PDA

View Full Version : I'm Edgar (SWiFTDRiFT)... And this is my SCARRED story!.... Sorta.. ((PICS))

swiftdrift
08-11-2008, 06:37 PM
So long story short, about 3 months ago I was playing tackle football with some friends at a local park. Well I went to tackle the runner with the ball and i got my finger caught in his shirt as i was taking him down.

My finger was in some serious pain for a while after that.

After a couple weeks i finally went to see my doctor. Stupid bitch told me i just sprained it and to put ice on it and keep a splint on it and it would be fine. well i went back for a second visit cuz my finger was not getting better and again she said the same thing.

I FINALLY was made an appointment to see an orthopedic after about 2 months of not being able to move my finger and having it in pain. The orthopedic examined it for a while and verified that i had torn a tendon in my finger/palm (tendons are what make ur fingers move).

My hand didn't look very different except my palm was swollen where the end of the tendon was sitting and my ring finger was a little swollen as well.

I finally had surgery for it 3 weeks ago, and boy did it suck! First time having surgery, shit was scary... luckily i was asleep during the operation.

After the surgery, I was in this big ass splint for 3 weeks.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0727081953a.jpg

I had no idea what my hand looked like since i woke up already in the splint.

Well today i went back to get my stitches out....

Turns out they did what's called a tendon graft. They basically took a tendon from my wrist, and put it in place of the ruptured tendon.

Stitches are BITCHES to take out! Hurt like a mother!... well this is what it looked like when they took the splint off...

(this is where is gets a little graphic)

Freshly removed splint.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0811081424.jpg

After a little cleaning.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0811081428a.jpg

Up close on the incisions. :eek3:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0811081428b.jpg

I was pretty shocked to see how utterly disgusting that looked! Now I'm stuck in a cast for about 5 more weeks before i can start therapy to strengthen my hand and finger again.

Shitty part is I've been stuck driving my dad's truck back and forth to work everyday cuz it'd be too difficult to drive my stick 240, so he's been driving it this whole time.:rofl: imagine a 50 year old Mexican dude driving this everyday...
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/l_c4ccc5d344ce10c3bcf95574b34ccc20.jpg

LOL

Anyways, that was my scarred story/rant.

:werd:

A Spec Products
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Ouch!

Upsides to this situation:

1. Chicks dig scars. And that is gonna be one fucking AWESOME scar.

2. It shares the same title as one of the most awesome songs of all time:

YouTube - Luke - Scarred (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD0Mltv3dY)

C. Senor
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAMN

those stitches are pretty extreme. grafting is such a gangsta topic. atleast your ok and will some day be able to drive your 40 again.

I10cruiser
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
so does taht tendon they took from your wirst going to affect youre:naughty::naughty: performance? haha that shit does look sick though / / more rep for you!

1ZlowZ
08-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Keep us updated man I wanna see how it heals. I had stitches on my chin... I have a scar... :( Hopefully you didn't play guitar it would be a pain to have to re-learn everything with the ring finger... !

Driven08
08-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Holy shit Edgar!

That thing looks nasty but cool at the same time.

rainier
08-11-2008, 07:20 PM
crazy stitch pattern. hope you heal well

HyperTek
08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
sucks.. i dont have health insurance i cant mess around like that

Edgar
08-11-2008, 07:49 PM
sweet your name is edgar

shishcabobers
08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I had just a similar situation as you, except my foot got stuck and I twisted my leg, felt a big pop,fell to the floor and my whole knee swelled up. Basically I tore my ACL(ligament), went through surgery and had to go through 6 months of physically therapy, a whole year of being physically inactive, and didnt get to play my senior year of football. Talk about going out with a big bang right? Luckily it was my left leg so I could drive an AT car, but i totally know how you feel man. It sucks ass.:rant:

SW20Racer
08-11-2008, 08:04 PM
when it comes to the womens, you need a much cooler story than football.

tell them you were hunting wolverines and one attacked you cousin so you broke out the 12 gauge and gave em what for.

make sure you get a perm.
http://barfblog.foodsafety.ksu.edu/gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg

swiftdrift
08-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Ouch!

Upsides to this situation:

1. Chicks dig scars. And that is gonna be one fucking AWESOME scar.

2. It shares the same title as one of the most awesome songs of all time:

YouTube - Luke - Scarred (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD0Mltv3dY)

lol The scar is the only thing i got to look forward to about this whole situation.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAMN

those stitches are pretty extreme. grafting is such a gangsta topic. atleast your ok and will some day be able to drive your 40 again.

yeah, pretty crazy stitch pattern! I can't wait to finally get back behind the wheel of my 240... 3 weeks already has seemed long enough!

so does taht tendon they took from your wirst going to affect youre:naughty::naughty: performance? haha that shit does look sick though / / more rep for you!

lol nah, luckily I'm right handed. The surgery was on my left hand.

Holy shit Edgar!

That thing looks nasty but cool at the same time.

haha thanks Roger... does look pretty bad huh (and by bad i mean good)

I had just a similar situation as you, except my foot got stuck and I twisted my leg, felt a big pop,fell to the floor and my whole knee swelled up. Basically I tore my ACL(ligament), went through surgery and had to go through 6 months of physically therapy, a whole year of being physically inactive, and didnt get to play my senior year of football. Talk about going out with a big bang right? Luckily it was my left foot so I could drive an AT car, but i totally know how you feel man. It sucks ass.:rant:

Wow, sucks man. I remember i broke my toe mid season my senior year of high school fball as a starting center n never went to the doctors.:keke: Luckily my toe healed up ok from taping it in place like everyday!

HyperTek
08-11-2008, 08:10 PM
you got a map of gmr on your hand! lmao kidding

shishcabobers
08-11-2008, 08:13 PM
On a funny note

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q367/domoshish/lol.jpg

lol they had to make sure not to operate on the wrong leg.

swiftdrift
08-11-2008, 08:13 PM
you got a map of gmr on your hand! lmao kidding

I actually asked them to make an attempt to spell my name with the incisions.... didn't go too well. :tweak:

I think I'm just gonna tell ppl instead of a tattoo, i cut a picture of my favorite mountain tops into my hand. I'll tell em it's Big Bear... wonder if anyone would believe it...

YoungGun
08-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow that looks pretty gnarly.

Will definitely have to come up with a different story though.

DreamN
08-11-2008, 08:32 PM
ahh damn that shot of those stitches isn't pretty at all... ewww.

wrapmeup2005
08-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Damn, thats a crazy stitch pattern. Hopefully all goes well and heals well so you can slap your doctor upside the head. LOL jking!! Your dad is awesome by the way :2f2f:
Get better!!

C. Senor
08-11-2008, 08:59 PM
yeah, pretty crazy stitch pattern! I can't wait to finally get back behind the wheel of my 240... 3 weeks already has seemed long enough!

3 weeks....ha. i'm going on like 10 months. lol.

and i wouldnt believe that you got your fav mountains on your hand like that :keke:

MikeisNissan
08-11-2008, 10:41 PM
nice car guy.

SexPanda
08-11-2008, 10:59 PM
nice car guy.
Exactly what I was going to say, word for word...

But Mike beat me to it... So I'll tell you thats some crazy shit. My mom a few years ago had an swollen left hand, and when the doctors xrayed it, some shit was literally growing on her tendons on all 4 fingers. Something about some immune thing, where her body was attacking her hand. anyhow, Imagine that shit, but, like, on all your fingers. That shit sucks. My mom couldnt work for 4 months.

I'll go back home up north and see her eventually. I think she still has the x-ray stills somewhere.

swiftdrift
08-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Lol yeah thanks guys, i also hope for a speedy recuperation. And sexpanda, i can't even begin to imagine how that would feel on 4 fingers! sounds crucial!

p.s. one hand typing sucks floppy donkey [email protected]!

SexPanda
08-11-2008, 11:11 PM
p.s. my one bad hand types like a floppy donkey [email protected]!

fixed it. lol.

w0nderbr3ad
08-11-2008, 11:34 PM
That sucks that you had your finger jacked up. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Your stitches remind me of edward scisorhands lol.

azndoc
08-11-2008, 11:39 PM
pain is only for a while

Chicks dig scars

Glory is forever

Onr time out in the field a few of my marines and i were standing around talking.

I felt something poke on my flak vest thinking it was a stick so i grab it.

Just as i grabbed what I thought was a stick i felt a sharp pain in my palm and fingers.

It was a knife. And as i granbed it the marine pulled the knife back and thus slicing my palm and fingers.

The cut on my palm wasn't too bad but my finger was cut up pretty bad to the point where I could see the fat.

I couldn't leave the field since I was the only doc and so I bandaged my self up, made temp sutures and stayed out there for another week.

No pain meds

Needless to say that marines got a good ass whooping for poking me with a knife.

The good ok' days.

swiftdrift
08-11-2008, 11:43 PM
pain is only for a while

Chicks dig scars

Glory is forever

Onr time out in the field a few of my marines and i were standing around talking.

I felt something poke on my flak vest thinking it was a stick so i grab it.

Just as i grabbed what I thought was a stick i felt a sharp pain in my palm and fingers.

It was a knife. And as i granbed it the marine pulled the knife back and thus slicing my palm and fingers.

The cut on my palm wasn't too bad but my finger was cut up pretty bad to the point where I could see the fat.

I couldn't leave the field since I was the only doc and so I bandaged my self up, made temp sutures and stayed out there for another week.

No pain meds

Needless to say that marines got a good ass whooping for poking me with a knife.

The good ok' days.

Pics of the discussed scars?? I wanna see what i got to look forward to...

rokmplutonium
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
"Stitches are BITCHES to take out! Hurt like a mother!"
After a while, you just get used to them.

Anto
08-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Well I went to tackle the runner with the ball and i got my finger caught in his hole as i was taking him down.

fixed.

LOL

but really though, that's nasty. I had my fingertip chopped off before, the fuckers made me wait in the ER for 1 hour because they thought I had a "deep cut"

BITCHES. MY FINGER WAS DISCONNECTED

they taped that shit back on and it was fine. the stub reconnected to my fingertip.

shit is amazing

sr20alex
08-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Wow thats sick nasty but it looks nice hah, i think they kinda got lazy on the incesion at the end kinda off the purple line.. Well i got a scarred tendon on near my ankle cant put any press on it but i could dance haha. PTTD only way to fix it is by surgery and im not to sure if i want to do that.. Kinda sucks if 17 and you cant run. Hope you have a nice recovery.

driven_
08-12-2008, 12:54 AM
damn that sucks,
at least its getting better.

my dad drives my s14 sometimes too. :/

but, damn,

YOU GOT ZIPTIED!

DALAZ_68
08-12-2008, 01:11 AM
dude the scar looks like that one street from san fran...or is it SD :confused:

u know that one down hill street that goes left and right

DohcKA
08-12-2008, 01:38 AM
haha sick... 50 year old mexican in a 40 thats decked out

1989rps13
08-12-2008, 01:53 AM
:bigok:

Shitty part is I've been stuck driving my dad's truck back and forth to work everyday cuz it'd be too difficult to drive my stick 240, so he's been driving it this whole time.:rofl: imagine a 50 year old Mexican dude driving this everyday...
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/l_c4ccc5d344ce10c3bcf95574b34ccc20.jpg

LOL

Anyways, that was my scarred story/rant.

:werd:[/quote]

lol that was funny dude but yea man wish u a fast recovery and btw hot 240 u got there

stiizy
08-12-2008, 07:43 AM
pain is only for a while

Chicks dig scars

Glory is forever

Let me find out Jack is Quoting Keanu Reeves:keke::keke::keke::keke:

LeftNutOfGowd
08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
I can imagine your dad hitting those corners lol

azndoc
08-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Let me find out Jack is Quoting Keanu Reeves:keke::keke::keke::keke:

Is that really a quote from him?

I've always heard that when I was in the military.

Kinda just stuck with me

k's_silvia2.0
08-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Get well soon:kiss:

stiizy
08-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Is that really a quote from him?

I've always heard that when I was in the military.

Kinda just stuck with me

Yeah he said it in the Replacements

haha

it's alll good:keke::keke:

S13Boosts
08-12-2008, 11:00 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, howd did you write this post? LOL JK

iPurple_Misfit!
08-12-2008, 04:20 PM

yea thats San Fran.Lombard street i think its called

pretty crazy stitches, get well.i hope i never have to get something like that.i have yet to break something.and i hope i dont.:ugh:

BustedS13
08-12-2008, 04:37 PM
jesus, they literally carved you like a jackolantern

jackjack
08-12-2008, 05:42 PM
OH SNAP

crazy

swiftdrift
08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
yea thats San Fran.Lombard street i think its called

pretty crazy stitches, get well.i hope i never have to get something like that.i have yet to break something.and i hope i dont.:ugh:

Lol yeah that's it! it does kinda look like it! haha

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, howd did you write this post? LOL JK

With patience and dedication.... and now that i got my cast on i actually have the use of my left index finger so that helps a lot!

I can imagine your dad hitting those corners lol

lol he gets it stuck all the time comin up the driveway!... stupid open diff!!:keke:

I see him drive off with it just about everyday cuz we leave to work around the same time..... and although it hurts to see him driving it not me, you never really appreciate the aesthetics of your 240 untill you see someone else driving it.... true story!

I10cruiser
08-15-2008, 03:32 AM
^^ the pain rolls in when youre getting ready to sell it:(

swiftdrift
08-26-2008, 01:26 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0811081428a.jpg

Up close on the incisions. :eek3:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0811081428b.jpg

Update:Finally got my cast off today after about 2 weeks with it. This was my first time with a cast so i did not expect the doctor to just come at me with the saw like he did lol scared the shit outta me! did get rid of alot of the itch though lol

anyways, now my hand/arm are wrapped up in an ace bandage with some sort of splint to keep it in place for another 3 weeks. Immediately after that i begin my therapy.

Here are some updated pics of what my hand looks like now.

Pic of the hand:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0825080958.jpg

My wrist where the tendon was taken from:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0825080958a.jpg

The finger in question. Looks like a sausage!
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0825081000.jpg

My hand upright, with my hot ass doctor in the background checkin her myspace:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0825081004.jpg
lol jk bout the myspace.

And what I'm wearing for 3 more weeks before i begin my therapy:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0826080010.jpg

Scars are healing pretty damn well.:Ownedd:

Woot Woot!

shishcabobers
08-26-2008, 01:29 AM
awesome looks alot better than before, ahh i dunno about you but get ready for major pain during your physical therapy. Well I have no idea how yours goes but mine was pretty agonizing lol. How much thinner did your arm get? lol

WERDdabuilder
08-26-2008, 01:33 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/swiftdrift/0825081004.jpg

right there sir...
you missed your opportunity for that upskirt homie!

luisgonz
08-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Hope everything goes great. And some pt's are hot.

blueshark123
08-26-2008, 12:50 PM
doc looks hot from behind lol

jrbump
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM

Lombard st. in SF.

Back to the task at hand.

From this forward, you will be known as......

"Slalom Hand"

axiomatik
08-26-2008, 03:00 PM
tell chicks you got the scar in a knife fight in tiajuana.

enkei2k
08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
right there sir...

so true! pics of the doc~! and +1 for you if you actually do

ms!3
08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
cool ass scar!

treken2t87
08-26-2008, 11:04 PM
haha your finger looks like a ziptie repair on a cracked bumper track slut :)

swiftdrift
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
awesome looks alot better than before, ahh i dunno about you but get ready for major pain during your physical therapy. Well I have no idea how yours goes but mine was pretty agonizing lol. How much thinner did your arm get? lol

my arm is significantly thinner now and sooo much weaker. i have trouble moving my wrist back and forth. I'll start therapy tomorrow for that though. :bigok:

right there sir...

O don't even trip, I got that beezies number!

she's Orthopedic medical doctor #10020985

tell chicks you got the scar in a knife fight in tiajuana.

lol i havn't heard that one yet... imma have to try it though !:keke:

haha your finger looks like a ziptie repair on a cracked bumper track slut :)

That's the look i was going for...:coolugh:

luisgonz
08-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Heu I forgot to mention, Next time ask her to bend over to check if your finger in working.:doh:

WERDdabuilder
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
O don't even trip, I got that beezies number!

she's Orthopedic medical doctor #10020985

well...new mission....

NOODZ!!!

stiizy
08-27-2008, 02:51 PM
More Doctor pics

Now!!!

swiftdrift
08-28-2008, 05:11 PM
haha I'll see her in about 3 weeks. I'll make an attempt to try to get some better pics of her.

scweet1
08-28-2008, 06:01 PM
That's some wicked stitching!! Good Luck with the healing process, you'll be in therapy soon and back to normal.