PDA

View Full Version : Keiichi Tsuchiya Update! Look Who Else Is Coming!!

showoff
01-03-2003, 06:45 PM
What’s up everyone! This is an update from Ken Miyoshi / Import Showoff. I have read the forums about the excitement that everyone is having from the Drift King coming to Los Angeles. I would like to put the icing on the cake and give you even more good news.

MAINSTREAM PRODUCTIONS ALONG WITH OPTION VIDEO WILL BE BRINGING YOU DIRECT FROM THE DRIFT MECCA OF JAPAN:

1. KEIICHI TSUCHIYA - You all know him as the pioneer of drifting AKA "Drift King" he will be coming down to drift with a D1 Drift spec Sil Eighty shipped from Japan (car is still kept secret).

2. NOMU-KEN - The crazy character and the driver of the Blitz D1 Drift Skyline will also attend and drift at this private event.

3. DAI INADA - The godfather of Option Magazine as well as the test driver of demo cars going over 300km for Option Video.

4. "TARZAN" YAMADA - The wildest of the bunch and the "balls-out" driver for APEX drag Integra and the Skyline.

These fabulous four will be attending this private drift event and will be shooting footage for the upcoming OPTION video and OPTION magazine...

Date: January 17th
Time: Unrevealed.

I see a lot of people asking, “Why is this private?” … Here is the answer… We are shooting a video at a location; we are not at a gathering or pow-wow.

I am in the works of making arrangements to have a limited amount of tickets to spectators who want to come to event and watch… please keep your eyes out for the next update on this forum.

Regards,
Ken Miyoshi
Mainstream Productions

Dousan_PG
01-03-2003, 08:19 PM
when do we find out who was invited and such?
pretty cool. nomuken is fukking hilarious.

NZO
01-04-2003, 12:15 AM
God nomuken owns. I think i like him even more than Nob. I MUST go to the event. Let us know about those tickets if theyll be available. I dont care how expensive they are :D

NismoGear5
01-05-2003, 09:24 AM
I would like to go as well. I'll pay any price.

Mr_A
01-08-2003, 07:16 PM
JAN 17th OPTION VIDEO IKATEN DRIFT EVENT TICKETS AVAILABLE!!!

HERE IS THE MOMENT YOU WERE WAITING FOR!!!

Jan 17th tickets for the OPTION VIDEO SHOOTING and IKATEN DRIFT COMPETITION IS ON SALE!

TICKETS ARE $20.00 and SOLD IN VERY LIMITED AMOUNT AND SURE TO SELL OUT QUICK!

MAKE SURE YOU GET THEM EARLY OR THEY WILL BE SOLD OUT!

A limited amount of PRESALE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THESE TICKET OUTLETS:

South Bay Area:
MAINSTREAM PRODUCTIONS
22125 ½ South Vermont Ave.
Torrance, CA. 90502
Phone: 310-782-0500
* Tickets available for sale: M-F 9AM-7PM

San Gabriel Valley Area:
TG Race Designs
8 East Park Street
Alhambra, CA. 91801
Phone: 626-308-1181
* Tickets available for sale: M-SAT 11AM-7PM
(I will post when this location is available)

These are the “to die” for tickets you all were waiting for. Here is your opportunity to meet all the Option Video stars as well as your chance to be on Video Option! We will be shooting the spectator gallery as well as the drift competitors!

To avoid “unticketed spectators” coming to the event site and causing a nuisance and distraction for the Option Video” filing to go smoothly, we are still not disclosing the venue and will post the event location on www.club4ag.com website on the day of Jan 17th. We have staff and security keeping a lockdown at the front gate and ANYBODY THAT IS NOT AS INVITED DRIFTERS OR SPECTATORS WITHOUT A PRESALE TICKET WILL BE TURNED AWAY… NO EXCEPTIONS !!!

Sincerely,
Alex Arai
Mainstream Productions, LLC
Sales Director

P.S.-In order to purchase direct from us, until the 15th, please call the office ahead of time, to double check I am here. If no one answers, then you may try my cellular, 310.502.1314. I do tend to step out from time to time, but would like to be available as much as I can.

NismoGear5
01-08-2003, 07:19 PM
cool hahaha I should have called. I saw a few MR2 stop by there also wondering if you guys were open. I'll call tommorow and buy them. Thanks

-Renato

Mr_A
01-08-2003, 07:50 PM
You saw a few people stop by the Mainstream office? Mr2s...well I drive an MR2...
Anyway call before you stop by, I should be here most of the day tomorrow. Thanks. Just follow the new post i left above.
Thanks,
Alex Arai

NismoGear5
01-08-2003, 08:32 PM
haha I'll follow directions this time.

I saw a late model red MR2 leaving when I went there.
and second time I came by, a yellow older model Mr2 was parked there.

Have a nice day.

Mr_A
01-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by NismoGear5
haha I'll follow directions this time.

I saw a late model red MR2 leaving when I went there.
and second time I came by, a yellow older model Mr2 was parked there.

Have a nice day.

I see, I apologize for the inconvenience. The red SW20 would be mine. If it's parked out front, I'm here. Just call ahead and everything should be cool.
Thanks,
Alex Arai

Mr_A
01-09-2003, 01:39 PM
UPDATE: TG race design now has tickets available.

Thanks!
Alex Arai

Mr_A
01-09-2003, 05:20 PM
UPDATE:
Hey folks, these are selling like hotcakes, if you still wanna go, better hurry up! Limited quantity left! Just call and let's talk abotu it.
I'm happy with the response, I know Ken is as well, looking forward to seeing you all there.

Regards,
Alex Arai

MrMigs
01-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Man... I was there at 6:45 PM today.... you said u closed at 7. One red MR2 was outside the parking lot... lights on inside and everything! bah! you lazy fools... how dare you close early on me! I even saw the clock inside your little main room and the minute hand was no where near the # 12! You shall pay for this... yes you will... indeed...:eek:

Mr_A
01-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by MrMigs
Man... I was there at 6:45 PM today.... you said u closed at 7. One red MR2 was outside the parking lot... lights on inside and everything! bah! you lazy fools... how dare you close early on me! I even saw the clock inside your little main room and the minute hand was no where near the # 12! You shall pay for this... yes you will... indeed...:eek:
FYI, perhaps you should have called the office before departing, to double check I would be there.
Plus, you saw my car, I was there. Perhaps you should've called when you were out front.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I was there, I didn't leave until 7:45.
Call before stopping by next time, say on Monday?
Regards,
Alex Arai

MrMigs
01-12-2003, 10:15 AM
I did call... you asked for my name -- Mike Gamboa... you may or may not remember my name, but I did in fact call before I left, and you STRESSED coming before 7, which i did...

Then I called again as soon as i was in your town, let the phone ring endlessly, and no one answered. I decided that I'd just go there and bang on the door for a while, but no joy... :eek:

Yea... I'll be there monday though.

Mr_A
01-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Mike, nice to meet you today. I'm glad we got it worked out. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Alex Arai

Mr_A
01-13-2003, 04:10 PM
UPDATE:
For those of you outside of the L.A. area, who CANNOT make it to pick up tickets prior to the event, please note the following:

For tickets, Send only Money order (no personal check) to:
Mainstream Productions
attn. Ticketing
22125 1/2 South Vermont
Torrance CA 90502

make money order payable to: Mainstream Productions

Send package PRIORITY MAIL SO IT GETS HERE BY WED!

Please call ahead to let me know, and verify that we have tickets available. If you have already called and reserved, please call once the money order is sent, that way I know to expect it.

Thanks, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Alex Arai

MrMigs
01-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Glad you called... all is forgiven, and I'll see you at the event. :cool:

initial s14
01-14-2003, 12:33 AM
hey alex ! remember me ? its "mr 2 cute" from the mr2 message board! am surprised you are here! i belong to this club now since i drive an s-14 but anyway, you still got some tickets to throw?

Mr_A
01-14-2003, 05:41 PM
UPDATE!!!!
Heads up folks, we are SOLD OUT. A small list is started for those of you who call now, in case an extra amount of tickets are acquired, or reservations cancelled. I don't want to get your hopes up, but I'm honest with you that some may back out who haven't picked up their tickets.

For those of you who called and can't come in person to pay cash for tickets, check your email ASAP. I need you to send me a money order for the total amounts you requested, and I need them ASAP. If for some reason, we're unable to work something out with you, I need you to call the office and speak to us, give us a definite word you'll make it. If not, then I can free up some of these reservations for those people who are calling last minute. So please send out that money order ASAP, express, so that it will be in my hands by thursday. Any questions, any comments? Call the office. Thanks.

Thanks to all that have shown interest, those of you who have stopped by and purchased, I look forward to seeing all of you this Friday!

IMPORTANT: There are no exceptions, none, what-so-ever, for the following rules:
Still photo cameras are the only types allowed. ABSOLUTELY, NO VIDEO. So, please, if you have a video camera, leave it at home, or it may be confiscated at the event and returned once it is over. Digital Still cameras are allowed. Anything I missed? Assume it's not allowed, or call the office.

The 15 and the Ikaten 35 list will be contacted tomorrow, Wednesday, January 15, 2003. For those of you on the list there will be a mandatory driver's meeting prior to the event, so it might be a good idea that you show up atleast 2 hours in advance.

Time of the event will be from 4pm to 8pm. Drivers, around 2pm.

Location is still not revealed.

Thanks folks! See you on Friday.

Sincerely,
Alex Arai