PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fiber hood-sacramento

ZILLVA
08-13-2008, 09:04 PM
needs some advice....i have a vis carbon fiber hood....clear coat is hazed and extremely thick....i have tried to wet sand it but still hazed up....is there anyone in the sacramento region that is willing to help me out...if anyones trying to make some extra cash....i want to get this done asap....

OptionZero
08-13-2008, 09:09 PM
post this in the regional section

koukimonster139
08-13-2008, 09:31 PM
paint it

please for the love of god paint any and all carbon fiber

silpena
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
i can re clear it. let me know.

kognition
08-13-2008, 11:11 PM
The "clearcoat" is actually a low density gelcoat. Your fooked basically. Nothing will fix it except a coat of paint. These hoods have to be immediately waxed when they are brand new in order to create a good seal from moisture. The moisture penetrates the gelcoat, and leaves behind mineral deposits when it evaporates. That's mass production for you. :duh:

needs some advice....i have a vis carbon fiber hood....clear coat is hazed and extremely thick....i have tried to wet sand it but still hazed up....is there anyone in the sacramento region that is willing to help me out...if anyones trying to make some extra cash....i want to get this done asap....

Mikey88
08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
yah your SOL...i cant wait to get rid of mine cause its all spider webed from unlatching on the highway and smacking the top of my winshield...yah i didnt have hood pins at the time my fault, but i dont think 140 with a cf hood is safe hahaha

kognition
08-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Yep, i make them and i don't even make a latch simply because customers need to use aerocatch latches or hoodpins,

yah your SOL...i cant wait to get rid of mine cause its all spider webed from unlatching on the highway and smacking the top of my winshield...yah i didnt have hood pins at the time my fault, but i dont think 140 with a cf hood is safe hahaha

Mikey88
08-13-2008, 11:33 PM
^^would you guys happen to make a carbon fiber AC trim in place of the center vents for 3 60mm gauges?

kognition
08-14-2008, 01:06 AM
No sorry. But we will have a blank version towards december when our dry carbon interior set is re released.

^^would you guys happen to make a carbon fiber AC trim in place of the center vents for 3 60mm gauges?