PDA

View Full Version : A day of death and destruction.

Bomber 570
07-29-2008, 08:06 PM
So I'm driving out to Grand Prairie from Lewisville to pick up my PS3, and as Im driving down I20 in 5 o'clock traffic, some idiot in a pickup truck swerves all the way from the right lane, across the middle, slamming into a welding machine being towed by a pickup truck making the truck spin out, his loss in speed makes him slam into the SUV in the far lane, slamming them both into the concrete barrier at about 65mph. Luckily Im a very defensive driver and I was keeping a safe distance and I was able to avoid the accident, but Im pretty sure at least one person is dead, there was hardly anything left of the pickup truck that started the madness.

I was already completely freaked out about witnessing that, when as Im driving home around a mile from my house, I see two ambulances with sirens blaring and a firetruck exit my neighborhood. It's a small road, so I pull off the road to let them drive by, and stop a moment to get over the lump in my throat, first that horrible wreck, then two ambulances. After a couple of minutes I get back on the road and continue back to my home. About two blocks away, what do I see? ANOTHER AMBULANCE pulling into one of my neighbors homes.

Im so very disturbed having seen so much human suffering today, I guess I can just be glad that nothing happened to myself or anyone close to me, at least that I know of. I dont even know any of these people, but I know I'll be keeping them in my prayers for sure.

I10cruiser
07-29-2008, 08:38 PM
wow . .sry for them . .good thing i stayed in today:/ . . take your mind of it by playing/setting your ps3

driven_
07-29-2008, 09:04 PM
wow . .sry for them . .good thing i stayed in today:/ . . take your mind of it by playing/setting your ps3

i second the motion.