there are sorta rude and seem like they hate life. When you ask them a question most of them sound like there a tape recording from a rule book. Only a few of them are coo. Thats from my experience.

ronmcdon
08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
DMV at it's worst, can get a lot uglier than the post office. I also have to visit the DMW a lot more than the post office, since I use DHL for shipping most of the time. B/c of that, I vote DMV being more of a pita.

You just have to find the best DMW office in town, even if it means driving further. my closest DMW in Van Nuys will take roughly 30 mins to even get one of those ticket thingies, and another 2-3hrs just to have your ticket called. On top of that, there are kids running around, babies crying, etc. It's hell on earth!! On the other hand, another DMV I now go to in Santa Monica, takes around 20 mins or so total to get taken care of. It's definetly worth the extra 10 mins of driving.

My exp with post offices hasn't been that painful. 30 mins wait has been my longest.

flip3d
08-14-2008, 10:29 PM
In Orlando, the DMV is farrrrrrr worse than the post office. I got a number, drove to Denny's, had lunch, came back, and the wait was still maybe 1~ hour(s).

Here in Como, the DMV is like the post office in Orlando. The post office here is so dead. Theres probably like 5-6 people in the whole building at any given time.

lflkajfj12123
08-14-2008, 10:33 PM
dmv blows donkey dick

wrapmeup2005
08-14-2008, 10:36 PM
The Post Office is easy, if there is a line...yah it sucks but the DMV...there is a line then you usually have to deal with getting your shit done. The person serving you could be having the worst day ever and because of that you won't get what you need done.

Andrew Bohan
08-14-2008, 10:44 PM
usps.com ftw

print your label
stick it on
go in the post office, cut in front of everyone, drop your shit off on the counter and say "hey i'm droppin this off!"
then leave

takes like 5 seconds

MikeisNissan
08-14-2008, 11:13 PM
dmv. usps.com indeedy! Carrier pick up is the shit.

silviaguy240
08-14-2008, 11:16 PM
just gotta know when to go, first time i went to the DMV to get my license, i was in and out in 10-15minutes, longest ive waited i think was an hour maybe a bit more, and thats because i had to get insurance info faxed over.

shade
08-14-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't know if its all AAA places, but the one I go to has a small DMV office inside for members. The most people in line I've experienced before was like three people ahead of me. I love it.

Leetheslacker
08-14-2008, 11:42 PM
the dmv by me is really usually not bad at all. worst i've waited is 30 minutes.

post office is cake because my dad works there so i just give it to him to take care of.

SlideWell
08-14-2008, 11:44 PM
DMV because nothing is ever for sure with them. i always get different answers, explanations and solutions when i call. post office, shit, its gonna be there! lol

Flipzide
08-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I've never had a bad experience in the post office.

The DMV us generally worse; especially on days when it's really crowded and everyone is moody.

Oddly enough, I found the best time to go to the DMV w/ short wait times and lines was Thursday around noon to 2pm.

shishcabobers
08-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Just went to the DMV today, the thing I really hate about it is that damn ticket system. First you see how far you are and seems like it takes hours then once it gets closer, I dont know about you but i start to get anxious, and time gets super slow like minutes feel like years or something. I was there for almost 2 hours just to renew my license.

Andrew Bohan
08-15-2008, 12:54 AM
i dunno about socal, but in the bay area they have reader boards in all the dmv's that tell you the wait time in the other nearby dmv's

that's kind of handy

in hayward, it's always so crowded that people line up outside before it opens, like they're tryna get ipods or something.

fremont dmv is cool though. i usually only wait 30 minutes or so.

HyperTek
08-15-2008, 01:00 AM
dmv is the worst when you been waiting for a long time, then you get to the booth and "i will need to see your social security card" or something you left at home..... =\

17Green
08-15-2008, 02:01 AM
I've never been at a post office for longer than 2 minutes.

I've never been at a dmv less than 2 hours.

Kaizen.
08-15-2008, 02:41 AM
DMV!

A guy sat next to me for 45 min and finally asked, you need a number?!

that made my trip to the dmv feel faster. sucks for him

sigh....

LeftNutOfGowd
08-15-2008, 06:42 AM
The DMV is actually getting better you wont have to wait as much as before and i really don't have a reason to hit the post office lol

slidingsky
08-15-2008, 07:12 AM
We only have 2 DMVs (1 per county) for around 300,000 people.

We have atleast 20 Post Offices

You get the idea.

fromxtor
08-15-2008, 07:22 AM
For the most part I goto the post office on base, but theres a mailing service out the gate thats ships USPS/FEDEX/DHL etc. I'll go there if a package is big or heavy.

I have not been to a DMV in years. I'm a resident of FL, and take care of all my stuff online or through the mail.

CrimsonRockett
08-15-2008, 09:06 AM
DMV is the worst.

Ask them a simple question and ALWAYS get treated like shit even if I ask politely.

The people that work in the USPS by my house are super cool and friendly.

Fuck the DMV.

S13shaka
08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
no but seriously, who cares?

usdm180sx
08-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Triple A ftw. They can handle many DMV transactions. San Pedro DMV in So Cal never has long lines.

driven_
08-15-2008, 09:36 AM
DMV is the worst.

Ask them a simple question and ALWAYS get treated like shit even if I ask politely.

The people that work in the USPS by my house are super cool and friendly.

Fuck the DMV.

damn, agreed.

lady asked my dad "is this your current address?" and i go "yeah" and the bitch goes, "I AXED (yes, AXED) YOU A QUESTION! DO YOU STILL LIVE AT THIS LOCATION!?" and i get mad and go "YEAH"

god damn, dont ask the old asian guy whos not so fluent in english when the one who's fluent in english is standing right here.

so agreed, fuck'em bitches at the DMV.

40daws
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Most of the waiting time for me at the post office is the customers not having a clue,not
the employees.
DMV-yes they suck and a small percentage of the hold up is the customers at times also.

jrbump
08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
DMV is worse by far, I like the main post office here in Salem. Long line but they have all the counters open and keep it Moving.

Ironically I just applied to be the manager of one of the local DMV's, wish me luck.

driftphenom
08-15-2008, 11:55 AM
i went to the dmv to ask a question, and they still made me wait. then, before i even got the words out of my mouth, the bitch tells me to go to the liscence palte agency. she wouldnt even hear my question.

azndoc
08-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Triple A is getting to be DMV status also though.

But majority of the stuff you can do online now.

With the PS I just do it via online and have the mailman pick it up from the office.

Or I just go and drop it off at the PS without standing in line since it's paid already and has the label on it.

My favorite DMV is probably Compton, because they don't give a fuck.

illvialuver
08-15-2008, 07:37 PM
just gotta know when to go, first time i went to the DMV to get my license, i was in and out in 10-15minutes, longest ive waited i think was an hour maybe a bit more, and thats because i had to get insurance info faxed over.

its all about timing.