PDA

View Full Version : Gumball 2008: Excursion spins out & crashes on I-5

racer98
08-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Gumball 2008: Excursion spins out & crashes on I-5

Gumball Lamborghinis cause camper to jack knife in Interstate 5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube - Gumball 2008: Excursion spins out & crashes on I-5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wMkK_DVzjo)

5 South Past S El Camino Real Traffic Collision - Ambulance Responding 1:13 PM
Thomas Guide Map Coordinates: Page 993, Grid 6A
Blocking South 5 Just North of Calafia, Blocking Right of Lane of On Ramp 1:14 PM
Overturned Trailor 1:14 PM
2 Vehicles Invld 1:14 PM
Per Dupe Caller 3 Vehicles Involved, No Injury S 1:14 PM
Message/Item Delivered Sta 91 1:15 PM
Sev Lamborghis Caused this Traffic Collision 1:17 PM
Please Have Sta 18 Close Ecr On Ramp to South 5 1:24 PM
Message/Item Delivered San Clemente With Med and Reg 1:27 PM
Sta 18 Copys Closure at Ecr On Ramp to South 5 1:27 PM
Request Traffic Advise, for 45 Mins-1 Hr 1:28 PM
Message/Item Delivered Control Cpys Traffic Advise Ecr On Ramp to South 5 for 1 Hr 1:31 PM
CHP Unit on Scene 1:35 PM
Partially Blocking #4 Lane 1:46 PM
CHP Unit on Scene 1:49 PM
CHP Unit on Scene

there is youtube footage of it

where is the youtube thread so I can post it up.............

YoungGun
08-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Holy crap! Pretty insane video. Although I didn't see a Lamborghini anywhere near the trailer?

MikeisNissan
08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
The executioner.

SlideWell
08-12-2008, 11:34 PM
that wass, aaaaaawwweeesome!

ryguy
08-12-2008, 11:47 PM
I didnt see anything the Lambos did to cause the crash either. Looked like the driver was too busy paying attention to the Lambos and not to driving, unless i missed something you can't see in the video.

RiversideS13
08-12-2008, 11:48 PM
maybe the driver was whacking his self when he saw the lambo

SexPanda
08-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Idk... I'd be pissed if a lambo went past me at 160 on the interstate...

Mostly because going that fast is very unsafe, but deep down, I'd be a little pissed my car couldnt go 160. just a little.

BTW... it took CHP almost half an hour to get to the scene... Dont you love that in this country, you can have a pizza delivered in less time than it takes for the cops to show up?

All due respect to the police, I know theyre doing their jobs to the fullest... but damn.

ericcastro
08-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah, Gumballs pretty fucked up. There very fortunate that the SUV wastnt full of children that ended up dead.

KEEP IT ON THE TRACK, or back roads and industrial areas in the middle of the night.

Only ricer assholes punch it to over 100mph in traffic like that.

wrapmeup2005
08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
that wass, aaaaaawwweeesome!

Fuckin tommy boy lol.
Yah I really didn't see any lambos going near the excursion or his 5th wheel. I also don't really think they were going 160. 30 minutes to respond to an accident is pretty damn bad.

rainier
08-13-2008, 12:15 AM
like everyone said, it was the driver of the truck.(from what we see in the video)

if i saw a shitload of nice cars, i'd stare, but also i would keep my attention somewhat to the road. he didnt and failed.

as for gumball 2008, LOOK FOR THIS!
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1614/6490800/20303843/329852084.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1614/6490800/20150833/329575277.jpg

only one in the race with an old school bmx cruiser sitting on its roof.

Massimo Power
08-13-2008, 12:25 AM
awww... poor Evolution... :(

norcal_black240
08-13-2008, 12:34 AM
A accident is bound to happen on the gumball run. A bunch of awesome fast cars smashing down interstates=something bad gonna happen.

sxe
08-13-2008, 12:42 AM
new evo's are super gay and ugly. but thats coming from an evo 8 owner..

anyway back on topic. thats what he gets for driving around a 8mpg big ass SUV..

BustedS13
08-13-2008, 12:47 AM
anyway back on topic. thats what he gets for driving around a 8mpg big ass SUV..

no. you are completely, 100% incorrect.

gumball is a bunch of shitheads doing shithead things.

adrians_s13
08-13-2008, 12:50 AM
maybe the truck was trying to manji?

ericcastro
08-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Yeah, and it shows a lambo pass him fast. But we have all seen the Gumball videos and know before that car there was probably 5 other exotics taht blew by him too.

The driver may have gotten startled, but thats because the cars are flying by him. You cant expect everyone on the streets to be as good of drivers as most of us are.

Sil-Abc
08-13-2008, 12:52 AM
partially i see it being both their faults. First the gumballers:

-yes they are going fast and breaking laws and being disrespectful
-cutting people off
-reckless driving
-awareness of their surroundings is at a low during their trips

Now it was the excursions fault because:

-he was going the same speed as everyone else (speed limit is 65/70 or 75 on 5. Trailers its 55 max)
-if youre going to tow something, u should know what ur doing or take it slow. he had to have jerked the wheel to cause it to swing like that.
-he was not aware of his surroundings, when i was towing a tow i was always watchin my mirrors and knew what was coming. Obviously he wasnt because it was light traffic and should have seen them coming.

I think its unfortunate but both parties were at fault.

ericcastro
08-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Watch the video in large.

Right before as it starts the SUV has already begun to loose control.
Then as the lambo clears to the left it looks like a car is in front of the SUV's lane and moves another lane to the left.

I bet someone mashed it and cut infront of the SUV and kept going. And the SUV driver probably tapped the brakes since he just got cut off, and ended up loosing control cause the heavy trailer.

sxe
08-13-2008, 01:01 AM
no. you are completely, 100% incorrect.

gumball is a bunch of shitheads doing shithead things.

im 100% possitive that i am NOT 100% incorrect.

the excursion gets horrable MPG... i had one.:wiggle:

as far as the lambo's go. there isnt enough in the video to tell what really happened..

either the excursion slammed its brakes and made it start to lose control.

or swerved and lost control.

either way both are nearly his fault..

im sure he didnt need to slam on the brakes for a car going faster than him. nor a car that wasnt close to hitting him..

i know gumball doesnt have the safest and respectfull driving habits, but he shouldnt have lost control unless!! he was hit..

my 00.2

ericcastro
08-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Taken from the driver of another car on another forum.

"Let me sum up the events of yesterday as briefly as I can. Bare with me, as putting my thoughts into words is not my best skill.

I am on the 5 freeway south following my fellow Lambo owners and Gumballers going toward San Diego. Our speeds are in bursts but now we are just taking it easy and cruising. I am following the other 2 Murcis (one silver and gun metal grey, without the Gumball stickers) and driving in the #4 lane. Directly behind me, in my rearview mirror, about 1/8 of a mile away, I see this camper flip flopping on the freeway and eventually over turning. I am in shock and concerned for many reasons but ultimately I am hoping no one is seriously injured or killed.

So I wait till the next scheduled stop to talk to the other drivers about the incident and as we arrive the rumor has already spread. Everyone is saying the silver LP640 was driving recklessly, cutoff the camper, there were kids in the camper and they are injured. I immediately tell the guy that is ridiculous, there was only 1 silver LP on the run and it was directly in front of me when the camper went out of control. There is absolutely no way that he caused it. Then Elim tells me there is a sigalert saying "CAMPER OVERTURNED ON THE FREEWAY SEVERAL LAMBORGHINIS ARE THE CAUSE". Then I find out there were cameras video taping the entire incident and it was placed on YOUTUBE. com within 10 minutes of the accident. WOW!

How did this rumor start? Well the CGT owner (which you see in the video) calls a few of the participants and starts the rumor His buddies in the other cars around him verify the story and use him as a scape goat.

Anyways, we got a real bad vibe at the Gumball stop and leave immediately. There is traffic, everyone gets lost and split up. I end up pulling into a gas station to gather my thoughts and grab a drink. A day that was supposed to be fun, pleasant, hanging out with fellow Lambo owners (genuinely nice guys we always do runs with) has turned for the worst. All the drivers are afraid to get on the freeway now because we think the CHP is on the hunt for us. Finally, I meet up with a few of the guys to discuss what we should do and it turns out the silver LP has gone to the next Gumball stop and cant leave because his car is blocked in and is completely unaware that he has been used as the scapegoat.

Rumors fly quickly at these events and everyone is blaming him for the accident. He told us later that many people were taking pictures of his car and a lady approached him asking “how does it feel to cause the accident?” Anyways the silver LP eventually joins us at the restaurant; we all feel horrible, sit for a few hours and dread what will be happening to us in the future.

The different possible scenarios are rushing through our heads now (If someone died everyone is liable, we can all go to jail, we can all be held civilly liable for the actions of one person, CHP is on the hunt for us, but the worst thought is that someone has been seriously injured or killed from our careless actions). I keep replaying the scene in my head and I am 100% sure the Silver LP was in front of me

Well, I finally get home and start analyzing the tape to make some sense of what really happened. After hours of discussion and thought here it is:

We don’t know why the camper lost control, but it did. The LP was in front of me so there is no way he caused it. The 3 gumball cars speeding on the video were the closest to the camper when this happened (keep in mind I am watching all this go down in my rear view mirror). These guys immediately know they are at fault by speeding and now want to protect themselves at all costs. Well they came up with a great plan to blame it on someone else, coo berate their stories and tell everyone about it. They probably assumed the driver of the camper will say a silver exotic car caused the accident (most people generally don’t know the difference between a Lambo or Ferrari, etc).

Why did they pick the silver LP? Not sure, I am under the impression there was some issues before and possibly the owner of the Silver LP’s ethnicity came into play. Who knows what they were thinking and really who cares, massive damage has been done. The owner of the CGT and LP had actually shooken hands an hour before in Huntington and were speaking to each other. These people couldn’t care less about the problems they could have caused the owner of the LP or other Lambo owners, there only concern is themselves.

Anyways, after viewing the tape probably 20 times it is clear no LP in the picture and there is nothing but open road in front of the camper. Did these guys cause the accident?? You be the judge.

I am extremely upset about this entire incident, 24 hours later my blood is still boiling. I first wanted them to apologize to all of us for messing up our day and wanted them to go in front of the Gumball participants and tell them they lied to protect themselves. But no, that would not be a justifiable punishment. If these people had the nerves to blame this incident on an innocent person, they don’t deserve any sympathy whatsoever. Let the world know what kind of people they are. These types of people would do anything for their own benefit. If they get in a DUI accident and kill somebody, they will put you in the driver’s seat and let you take the blame. I have known people like this before and stay as far away as I can from them. I am big on morals/values and standing up for what is right. These people do not have an ounce of decency in them.

The funny thing about it, the guy who owns the silver LP is probably one of the coolest, nicest guys I have ever met.

To the guys involved, Karma is a bitch!"

So his story says its not thier fault.

But there were also multiple cars in front of the camper speeding and driving iratically ("burst" as he says hmself). AND the guys in front of the cameper are his homies.

So whos to really know till its all said and done.

ronmcdon
08-13-2008, 01:49 AM
I didnt see anything the Lambos did to cause the crash either. Looked like the driver was too busy paying attention to the Lambos and not to driving, unless i missed something you can't see in the video.

unless I'm unable to see the vid in full resolution (or I'm just blind), the vid doesn't really show much. you pretty much just see the trailer crash. i don't think it tells you anything what caused the crash. Its hard (if not impossible) to see what went on in front of the suv.

this whole mess could get interesting. seems to me either the lambo or the cgt are at fault. why blame another or deny it, if it was the suv's fault. suv probably did over-react to a certain extent too, but its difficult to determine that from a poor resolution u-tube vid.

Rick-95ZE
08-13-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm very interested in knowing what the driver of the SUV has to say about the incident.. Regardless of the specifics, I'm willing to bet that this would not have happened if they had not been flying down the Interstate that day. All of them should feel responsible for participating in a "Racing event" on the Interstate.

Edit:BTW,when did this happen???

LeftNutOfGowd
08-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Hahaha maybe someone was in the trailer getting it on lol

Dirty Habit
08-13-2008, 08:30 AM
How about the whole video? Your telling me the guy in the car had the foresight to flip on the camera right before it started to crash. Bullshit.

Lets watch the film starting 30-40 seconds before and after that to see what really happened.

racer98
08-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Where is that full video and forum

mrmephistopheles
08-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Funny.
We actually passed a Gumballer in some Mercedes SUV the other day going down to San Diego. It was at the 215S/15S exchange.

jackjack
08-13-2008, 09:47 AM
either way, thats messed up. i've been in a similar situation. not fun.

highwaystar22
08-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Based on the video I see no evidence that the Gumballers cause the accident. Looks like a straight tank slapper to me. I've been in a truck where that started to happen and we recovered out of it. It can happen randomly from just a hard gust of wind, or exceeding the speed limit of the trailer.

To me it looks like the Gumballers were in the wrong place at the wrong time and they are an easy target for someone to blame.

singlecamslam
08-13-2008, 11:35 AM
wasnt that the jackass crew in that excursion? I think i heard Johny Knoxville and his crew were in an excursion for the gumball run. Or was it cannon ball..? or bullrun..? i dont know, all those names confuse me.

BustedS13
08-13-2008, 12:12 PM
How about the whole video? Your telling me the guy in the car had the foresight to flip on the camera right before it started to crash. Bullshit.

Lets watch the film starting 30-40 seconds before and after that to see what really happened.

exactly. why would they post up video of the truck starting to crash instead of the whole thing? unless, of course, it WASN'T a silver murcielago causing the crash.
which is just more evidence pointing towards "some fuckup gumballer" causing the wreck.

ericcastro
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Funny.
We actually passed a Gumballer in some Mercedes SUV the other day going down to San Diego. It was at the 215S/15S exchange.

thats pretty cool.

I saw several of them last year driving through hollywood. I was pretty excited.

although after this and that incident last year, Im not so stoked on these guys.

Why did it originally start out crossing the Country on empty roads they could speed on, And now they are in cities and full on traffic??

Mi Beardo es Loco
08-15-2008, 04:17 PM
I wonder if the SUV had a bumper sticker on it saying "when this trailer's-a-flippin, don't start-a-bitchin"

Matej
08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
That would suck to be sleeping inside the camper.