PDA

View Full Version : Good website hosting?

whateverjames
01-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Does anyone have experience with a company that has good website hosting. A phone number for tech support or a webmaster that will reply quickly? Bandwidth transfer, disk space and directly linking images is a plus. Oh ya, price too :D

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Useless rant below:
-----------------------
I'm having a lot of trouble with geocities, the people that are hosting my website. I pay a monthly fee to get my own domain name, image linking with geocities, subdomains, email blah blah. Anyway, someone got in my account and I was getting emails back from the server at 240sxforums.com that I was trying to send a virus. (it was an AOL user) I changed my password, it takes 24 hours for the new one to work, the next day it still won't work.

When I try to retreive my password, Geocities/Yahoo said my country didn't match (United States of course) and a few emails later they said the zip code doesn't match. I kept telling them, I'll give you my billing information and you can verify that because I don't know what's going on. They refused to do that.

I asked one more time to verify my billing info and to give me a "phone number" to talk to someone about getting my password back. They gave me the whole speach about protecting their customers and since I didn't have the correct country, they will not help me out. I replied and I called them a bunch of ****ing idiots.

There is no tech support email or customer service number to call anywhere on the site. Just the yahoo building phone number which is area code 408 i think. So it's going to cost me long distance to find out they won't help me. I'm contacting the credit card company and claiming a dispute. I don't even want to work things out with this company, I just want to cancel.

HaLo
01-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Hostrocket.com
750mb
37gb bandwith
unlimited pop3 emails / forwarders
unlimited ftp accounts
unlimited shell/telnet access
10 mysql db
frontpage 2002 support
unlimited subdomains
pay for a year: 11.95$/mo
pay monthly: 14.95$/mo

camppain
01-01-2003, 01:38 PM
I use simplenethosting.com they dont have a phone # for tech support but that option usually brings a higher price I have thier silver plan. They have a forum on thier site for problems you encounter. I have no complaints about them they are pretty good with thier service.

also check out the forum to find and talk about webhosting at

webhostingtalk.com