PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne

jackjack
07-28-2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.filmwad.com/fw_images/max_payne.jpg

trailer:

IGN Video: Max Payne Movie Trailer - Max Payne Movie Trailer (http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/150748/max-payne/videos/maxpain_trlrb_071108.html)

:drama:

Mila Kunis is in it :yum:

HyperTek
07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
i loved the game it was dope... marky mark huh??

stiizy
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Mila Kunis is the magic word

She is so hot to me!!!

Ludacris is in it WHY????

exitspeed
07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Trailer looks good actually. He's a good actor. Maybe not in the recent M Night movie, but over-all he is.

cali240sxdrifter
07-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Trailer looked pretty good... I think it will be a decent movie to the game, hopefully I'm wrong and becomes a really good movie. Hopefully they will come out with Max Payne 3 afterwards.

HyperTek
07-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Trailer looks good actually. He's a good actor. Maybe not in the recent M Night movie, but over-all he is.

i like him, hes always the quiet badass in movies

jackjack
07-28-2008, 01:58 PM
http://correctopinion.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/mila_kunis_l1.jpg

Mila Kunis, who played the ultra-high-maintenance-but-frequently-hot-and-most often-bitchy Jackie Burkhart on THAT 70s SHOW will star opposite Mark Wahlberg in the forthcoming MAX PAYNE for Fox. This is an adaptation of the video game series of the same name.

Kunis...
...will play an assassin who teams up with the title character to avenge her sister's death. Wahlberg plays Payne, a cop haunted by the tragic loss of his family who finds himself in the thick of a conspiracy when he investigates a series of murders.
...says THIS ARTICLE (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117982100.html?categoryid=13&cs=1) in Variety.

:yum:

stiizy
07-28-2008, 01:59 PM
WHY THE FUCK CANT I FIND A GIRL LIKE THAT !!!

someone please tell me!!

She is so fucking hot!!

murda-c
07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
god i remember the awesomeness that is max payne.

braingone
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Really well done trailer, Mila Kunis is as hot as you can get. She also voices Meg on Family Guy and does voice overs for Seth Greens Robot Chicken.

Here's some more hotness:
http://www.nemesismatrix.com/cybertron/transformers/mila_kunis_l7.jpg

BustedS13
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
pg-13

/movie

stiizy
07-28-2008, 02:58 PM
^^ Who cares i'm there for Mila hahaha

DALAZ_68
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
damn...so many game movie adaptations... i think IRONMAN started this latest trend...

stiizy
07-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Wait till you See the Master Chief on the screen (HALO) No bs

Future240
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
WHY THE FUCK CANT I FIND A GIRL LIKE THAT !!!

someone please tell me!!

She is so fucking hot!!

Because girls like that dont exist in regular life, if you did find one, bet she would be bat shit crazy

Despite the trailer, I am still skeptical. Not many games that have been made into movies have been good. Dawn of the dead anyone?

HyperTek
07-28-2008, 03:41 PM
its pg-13?? the game would be ratad rrrrarrrrrr

but the pg-13 rating now a days can squeze a few bad words and sexual content..

DreamN
07-28-2008, 03:47 PM

:yum:

only reason why I'll be watching :naughty::yum::wackit:

murda-c
07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
So that's why meg griffin gives me a million boners sometimes.

muddafakka
07-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm a big fan of the games but seeing what happened with Hitman, I'm highly skeptical of this movie.

PG-13...yeah it's gonna be watered down for sure. The games would definitely be rated R.

And why is Ludacris in this movie? Is he a fan of the games so they squeezed him into the plot?

Looks like there won't be any bullet-time in the movie, seeing how the trailer has none of it. I could be mistaken though.

cc4usmc
07-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Looks good. i think they could have found someone better then marky mark though..

2Slow40
07-28-2008, 09:17 PM
As long as Uwe Boll doesn't have anything to do with the film then Im gonna have hope. He's probably the worst director ever and whoever got him all those writes to kick ass games should be shot.

His FarCry movie should be out this year sometime. Going to suck fat dick.

YoungGun
07-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Awwww mannnnn not Mark Wahlberg.

HyperTek
07-28-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm a big fan of the games but seeing what happened with Hitman, I'm highly skeptical of this movie.

PG-13...yeah it's gonna be watered down for sure. The games would definitely be rated R.

And why is Ludacris in this movie? Is he a fan of the games so they squeezed him into the plot?

Looks like there won't be any bullet-time in the movie, seeing how the trailer has none of it. I could be mistaken though.

oh man bullet time was the shit!! sometimes made the game too easy... dam i miss it they needa make a new one.. keep the 3rd person view

I did find Hitman to be dissapointing compared to the game..

muddafakka
07-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah I'd love to see a 3rd game to wrap everything up.

If not, use the same formula and just incorporate a different storyline.

I'm kicking myself for not having those games anymore.

Ninjabread
07-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Wonder if there's going to be any of those sorta acid trips you went on in the game .. remember walking on lines of blood and shit ...

murda-c
07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Wonder if there's going to be any of those sorta acid trips you went on in the game .. remember walking on lines of blood and shit ...

Did you see all the weird demons flying around and shit?

a large part of the plot is him being drugged, i doubt they'd leave that out.

S14Josh
07-28-2008, 11:22 PM
This shit is going to be awesome.

I have faith.

But then again...directors have fucked up amazing game adaptations in the past.

We'll see.
And Mila Kunis gives me chub. <3

aznpoopy
07-28-2008, 11:46 PM
I did find Hitman to be dissapointing compared to the game..

yes it was. but olga was hot as hell. she's the next bond chick.

i'm kind of irked that wahlberg is max payne. i mean he doesn't even look like max payne. then again max in #2 didn't really look like max in #1 so i guess i can't complain.

allntrlundrgrnd
07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
I agree with most statements in this thread.

Mila Kunis= Win

Max Payne game = wicked badass

pg-13 movie = lame

marky mark = meh, he can be badass

Hitman game>Hitman movie

ronmcdon
07-29-2008, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't be too put off by the pg-13 rating just yet. it means less explicit sex and violence (or gore). however, an action movie shot well doesn't necessarily require it. seems like a decent film so far. I enjoyed some of the shots and choreography on certain scenes. I'll just wait for the reviews.

murda-c
07-29-2008, 01:10 AM
yeah, i mean, dark knight was pg-13 wasn't it, and the joker still managed to be wayy fucked up.

then again batman didn't kill people.

Firestorm
07-29-2008, 02:13 AM
although i don't like the choice of actors, i'll definately go see this, because i'm a huge fan of max payne.

stiizy
07-29-2008, 07:37 AM

Mila Kunis= Win

pg-13 movie = lame

But Mila will balance it out for me

ZX88
07-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Woot max pain. possibly one of my favorite games!Q!

KA24DESOneThree
07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
The flesh of fallen angels.

Valkyr.

I played Max Payne 1 & 2 like they were the last games ever created. I played all the way through each entire game no less than ten times, and I played bits and pieces for more than a couple years. I had a weapons pack for 1, and dual wielding Jackhammers is like going up to Jesus and kicking him square in the nuts.

If the movie's half as good as the games were, it'll be heaven for a guy like me.

Future240
07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
If the movie's half as good as the games were, it'll be heaven for a guy like me.

Thats a big if..........no seriously that if is fuggin huge

40daws
07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
This movie has already been done,pretty much, with Shoot Em' Up. CLive Owen played the main character and would have made a great Max.

cserrano86
09-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Ok, I might be chiming in a little late on this thread but I couldn't help it... I just saw the trailer on TV.
Although I would have liked to see Clive Owen as Max, Marky Mark was always my 2nd pick...
The one thing that bugs me...I don't remember ever fighting any demons in the game...Am I alone on this?
Here's a newer trailer...
YouTube - Max Payne (2008) Trailer 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNbzbWrXWiY)

HyperTek
09-16-2008, 09:48 PM
yah i saw the trailer and dont remember any demons pulling people out of building windows... im sure its more for the effect of death taking people or something? i like how they did the camera rotate around him and the room changing.. i remember that in the game.

ESmorz
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Ok, I might be chiming in a little late on this thread but I couldn't help it... I just saw the trailer on TV.
Although I would have liked to see Clive Owen as Max, Marky Mark was always my 2nd pick...
The one thing that bugs me...I don't remember ever fighting any demons in the game...Am I alone on this?
Here's a newer trailer...
YouTube - Max Payne (2008) Trailer 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNbzbWrXWiY)

Yeah, but there was a lot of weird shit.

Pg-13... I just lost whatever momentary faith I had in this movie. MAX PAYNE IS VIOLENCE!

:-/

cserrano86
09-16-2008, 09:52 PM
yah i saw the trailer and dont remember any demons pulling people out of building windows... im sure its more for the effect of death taking people or something? i like how they did the camera rotate around him and the room changing.. i remember that in the game.

Yeah, I liked the camera work too. The trailer looks awesome. It's just the fact that they're not staying true to the game that I dont like...

Pg-13... I just lost whatever momentary faith I had in this movie. MAX PAYNE IS VIOLENCE!

I still think it'll be a good movie...Just no Mila Kunis boobies...

dolphin
09-16-2008, 10:03 PM
best of both worlds....! then again i like the movie shooter so shit! i can't wait

ESmorz
09-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I liked the camera work too. The trailer looks awesome. It's just the fact that they're not staying true to the game that I dont like...

I still think it'll be a good movie...Just no Mila Kunis boobies...

Or blown apart baddies.

The vengeance just won't be the same.

cserrano86
09-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Or blown apart baddies.

The vengeance just won't be the same.

True... Hmm... :-/

They better have Vlad in the movie...

Ninjabread
09-16-2008, 11:23 PM
I think the valkerys are like a reference to the drugs and or part of them

ravinaziankid
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
That demon part is probably in his dreams or something. Wasn't there a stage where he's sleeping and has to get through his nightmare with the girl or baby crying or telephone ringing or something? Is that the same game or am I thinking of another game? I remember playing Max Payne back then with my old ass slow PC, it was good for a while but I got so bored of it with the slow mo and the same stuff over and over again..i never finished playing..actually i hardly ever finish playing any games.

MudRacer
09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I played both games to the fullest. Absolutely loved them. I'm not so fond of them picking marky mark for the role. He just doesnt seem like max payne.

I hope he takes a bunch of pills everytime he gets shot or close to dying. I would always stock those and save them for the hard parts..

Mila Kunis? Hotness.

Fries
09-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Seems to be done well. Generally mark's movies are pretty good. Mila is definite plus. Gorgeous. My girl brought me to that movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and I seriously lost my jaw a couple times. The girl is just fucking gorgeous. +++ I will probably see this movie.

cali240sxdrifter
09-17-2008, 07:36 PM
^ yeah, I was really shocked on how beautiful she has gotten since that 70's show...

TravisSW
09-17-2008, 07:49 PM

Her boobs look photoshopped. wtf? Hot though

Here's some more hotness:

I see camel toe! :bigok:

silviaguy240
09-17-2008, 07:56 PM

commercial i saw said movie was rating pending ATM. but i dont like marky mark, just doesnt have that gritty bad ass look that max had in the games.

atom
09-17-2008, 10:07 PM
It's only a month away from release, they should know the rating by now.

They are not revealing the rating because they know the fans won't like that it's PG-13. They did the same thing with Die Hard with a Vengance, they didn't reveal the PG-13 rating for that movie until like 2 weeks before it was released to soften the blow.

jackjack
09-18-2008, 09:50 AM
im sure its more for the effect of death taking people or something?.

EXACTLY what i was thinking. either way i'll be there opening day. looks GOOD. at least......... i think so.

Fries
10-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Max Payne:
Cinematography is AWESOME.
Storyline is good just done incorrectly.
Mila looks like trash with all that fucking makeup.

The movie dragged certain points for far too long, alot of pointless shit. Alot of ridiculous shit like slow mo when he wasnt on the drug and when he got on the drug he was more normal than before. No reason was given why he decided to take it the drug, considering it only helped 1%. [We all know the reason but the director could have put "Payne's thoughts" into the scene]

Too much wrong not enough right.

5/10
Watch it but dont expect too much.

Matej
10-18-2008, 12:37 AM
What are those winged things in the commercial?
Is that from Max Payne 2? I've only played the first one and thought it was a great game, mainly because I liked the setting and storyline. I've been meaning to play the second one, but if there is supernatural garbage in it, then I'll save myself the money.

Pank
10-18-2008, 12:50 AM
damn...so many game movie adaptations... i think IRONMAN started this latest trend...

Ironman was a comic book
usually video game-movie adaptations are horrible. Doom, etc

cc4usmc
10-18-2008, 01:11 AM
WTF was up with that dudes chevrons? I don't know what kind of Sgt. he was supposed to be. Can't even get the simple shit right, that's why movies are so disappointing. They spend all that money in fancy shit, and when it comes to a simple uniform they fuck it up.

Fries
10-18-2008, 10:43 AM
What are those winged things in the commercial?
Is that from Max Payne 2? I've only played the first one and thought it was a great game, mainly because I liked the setting and storyline. I've been meaning to play the second one, but if there is supernatural garbage in it, then I'll save myself the money.

The winged things are what people "imagine" when on the drug. It's pretty intense, causes people to go crazy and see shit. The ones that it "works" on [making them strong etcccc] makes them hallucinate like a mother fucker, worse than everyone else. We're not going there though...

jackjack
10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
usually video game-movie adaptations are horrible. Doom, etc

ungh. tell me about it. remember house of the dead?

:faint:

chrisa
10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
This movie has already been done,pretty much, with Shoot Em' Up. CLive Owen played the main character and would have made a great Max.

FAIL! shoot em up was a TERRIBLE movie and its nothing like Max payne.

As far as Max Payne....meh, the movie was ok, i saw it last night. Nothing special. Ludacris blows...Mark Wahlberg was tight, he is a good actor. Mila is hot BUT the girl from Hitman and the NEW james Bond is in Max Payne and good lord she is hot. That movie would have been way better if it were rated R to be a lil more gory and of course to show boobs. All in all entertaining movie. Thats my :2c::wiggle:

vodka2
10-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Should i go see it ?

muddafakka
10-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm not gonna see it because I know I'm gonna be disappointed.

KA24DESOneThree
10-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Do not see this.

Buy the game and experience more entertainment per dollar.

It's so horrible, and if you've played the games you'll be completely disappointed at the story.

chrisa
10-18-2008, 06:37 PM
^^^I concure...

jrocslider
10-18-2008, 06:40 PM
you mean concur?

i just watched it a while ago.... it was alright. it wasnt that bad.

KA24DESOneThree
10-18-2008, 07:17 PM
you mean concur?

i just watched it a while ago.... it was alright. it wasnt that bad.

How long ago did you play the games?

I beat the first one again two weeks ago and just beat the second again on Thursday.

They're over 9000 percent more entertaining than the movie.

I was bored during nearly all of the movie and HATED that they deviated from the game's story so much.

Baka Sama
10-19-2008, 04:36 AM
DO NOT GO SEE

I repeat

DO NOT GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!

I saw it last night and wanted to shot myself in the head. The "action" sucked, the movie was too slow and never picked up. The charaters we unbelievable, especially Mila Kunis (from that 70s show) who plays an assassin. That and the slow motion for no reason makes it one of the worst movies ive seen in theaters.

DONT DO IT!

FaLKoN240
10-19-2008, 09:07 AM
DO NOT GO SEE

I repeat

DO NOT GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!

I saw it last night and wanted to shot myself in the head. The "action" sucked, the movie was too slow and never picked up. The charaters we unbelievable, especially Mila Kunis (from that 70s show) who plays an assassin. That and the slow motion for no reason makes it one of the worst movies ive seen in theaters.

DONT DO IT!

I couldn't agree more. This movie needs a Squidd review like NOW.

ZilviaKid
10-19-2008, 09:51 AM
man... i was really looking forward to this being at least a good action movie if it didnt follow the story..
fakkkkk... what am i supposted to do on monday with my date now?.. oh right..

BustedS13
10-19-2008, 11:17 AM
go see W instead
or anything

somovr4
10-19-2008, 11:21 AM
go see W instead
or anything

yeah! i had the option of that and sex drive.. saw sex drive and it gave a good laugh. im going to see W next thurs.

!Zar!
10-19-2008, 12:13 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/TurboDrifterZar/maxretarded.jpg

ZilviaKid
10-19-2008, 12:15 PM
ok ok.. i saw quarantine last week, and that was a flaming pile of shit too.
how does this compare? better or worse?

1slowS13
10-19-2008, 12:53 PM
i saved money thanks to zilvia. LOL

Pank
10-19-2008, 01:26 PM
How long ago did you play the games?

I beat the first one again two weeks ago and just beat the second again on Thursday.

They're over 9000 percent more entertaining than the movie.

I was bored during nearly all of the movie and HATED that they deviated from the game's story so much.

nice.

If max payne was done in a SERIOUS police-drama, it could have been great. The games had a great story, part of what made the games so fucking fun. i've played both like 3 times a peice.

Why does every videogame/comic book movie HAVE to be an action movie? no dramas?

FaLKoN240
10-19-2008, 01:32 PM
ok ok.. i saw quarantine last week, and that was a flaming pile of shit too.
how does this compare? better or worse?

Believe it or not, Quarantine was an award winner compared to Max Payne.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/37753/saturday-night-live-mark-wahlberg-talks-to-animals#s-p1-st-i0)k-wahlberg-talks-to-animals#s-p1-st-i0

http://www.hulu.com/watch/39813/saturday-night-live-mark-wahlberg-backstage

stiizy
10-20-2008, 07:31 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/TurboDrifterZar/maxretarded.jpg

good looks now i aint gonna see this shit........

jackjack
10-20-2008, 10:31 AM
awwwwwwwwwwww shit

ok forget it then

i'm not even going to waste my time after the reviews i've read on here

Ben G
10-20-2008, 11:57 AM
what if you get in for free then do you think that will make up for it?

stiizy
10-20-2008, 12:11 PM
^^ Maybe but it sounds like even a waste of time?!?!?!

Daniel.
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM

not really worth it even for free. you'll just be disappointed.

i movie hopped from nick and norah and caught the last hr of max payne.

what i saw was total garbage. GARBAGE!

Ben G
10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
ahhh damn i have a bunch of friends that want to see it that i probably wont be able to convince not to see it... damn

Baka Sama
10-20-2008, 01:16 PM

Will you be putting your dick up the bottom hole in your popcorn for an unexpected hand job?

Cause seriously thats the only way youre gonna get your jollies off at this movie.

Go to the dollar movie and watch bangkok dangerous. I havent seen it but im sure it has to be better than this.

ronmcdon
10-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Thank you all who reviewed this. I was hoping it would have potential, as I enjoyed the game and it's story.
Then again, Mark Wahlberg alone would made me difficult to take the movie seriously at all.
I will watch W instead. That's probably a better comedy anyhow.

FaLKoN240
10-20-2008, 01:59 PM

If you got PAID to see it, then yes, because watching this movie is worst than going to work IMO.

^^ Maybe but it sounds like even a waste of time?!?!?!

Precisely.

not really worth it even for free. you'll just be disappointed.

i movie hopped from nick and norah and caught the last hr of max payne.

what i saw was total garbage. GARBAGE!

Nick and Norah's infinate playlist was definately more enjoyable than this movie, tell me you finished watching that before you went to watch this abomination.

ahhh damn i have a bunch of friends that want to see it that i probably wont be able to convince not to see it... damn

Umm simple, don't go. Seriously, you're better off sitting home wacking it than seeing this piece of shit.

Will you be putting your dick up the bottom hole in your popcorn for an unexpected hand job?

Cause seriously thats the only way youre gonna get your jollies off at this movie.

Go to the dollar movie and watch bangkok dangerous. I havent seen it but im sure it has to be better than this.

Why would you want to stick your penis in hot overoiled popcorn? That sounds like adding more torture on top of watching this movie.

Daniel.
10-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Nick and Norah's infinate playlist was definately more enjoyable than this movie, tell me you finished watching that before you went to watch this abomination.

yeah, I watch N&N all the way through. Thoroughly enjoyed it. But then I just haaad to sneak in to see M Payne. Ruined my night. Crap crap crap!

ZX88
10-20-2008, 04:07 PM
DO NOT SEE this movie it was fucking horrible.

jackjack
10-20-2008, 04:51 PM
^hot damn

:faint:

swiftdrift02
10-20-2008, 05:12 PM
A-gree, dont waste your time!!