PDA

View Full Version : Expect the unexpected

Mr.S14
07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
So i decide that im going to go to the sheriff's academy while im in the army, well i need a car to join the academy, so i just broke up with my ex girl and she toke the Z we bought together. I recently got 1 g to buy a car and i hit up craigslist to buy one cause a stock 240 on zilvia is more rare than a ford festiva with a V8, so anyways here is the sale
good running car
no problems
125,xxx miles
automatic
89 240sx coupe
well me being a dumb ass i buy it with out test driving and he fails to tell me that fourth gear slips and the rear lights stay up all the god damn time, well i call him tell him i want my money back he agreed and well there is my story, im still trying to get my money back a day later, so he is ignoring my calls, fuck i dont even have a name on this dude the only thing i know is that he is a free lance photographer and he drives a intregra with a b20 turbo.......

so pleas dont respond saying how much of an idiot i am cause i know ive heard from everyone. i was desperate into finding another car

Pank
07-30-2008, 08:41 PM
stock 240's are common as fuck on zilvia

also, if you dont want anyone to respond to this saying you're dumb, what responses do you expect?

"oh man gee what a jerk that guy is"

Xandy Boosts
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
do you know where he lives or did you meet up at a gas station to make the purchase?

knock on the door

Mr.S14
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
first we met up at a gas station, by the way people this is in fontana, the circle k off citrus and baseline, i go there and he takes me down the street to montgomery which is where he "lives" i drop him off and leave.......who the fuck rips off people over 1 g and a soldier of the US, seriously i fucken hate people

RiversideS13
07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
he didn't give you the pink slip?

since you have his phone number, type his number on google and see what show up

Akiros
07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
if it's clean who cares, looks like you're stuck with it, and it's not like it was a bad deal. manual swap it, or just find someone who did and give them a case of beer for their auto trans. You at least have a point A to point B car for the moment. "Ripped off" ? cmon man, it was a 1000 dollar car.

Mr.S14
07-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I just did that and another ad from craigslist showed up for an acura integra ls

Mr.S14
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
if it's clean who cares, looks like you're stuck with it, and it's not like it was a bad deal. manual swap it, or just find someone who did and give them a case of beer for their auto trans. You at least have a point A to point B car for the moment. "Ripped off" ? cmon man, it was a 1000 dollar car.

No plates
No pink
No nothing
Im stuck with a car that doesnt even exists

Pank
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
why
in the HELL
did you give him any money?

RiversideS13
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
actually sometimes just simply change the tranny flulid (i forgot which one works like magic..) could help slipping. if you are shit out of lucky, you can try that.

tail light electrical problem would be bitch to work... but look out for obvious place first...for example just follow the wires from the tail light to fuse box and try to find out where is crossed that has constant 12v goes thru

RiversideS13
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM
No plates
No pink
No nothing

oh wow, shit i really dont know how to help you. not even bill of sale? you brought the car just like buying a soda without any paper work?

Mr.S14
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
no i know but i am going to get his name i found another car hes selling so im going to trick him into meeting me some where

SimpleS14
07-30-2008, 08:58 PM
i hope you have the title to the car.....if not.....i really don't feel sorry for you...

I10cruiser
07-30-2008, 08:59 PM
i wanna be a cop:(

RiversideS13
07-30-2008, 09:02 PM
no i know but i am going to get his name i found another car hes selling so im going to trick him into meeting me some where

have your friend to help you to do that. Or please contact law enforcement to ask them help you. since you have nothing, the car might had been a junk car from the yard, or a car used for crime, or a car that was stolen...etc. you should ask help from an officer because you just brought a car that is not legit.

Akiros
07-30-2008, 09:04 PM
oh wow, shit i really dont know how to help you. not even bill of sale? you brought the car just like buying a soda without any paper work?

srsly wut?

nismo tuned s14
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
i just fixed my tail lights. they stayed on all the time.

it was a combination of a bad ground on the tail light and the button that turns the brake lights on behind the brake peddle. it just needed to be adjusted.

gl getting your money back.

silviaguy240
07-30-2008, 09:07 PM
so why post about it? you know everyone is gonna call you stupid.

S13SilviaGirl
07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
have your friend to help you to do that. Or please contact law enforcement to ask them help you. since you have nothing, the car might had been a junk car from the yard, or a car used for crime, or a car that was stolen...etc. you should ask help from an officer because you just brought a car that is not legit.

what he said...and you are going into law enforcement....you need to get a cop or someone down there with you, as that could seriously hurt your career as a cop and even in the Army. I would let your supervisor know what is going on so it doesnt come around and bite you in the ass. Seriously though, did you even get a bill of sale? And whenever you buy a car....ALWAYS get the pink. Best of luck to you man.

Also...call DMV....and ask for someone to run the VIN for you, there is a thread on here for free carfaxes. Was it smogged when you bought it?

slidingsky
07-30-2008, 09:09 PM
I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a title ain't one.

Mr.S14
07-30-2008, 09:09 PM
yeah thanks for the GL, but yeah dont feel sorry for me i was just being an idiot and despret for a car thinking everyone is a nice guy i worked out some wack deal with him, but i will get my money back on this, i already called the cops they said it was a civil matter

iluvpandas4
07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Too bad about your ex taking the Z but at least she didn't torch the car and paperwork, like a guy I know. Oh and I'm sure you've learned from your mistake here, so GL with finding the guy.

OfourTHREEfive
07-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Best advice yet ^

Edit: Three posts up

RiversideS13
07-30-2008, 09:15 PM
yeah thanks for the GL, but yeah dont feel sorry for me i was just being an idiot and despret for a car thinking everyone is a nice guy i worked out some wack deal with him, but i will get my money back on this, i already called the cops they said it was a civil matter

did you explain to the police correctly? now the problem has escalated to another level that you have no clue about the history of the car. said the car was stolen and you got pull over while you are driving it. you are going to jail!

getting money back is not really the top issue at here anymore, getting your hand clean is the top issue. told the police you just been scammed and you want them to help to find out if the car was a stolen car or a salvage car. other wise just go to DMV tomorrow and ask them to run those info. make sure you have the license plate and vehicle number (locate on your dash near by the windshield) ready while you talk to them. make sure there is no dead body in the trunk too?

may Darwin bless you

Mr.S14
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
So i got in contact with my SFC and he said to go to the DMV see if they can enforce the lemon law

soreballz
07-30-2008, 11:23 PM
^Lemon law enforcement for a 19 year old car? Yeah... not gonna happen.

Pank
07-30-2008, 11:28 PM
lemon laws dont really apply here

Mr.S14
07-30-2008, 11:32 PM
well than i guess my only choice is top find out if its illegal

RiversideS13
07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
what is SFC?

SW20Racer
07-31-2008, 12:11 AM
lol @ thread tags. this shit is redonkulous, were you high when you thought this was a good idea?

carbonx240
07-31-2008, 12:16 AM
you will be fine.most of the members have had fall into a fraud or something sililar before, including myself so you wasnt or are an ...just cause you made a mistake.
ilegal or no, i am sure you will be fine cause it was something that you did not unpurpose.just have faith and everything will be fine.:)

jackjack
07-31-2008, 09:47 AM
No plates
No pink
No nothing

bro...

i dont even know what to say to that.........

you deserve it? i mean seriously. what were you thinking?????

ungh. hope everything works out. next time take someone that knows their stuff.

Sir
07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
shits probably stolen.

miucus
07-31-2008, 11:07 AM
No plates
No pink
No nothing

and no test drive?

good luck... hope you get your money back and you learned from your mistake

spoolandslide
07-31-2008, 11:40 AM
just look up that number every so often
if hes doin it to more people

then lets fuckin go GTA on his ass
http://www.somethingcool.ca/backissues/091503/gta1.jpg

Mr.S14
07-31-2008, 08:22 PM
ok here is the update, i called the DMV they ran the plates and appearently this guy bought it and didnt even register it, the registration is suspended and i need insurance to register it so how the hell do i register it with no insurance? any ways from what im getting is that if this guy didnt register it and just bought from a tow yard maybe i can go to the tow yard he bought from and ask for them to make me a deal since he is ignoring me, what do you guys think?

and no i wasnt high...i was desperate

murda-c
07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
You don't register it with no insurance. That's illegal. no way no how.

You need a pink slip, and you need insurance.

Mr.S14
07-31-2008, 08:34 PM
You don't register it with no insurance. That's illegal. no way no how.

You need a pink slip, and you need insurance.

i understand that but there is no pink cause its from a tow yard

RiversideS13
07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
go see if they have a copy of bill of sale and go from there.

if the car is not insured and registered, very likely you will get pull over and get fine heavily if you drive around with the car.

if all fail, text message the guy and told him that you need a bill of sale because you cannot register the car. than at least you can keep the car legally instead lost $1000, got fine for no insurance and no registeration, and car impound fee.

Mr.S14
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
well im going to pick it up from fontana and thanks to a zilvilian i can go to the dmv and say he didnt give me a pink and they will give him 30 days if no answer i get a new pink in my name

murda-c
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
well im going to pick it up from fontana and thanks to a zilvilian i can go to the dmv and say he didnt give me a pink and they will give him 30 days if no answer i get a new pink in my name

cool, my buddy is in a coma...i wonder if i can get his car for free in a month.

jkkk

S13SilviaGirl
08-01-2008, 12:24 AM
good luck with it, get insurance on it, and just remember...lessons learned, and never be in a rush. ;)

Mr.S14
08-01-2008, 02:17 PM
cool, my buddy is in a coma...i wonder if i can get his car for free in a month.

jkkk

lol thats messed up, the sarcasim kills me:keke::keke::keke::keke: