PDA

View Full Version : Fc brake calipers on s13???

Oo_Skyline_oO
08-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Every time I'm at the junk yard, I see at least 2 or 3 FC's. I can't help but wonder if anyone has tried to put FC brake calipers on an S13, because DAMN they look like they could stop a train. here's a picture: http://mmr-direct.com/Pictures/Used/T2Calipers.jpg cheap alternative to super expensive Z32 maybe???

aznpoopy
08-06-2008, 11:08 PM
from what i've read on rx7club they've put 300zx calipers on rx7s in japan. think FEED did it with an FC.

based on that i'm sure you could get it work the other way around if you had the right adapter for the caliper, brake line fitting, etc. i don't really see the point though.

HyperTek
08-07-2008, 01:53 AM
i want z32 calipers for my fc just to piss the rx7 guys with "nissan" calipers lol

but for the sake of saving money to put fc calipers on a 240sx when you could just put Q45 brakes or just wait for z32s?? hmmm

Oo_Skyline_oO
08-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I have Q45's on mine, they're great(official S13 NISMO Upgrade too) but I mean you can't really go Z32 without spending $400 plus, I'm just saying I paid 40 bucks for my Q45's plus brand new $30 4 lug drilled rotors, bolted right up so i'd be the same with FC brakes. what's the purpose you ask?? Q45 are dual piston, while the FC ones are 4-piston(2 on each side, identical to Z32) I don't know the exact sizes or dimensions of both, but just by looking at the FC rotors closely you can tell they're really identical, hence paying less than 100 for FC brakes is better than paying 400+ for z32 brakes with same performance. sO I've decided to try it, today and the next 2 days are half day sales at pick your part and there are 4 fc's at the junk yard so I will go and try it, post pictures for you guys so you could see the result.