PDA

View Full Version : drive from seattle to tampa, your thoughts?

SlideWell
08-12-2008, 10:20 PM
this might be the only time where i can really turn my life around. im pretty scared. the car is RHD s14 zenki, 18" work equips with brand new federal 595's, stock motor, apexi gt spec exhaust, yashio factory coils, uras engine mounts and trans mount, peak performance rear subframe bushings, circuit sports engine torque dampener, full body kit. downfall of this all is i have to sell my macbook pro in order to cover the trip and anything that may arise giving myself a good safety margin. i dont fall asleep or get dozey when i drive. i have driven across the country before from tampa to seattle with my dad before. i have a friend offering to drive back with me thats actually gonna be here saturday to visit, but im thinking it would be easier on funding to just drive alone. discuss gas mileage, hazards, etc. it took 4 1/2 days to drive last time with stopping at sight seeing places. the car just received a good tune up with all fluids flushed, water pump, spark plugs etc. motor has 48k miles on it.
and id be lying if this doesnt come to mind, haha!... jsut try to n keep my head up. obviously im not going to be racing or smashing on my car YouTube - Prelude To 2 Fast 2 Furious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivib_18Euk0)

cc4usmc
08-12-2008, 10:21 PM
take lots of pics and keep track of your progress.. that would make for a great thread. and drive safe!

MikeisNissan
08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
My buddy Chewy drove from Cali to Murderland in his KA S13. +1 for him.

Bubbles
08-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Road trips are sweet.

Regarding passengers, in my opinion, the more the merrier.

What does this mean?

this might be the only time where i can really turn my life around.

You sold that mac yet?

SlideWell
08-12-2008, 11:17 PM
this guy wants to buy it, i think i just need to suck it up, be a man, and sell it.
that quote, is exactly what it says. id rather not go into it =/

rainier
08-12-2008, 11:20 PM
do it. as long as you personally trust your engine and your car you're set. i dont see why you wouldnt want a passenger, even if he doesnt pay for anything, its still always good to have someone there.

like people said, it would make a awesome thread if you did it and took pics all along the way.

SlideWell
08-12-2008, 11:24 PM
yeah. im sure i could borrow my sisters digital camera for the trip. thanks!

Bubbles
08-12-2008, 11:24 PM

Why mention something on the interweb of all places, then not explain it?

Meh, I've lost interest.

SlideWell
08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
whats important is that i have more opportunities in Florida and not here. but thanks for the limited interest lol.

khmerguy618
08-13-2008, 01:27 AM
this guy wants to buy it, i think i just need to suck it up, be a man, and sell it.

this guy wants to buy it :D

I always take a change in scenery or atmosphere as a way to reflect and start things over.

If thats what you need then it's def. the right choice.

safe journey.

SlideWell
08-13-2008, 01:29 AM
thank you so much! im nearly in tears bro.

SlideWell
08-13-2008, 02:43 AM
mac is sold, i have $1500 to cover my trip. 3100 miles, i believe i should get 30mpg. so im thinking max $600 for fuel.

DRavenS13
08-13-2008, 02:48 AM
If you can, you should. Road trips are fun, and you might not have the opportunity to do it again.

But, just plan accordingly. Take extra cash so in case something happens to the car, you can cover it without tapping into gas/food money.

Take a passenger. If you run out of money, you can always sell them on the side of the road.

SlideWell
08-13-2008, 02:52 AM
hahah, ill have extra cash. im a Safety Coordinator, thats how my mind works. Safety. i believe my car should be fine, and its mostly downhill after Montana. I may or may not take Mike. considering the Mac is sold now, i coul really use him as the second driver. we'll see when he comes up saturday. this will make one hell of a thread. plus. i need a Navigator =p

Firestorm
08-13-2008, 02:53 AM
you should do it. road trips are awesome. take some friends with you, so you can split the gas money.

SlideWell
08-13-2008, 02:57 AM
yea, mike is only bringin up about $500 tho. so he can only afford a small amount to kick my way. plus, if i decide to crash in my car for sleep, its easier on me. my dad and i did that before.
if fellow zilvians want to accept me for a night thatd be awesome too, long as its not too far outta the way, just mapquest seattle to tampa.

spoolandslide
08-13-2008, 03:57 AM
good luck

you should take the lord of the rings on tape

its amazing

SlideWell
08-13-2008, 04:01 AM
good luck

you should take the lord of the rings on tape

its amazing

lol ur funny. ill take that into consideration. all i have is my jdm tape deck and ipod.

spoolandslide
08-13-2008, 04:14 AM
dude

im not even kidding its sensational
the guy who reads the books has an amazing character voice that will blow you away

Amazon.com: The Lord of the Rings (Box Set) (J.R.R. Tolkien): J. R. R. Tolkien, Brian Sibley: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Box-J-R-R-Tolkien/dp/0553472283)

SlideWell
08-13-2008, 04:49 AM
13 odd-some hours? ill pick it up bro, thanks!

fliprayzin240sx
08-13-2008, 07:21 AM
You got the car bank already? Id drive that around your area first for a couple of weeks to make sure everything is good to go. Get a water temp gauge and oil pressure, you should be good to go with those 2.

I made almost the same drive, NJ to San Diego. A good rule of thumb is drive 12 hrs to 14 hrs max. I basically drove for 2 full gas tank and then stopped wherever i need gas for the 3rd time that day. I went from NJ, chilled at Ohio, then Kansas city, to Arizona before I headed to socal. That was 4 days of taking it easy since my car was packed with all my stuff. My car was so full that I had to lean over the steering wheel to look around my TV so I can see the side mirror to see whats on my right side.

stiizy
08-13-2008, 07:29 AM
You'll have a great time i drove from NYC to AZ a couple times...

its cool just do like 12-15 hour days and your good

driftphenom
08-13-2008, 09:07 AM
makes me wanna take a road trip. i was thinking about driving up to kentucky, where the rest of my family is. im in nc, so its only like 8-9 hour drive but its still awesome. my grandparents are old and i need to see them again before its too late. so i would say go for it. i agree with the whole new place/ start over option too. being so far from home really opens your eyes, and you realize there is a whole other world out there. traveling is great i wish i could do it more. cowboy up and hit the raod, take pictures, have a ball and if you think you would be better off doing it alone, i say do it. i hate having passengers. just my 3 cents

SlideWell
08-13-2008, 06:14 PM
thanks for all the support. no i dont have it back yet Ray, shit is supposed to be done before Saturday. we're cuttin it close. ill be having my friend drive it around here for a week or 2 before i jet. i'll have minimal things in the car.

Andrew Bohan
08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
take a shit in every state and take a picture of it

then make a blog about shitting across the country as you go

SlideWell
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
take a shit in every state and take a picture of it

then make a blog about shitting across the country as you go

LOL. man ive seen some shit COVERED bathrooms, i think it was just kentucky tho. shit everywhere, on the walls, ceiling, floor.
so you think i should like actually shit on the ground eh? sounds fun, but im not lookin for any trouble :bowrofl:

mRclARK1
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Have a good trip!!

I drove from Calgary, AB, Canada to Norfolk, VA once... That was a LONG drive. haha. Yours is even farther.