PDA

View Full Version : Girl Too Ugly for Olympics?

Mathetai
08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Ceremony sham - Little girl 'too ugly' to take part in Olympic showpiece | Metro.co.uk (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/olympics/article.html?in_article_id=260852&in_page_id=310)

That is so jacked up. I think she is a cute little girl. Even with a jacked up grill. :bow:

Unholy S14
08-12-2008, 11:54 AM
thats China for you.

They wanna look impressive with the Olympics

mRclARK1
08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
That's humanity for you is what that is.

Tell a child she's to ugly to be seen in a public venue?

Go to hell.

Unholy S14
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
for sure.....

LeftNutOfGowd
08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
That's so stupid if she has the skill let her show it

Silverbullet
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
that is terrible. She is a cute little girl.

jackjack
08-12-2008, 12:11 PM
oh snap. thats harsh.

YoungGun
08-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Shiiiiit.

Gonna be emo.

PRADOgy
08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Damn china is all fucked up lol..

from .. your ass is to ugly to used condoms on hats

CrimsonRockett
08-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Fucking selfish assholes.

Someone take a bat to their faces and call them ugly.

stiizy
08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Damn that's fucked up...

now i bet they feel like assholes as the story leaked out

Fucking Tards

Okinawandrifter87
08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Awww she is a cute little girl

240trainee
08-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Damn that's fucked up...

now i bet they feel like assholes as the story leaked out

Fucking Tards

I highly doubt it.

I don't know why this surprises people, lol.

stiizy
08-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah but just cause their the Face of the Olympics doesn't give you the right to discriminate right??

g6civcx
08-12-2008, 12:56 PM
That is so jacked up. I think she is a cute little girl. Even with a jacked up grill. :bow:

Your position may be agreeable, but it's within the organizer's rights to put on whatever face they want.

Turn on your TV. Do you think America is above this?

Plus just be happy her voice is displayed. Have you lived with a Communist regime?

Antihero983
08-12-2008, 12:56 PM
you watch, she's gonna grow up to be fucking smoking hot, and she'll have her teeth fixed.

jrbump
08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
She's cute as a button.

Really too bad for her, I hope this doesn't make her too sad.

I guess you could turn on the TV and see the same discrimination here, the difference here is that her parents could have said no to using just her voice.

240trainee
08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Have you lived with a Communist regime?

Yea, I think people are forgetting this about these games. Keep that in mind while watching things.

Also, the "history and progress of China" opening ceremony was amusing in that aspect as well.

Brian
08-12-2008, 01:02 PM
as shitty as this is to say, thats just how life is.

Why don't they put a bunch of ugly people in movies?
why are TV commercials, print ads, etc. not filled with ugly people?
Why do they use specific people in movies just for shots of hands?

I'm sorry, but that is just the way it is.

also, for the record, I feel bad for the little girl. that is really sad.

KwKouki
08-12-2008, 01:04 PM
politics ftl

shishcabobers
08-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Yea fricken china, always trying to look gooder than they really are (j/k about saying gooder,better), and yes the little girl is cute, such a messed up society

KwKouki
08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
kinda makes you wonder how much more is being faked...performances, scores, ect.

MikeisNissan
08-12-2008, 01:17 PM
I wonder what Dave Chappalle thinks of this.

Unholy S14
08-12-2008, 01:20 PM
kinda makes you wonder how much more is being faked...performances, scores, ect.

cant fake performances nor scores.

but they have a homefield advantage because many of the sports have a fan-audience factor.

judges will be moved by the fans, which will help scores. Happened in 96 in Atlanta when US one.

Silverbullet
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Turn on your TV. Do you think America is above this?

good point. :w00t:

azndoc
08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I saw a really ugly baby at Babies R us the other day.

Seriously the mom probably gave birth on top of the ugly tree and the baby popped out and hit every ugly tree branch on the way down. Then played slip and slide on 80 grit sand paper.

Yeah I'm in that kind of a mood today.

g6civcx
08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying there's some whack shiz going on over there, and here too.

Beauty is in the eye(eyes?) of the beholder, but would you watch ugly people on TV?

We have a really skewed perception of beauty. Naturally we're supposed to seek out the best mate(s) to raise offsprings, but if the mate we choose is spending all this time to look good, how much time is dedicated to raising offsprings?

Dousan_PG
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
haha
we'd do the same damn thing

no one wants to see fat people.
no one really jerks off to it.
no one wants to date one.

so who cares.
GOOD CHOICE china.
id rather see that little cutie then some bucktoothed fatty.

get serious!!

welch's commercials dont pick cute fat girls!!!

A Spec Products
08-12-2008, 01:32 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/MilliVanilli04.jpg/235px-MilliVanilli04.jpg

It has happened before.

Buh buh buhbye baby!

Watch me do my Milli Vanilli dance!

ayuaddict
08-12-2008, 01:33 PM
thats pretty stupid.

fuck that, Asia as a whole is all fucked up, i wouldnt be surprised if Japan pulled something like that.

...on a daily basis.

Dousan_PG
08-12-2008, 01:33 PM
america does it all the time!! haha
seriously
think about it.

Brian
08-12-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't understand why ANYBODY here is saying it is something "typical" that China would do.

Really? Are you guys ALL under a rock? DO you own a TV? have you seen anything at the movies? Billboard? Outside of a box?

Dousan_PG
08-12-2008, 01:36 PM
most never been to china or outside the USA

its like this EVERYWHERE.
ugly people just dont cut it!

Brian
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Ethnocentrism

drift freaq
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
haha
we'd do the same damn thing

no one wants to see fat people.
no one really jerks off to it.
no one wants to date one.

so who cares.
GOOD CHOICE china.
id rather see that little cutie then some bucktoothed fatty.

get serious!!

welch's commercials dont pick cute fat girls!!!

LOL Aaron, but yes so true.

Plus people we are talking about Communist China!

Shit they are telling everyone the Smog in Beijing is just mist! LOL

Its a totalitarian regime that rewrites their history and everything else at any given chance. Its like duh its expected!
Its like Mattel pulls toys because of lead in the paint and instead of China apologizing they make Mattel apologize! So they can save face for themselves, when they are at fault.

Oh and guess what would have happened if Mattel did not apologize? China would have kicked them out of their manufacturing plants. Fucked up they are.

LOL Ethics? They don't have fucking Ethics.

Oh and I am not saying that the U.S. does not have its own faults and shit. Humans are humans and if we were perfect probably would not exist. Though China does take the cake and that is a fact. LOL

HyperTek
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
they are jsut protecting the image of china, or consider it as censorship..
America has tons of fat people, lets face it we are overweight, but in the media they dont like to show it as much. In hopes that it will help the problem go away..

Girl still sang her part. so im sure she doesnt know any different.. We are probably over exaggerating. Things are different in China that we would say is unacceptable.

Still sucks tho, cant really turn down a little girl if it was her dream to be out there doing it.

LeftNutOfGowd
08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Here's the full story

Olympic opening uses girl's voice, not face - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-china-lip-synchedsong&prov=ap&type=lgns)

ayuaddict
08-12-2008, 02:12 PM
seriously
think about it.

yea you're right.

the whole world is fucked up.

...or perhaps this is ideal, like somebody stated earlier - simple survival of the fittest, and i just have a fucked up sense of right and wrong.

C. Senor
08-12-2008, 02:19 PM
yeah. i'm not really surprised. i mean its really fucked up. telling a little girl "yo, we need you to sing but you can't be on the tv. you're just not pretty enough....but your voice rocks...woot!" that's jacked.

but it's true. i bet none of you can say, you've seen someone of the opposite sex and not said "daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, get that chick a bag."

and they staged those fireworks. LOL. awesome.

mRclARK1
08-12-2008, 03:34 PM
seriously
think about it.

I don't understand why ANYBODY here is saying it is something "typical" that China would do.

Really? Are you guys ALL under a rock? DO you own a TV? have you seen anything at the movies? Billboard? Outside of a box?

It's something China would do because China is hosting the olympics this year. The rest of humanity isn't above it either. It's not an American thing, it's not a Chinese thing... It's a human being thing. People judge, and they do it immediatly. Decent individuals look past their instinctive judement. People as a collective mob? Not a chance.

I don't think anywhere else in the world is above it for the most part. However I don't know if everywhere would pass that judgement on to a small child. We do it to adults here all the time for sure, but I really don't see the girl not being allowed to sing herself in person if the games were being hosted in one of many other nations. I could very well be wrong however.

China just has a bit of a bad rap with human rights issues etc. within the rest world right now and this is a chance for them to put on a good face. I think this is just one thing where they went a little to far to try and impress...

We don't care about the attractiveness of Chinese children, or anyone else's, in the rest of the world.

FWIW I bet she grows up to be smoking hot...

LB.Motoring
08-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Thats china for you,

Ever bought something chinese? :keke:

A Spec Products
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah people are mad close minded if you think its isolated to a "Chinese" thing

Look at stuff like airlines

Singapore Airlines, among other airlines, still hire based on looks

Which is considered WRONG by places like the USA...which is why you don't see the hot mamis on American Airlines and stuff

Is that wrong? Nope, if your business is based on providing the best face forward, then it would only make sense you hire based on looks, or at least factor it in

I am all for equal opportunity, but I think sometimes people are way too serious about it

I mean, can you imagine an overweight lady modeling Victoria Secret?

I'm not saying anything bad about overweight ladies, but obviously if the product is tailored with a specific type of person in mind, it would only make sense to use someone that looks the part

Now as far as the original topic is concerned...that is pretty messed up, but China wants to make their best impression, so if they choose a cuter kid, then that's their choice

America's just as guilty, if not worse

BustedS13
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
china = fail

oh, and btw, russia invaded georgia
BUT HEY WE GOT GOLD MEDALS BABY WOOOOO

Dousan_PG
08-12-2008, 03:52 PM
i flew AA to japan
sigh

i stick w/ CATHAY PACIFIC to HK

i heard THAI AIRWAYS are smoking hot!

i want to try HOOTERS airline if they are still around
haha
FRIED CHICKEN inflight food!!

JVD
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Man this guy I work with says all the Aussie flight attendants are smokin. I recently flew West Jet... and lets just say they were clearly not Aussie flight attendants. Apparently on an Air Canada flight some Aussie guy was like "WTF is with all the ugly flight attendants?!"

I'm all for hiding the ugggos.

RPS13Dorifto
08-12-2008, 04:15 PM
that is lame she is kinda cute...

ESmorz
08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Who the fuck cares?

This happens EVERYWHERE. ALL THE TIME...

Wanna be actresses, wanna be models... they all get told the same thing. Even ones that 90% of Zilvia would gladly pork.

Lastly, in comparison to the other little girl in the picture, she is a little fat fuggo so I fail to see the problem here. Oh no! China is so awful because they told a little girl she's ugly. Now that they leaked this story her parents probably won't have hands. Then you can be upset.

Blah Blah

eastcoastS14
08-12-2008, 04:44 PM
i heard they shot both girls after the ceremony anyway so whatever

mRclARK1
08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Man this guy I work with says all the Aussie flight attendants are smokin. I recently flew West Jet... and lets just say they were clearly not Aussie flight attendants. Apparently on an Air Canada flight some Aussie guy was like "WTF is with all the ugly flight attendants?!"

Ok, then we'll hide the stupid people (86% of Zilvia gone...), the handicapped people, elderly people, religious people, people who are unfriendly, just generally anyone who has an issue that can become bothersome in any social setting...

Hey! Where'd everyone go? :ugh:

:rolleyes:

ESmorz
08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Shit.

I'll still be here.

Lmfao

Andrew Bohan
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
if i was 5 i'd totally hit that cute girl
she's HELLA cute.

but not the ugly girl
she's HELLA ugly

mRclARK1
08-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Shit.

I'll still be here.

Lmfao

That's unlikely. Somebody out there somewhere will not like something about you that's beyond your control. lol

dirtdiggler666
08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
its just sad i feel bad for the little girl

RiversideS13
08-12-2008, 05:33 PM
if i am her dad i will go blow up the stadium

CrimsonRockett
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
if i was 5 i'd totally hit that cute girl
she's HELLA cute.

but not the ugly girl
she's HELLA ugly

:rofl:

Cold bloodeeeeedddd

:rofl:

ESmorz
08-12-2008, 05:40 PM
That's unlikely. Somebody out there somewhere will not like something about you that's beyond your control. lol

Don't be ridiculous.

The little girlies fawn after me.

:hitit:

spoolandslide
08-12-2008, 05:44 PM
is that little ugly girl the best china has to offer in the singing children department

c'mon china

STEP YO GAME UP *what*
STEP YO GAME UP
STEP YO GAME UP

180sExy
08-12-2008, 06:45 PM
lol thats sooooo F'ed up! Man you gotta wonder what that is gonna do to her selfesteem. lolz wow I could have been seen around the world repp'in my country but they said I'm too ugly, I bet she's gonna put out when she's in High School.

sillyvia13
08-12-2008, 07:02 PM
dang.
all I can say,,,
You;ll see it more often,,,my dang alert is going crazy with people and their opinions

LB.Motoring
08-12-2008, 07:04 PM

Just flew air canada last weekend,

nothing but duds. :-/

Pank
08-12-2008, 07:28 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/MilliVanilli04.jpg/235px-MilliVanilli04.jpg

It has happened before.

Buh buh buhbye baby!

Watch me do my Milli Vanilli dance!

Blame it on the rainrainrainrainrainrainrain

adrians_s13
08-12-2008, 07:34 PM
aw thats sad... lol shes cute

Matej
08-12-2008, 07:39 PM
People are just trying to dig up all the dirt they can on China. I bet if the Olympics were held in a different country that's more well-liked, no one would even bother to investigate about some little girl from the ceremony.
Yes this is sad, but it happens everywhere all the time.

azndoc
08-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah on my way to Hooter's now.

The one place where you can't be ugly to work there.

And yes I do love the wings.

DRavenS13
08-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Judging children this way is just plain wrong, no matter where you are.

But, the whole world is ran on the exploitation of those that are too weak to stand up for themselves.

In this case, targeting children is easier... Shooting fish in a barrel.

But who cares... As long as they get their marketing across, and they make their money... That's really all that matters to them.

Not the ones I've been to. Some of those chicks are :barf:

Bubbles
08-12-2008, 11:21 PM
China discriminating on bad teeth?

That's like Rosie O' Donnell hating on me for being fat.

Bitch please.

Andrew Bohan
08-12-2008, 11:45 PM
if you were a country of rosie o'donnells wouldn't you want a skinny person to represent you?

oh wait we're already doing it

Bubbles
08-12-2008, 11:47 PM
if you were in a country of rosie o'donnells

Don't even joke about that.

ESmorz
08-12-2008, 11:54 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/AvrilH8er13/america.jpg

JRas
08-13-2008, 01:09 AM
That's China for you...

just proves they'd mess/cheat on other stuff

I'm sorry couldn't resist.. those girls are underaged who competed in the womans gymnastics.. not a doubt in my mind

2slow2go
08-13-2008, 02:26 AM
That's China for you...

just proves they'd mess/cheat on other stuff

I'm sorry couldn't resist.. those girls are underaged who competed in the womans gymnastics.. not a doubt in my mind

come on now. you haven't been even watching the olympics have you? did you know that most of the time that China beat the U.S were by huge margins right? cheating wouldn't affect much.

nonetheless the parents of the children aren't even bitching so i don't know why you are.

wh0aitznic0
08-13-2008, 02:54 AM
come on now. you haven't been even watching the olympics have you? did you know that most of the time that China beat the U.S were by huge margins right? cheating wouldn't affect much.

nonetheless the parents of the children aren't even bitching so i don't know why you are.

WORD !! +rep

Even if China used "real" 15/16 year olds (the girls looked 12), the US would have still lost but not by a 2.xxx deficit. Alicia (bangin) and the other two main gymnasts from the US team just didn't do well at all except for the Lukin girl on the uneven bars. That performance was :eek:

1989rps13
08-13-2008, 02:54 AM
That is Fucked up. The little girl doesnt even look ugly she looks like any other seven year old lil girl would look. Man this world is so jacked up!!

drftwerks
08-13-2008, 03:42 AM

And yes I do love the wings.

I DUNNO JACK

http://mikeresponts.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/hooter-preggo-girl.jpg

The ROMAN
08-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Aww she is cute...the girl in front I mean, not the ugly one. The ugly one's ugly.

Alicia (bangin) and the other two main gymnasts from the US team just didn't do well at all except for the Lukin girl on the uneven bars. That performance was :eek:
Wait I didn't miss womens' gymnastics did I?!? :cry:

Andrew Bohan
08-13-2008, 09:45 AM
no, you just missed the highest gymnastics score EVAR

(in the new scoring system)

JVD
08-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Ok, then we'll hide the stupid people (86% of Zilvia gone...), the handicapped people, elderly people, religious people, people who are unfriendly, just generally anyone who has an issue that can become bothersome in any social setting...

Hey! Where'd everyone go? :ugh:

:rolleyes:
No no no. I said UGGOS. I didn't mention those other people...

Because I like hot dumb girls too! Ugly smart girls... they're the worst! Handicapped people are cool in my book. Old people are pure awesome, especially when driving. Religious people? I don't mind. I like unfriendly people, because I'm one of them... so I appreciate their unfriendliness.

HyperTek
08-13-2008, 11:00 AM
i seen a prego stripper at spearmint rhino before *Tera Patrick was performing and this prego was one of the strippers there* not a pretty sight but figure she probably wasnt that way when she started lol. She musta been 3-4 months into it. But future single moms gotta do what they gotta do. =(

But cheer up guys, Maybe the pretty girl cant sing for chit, and the other girl probably sings great... still, it can lead to a bright future for her, i dunno about china, but we got alot of less then model-looking singers etc.

Some of you guys will be upset when you find out China has a 1 child law. China is alot different then here.

Im getting sick of watching just gymnastics and swimming whenever i turn on the olympics, when will the real physical sports be showing? lol

axiomatik
08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Sad for the little girl. Not pretty enough to be seen by the public. I guarantee she will grow up with a complex.

But what I find the funniest about the story is the Chinese officials' rationalization for the swap. "It's for the good of the country". lol, China was definitely improved by having another girl lip-sync.

As for the gymnasts. The reason it is beneficial to have younger athletes is that in a sport defined by spinning and tumbling, smaller people will be able to complete those tasks more easily and with more control. This morning on NPR they said that the average weight for the American team was 105.6 pounds. The average weight of the Chinese competitors was 77 pounds. :tweak:

2slow2go
08-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Sad for the little girl. Not pretty enough to be seen by the public. I guarantee she will grow up with a complex.

But what I find the funniest about the story is the Chinese officials' rationalization for the swap. "It's for the good of the country". lol, China was definitely improved by having another girl lip-sync.

As for the gymnasts. The reason it is beneficial to have younger athletes is that in a sport defined by spinning and tumbling, smaller people will be able to complete those tasks more easily and with more control. This morning on NPR they said that the average weight for the American team was 105.6 pounds. The average weight of the Chinese competitors was 77 pounds. :tweak:

asians in general are smaller .. so you cant say it was conspicuously planned.lol

Andrew Bohan
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
sure, "real" 16 year old chinese might still beat our 16 year olds, and the result might be the same.

but if they're going to bring 14 year olds, at least let us do it too, so we have a better chance.

Ace Callaway
08-13-2008, 07:59 PM
I like the Olympics. They're very entertaining!

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3075/1218678321688ld4.jpg

KwKouki
08-13-2008, 08:48 PM
sure, "real" 16 year old chinese might still beat our 16 year olds, and the result might be the same.

but if they're going to bring 14 year olds, at least let us do it too, so we have a better chance.

werd, theres one in particular that I am thinking of *dunno her name* but it is damn near IMPOSSIBLE for her to be 16.

Sil80Dreams
08-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Nobody here even thought that maybe that the ugly little girl is just a bitch and that was the best way for China to get back at her for being such a little bitch all the time. hahaha j/p that's gonna fuck with her for awhile. That's what she gets for being a girl in China I suppose. Assholes.

Sil80Dreams
08-13-2008, 09:07 PM
http://mikeresponts.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/hooter-preggo-girl.jpg

LULZ!